eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

Forum Newbie
    View kubwajack7's Feedback (+11)
    All-About kubwajack7
    View kubwajack7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

Hello again Silver Trader,
    I was starting to think that it was just me. I really like this site but I have not sold a coin in almost a month. I have reduced the prices to a break even point . I joined the eBid page on Face book for Buyers and Sellers and that has not skaking the bush. I have almost everything from soup to nuts listed and still waiting and I really do not want to go back to the OTHER site because of the fees and abuse. I'll stick it out for a few more weeks and then make a decission.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

Quote Originally Posted by kubwajack7 View Post
    Hello again Silver Trader,
    I was starting to think that it was just me. I really like this site but I have not sold a coin in almost a month. I have reduced the prices to a break even point . I joined the eBid page on Face book for Buyers and Sellers and that has not skaking the bush. I have almost everything from soup to nuts listed and still waiting and I really do not want to go back to the OTHER site because of the fees and abuse. I'll stick it out for a few more weeks and then make a decission.
    Hi kubwajack7, I can only see 1 coin when I go to your page - but more if I go into the US site. Might offering overseas help?

I don't see any soup or nuts lol! but variety does help also.

Glad to see you got your Store up & running - but all those sub cats where I know you have items but only 1 is showing!
    Have you applied for exemption for your Store so that your items may be uploaded to google shopping?

http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#48

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

well one things for sure Kubwajack,
    i still have a bit to do to set myself up need to review my posting prices and postage prices
    and need to get the other coins up in my shop.
    but yeah i don't think its just you mate if this was ebay i would have had a lot of bids by now!!
    Its early days for now but already advised 2 friends not to pay for ebid until i have tested it.
    I would not drop your prices too low mate if the site does not work then nothing will help and you might as well go elsewhere, I'll sell my coins on the market stall on the weekend if needed.
    I'll have a look at your shop later mate maybe we can compare notes
    ps:
    please spare me the universal BRU HAH HA COMMENTS about this being the site in 1 or 2 years
    its been around for a lot longer then that so if its a dead horse stop trying to flog it :P
    Constructive ideas only please
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

tried to look at your shop kubwa,
    and even though i changed to the usa ebid site it still only allowed me to see one coin
    I'm guessing it must be the same for you when viewing the uk site ( my shop ) it would appear empty ?

Is there a trick to view the auctions of other country's ?
    This might be an idea for ebid to change !! ( a world wide search option ) granted the person might not sell abroad but if they got a message from someone asking them to, they could always change

Hi cheaver,
    i sent of for that exemption and not heard anything back ! so not sure if it works, exists , or just not happening
    you would think that they would reply at least....

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post
    tried to look at your shop kubwa,
    ....Is there a trick to view the auctions of other country's ?
    You have to change the front of the url,change the k to s.Or for other countries from uk to ca,au, etc.
    Where it says http://uk.ebid.net...etc.
    Change to http://us.ebid.net...etc

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post

Is there a trick to view the auctions of other country's ?
    This might be an idea for ebid to change !! ( a world wide search option ) granted the person might not sell abroad but if they got a message from someone asking them to, they could always change

Hi cheaver,
    i sent of for that exemption and not heard anything back ! so not sure if it works, exists , or just not happening
    you would think that they would reply at least....
    Hi Silver, I can see 94 of Kubwa's auctions if I change the uk to us in the URL....
    Exemption does work - write to Support & ask advice if you feel it should have happened for you & it hasn't.

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

thanks bluebe,
    I understood that but then when i go into his shop it only shows the one coin that he has advertised as selling to the uk.
    the other 88 auctions he has are invisible
    that's what i meant !! its very restrictive and localized.
    also they should really contemplate an easy option when you do a search like on ebay
    you search and can then filter for uk only auctions for example !!
    the fact that you cant even see what other auctions a seller has, limits the sales possibility's ...
    i understand that its a balance between what the seller puts in the options but it also closes and limits possable buyers who might search for a specific item and could then message the seller asking him to change the option.

i'll get on it cleaver thanks mate
    lol yes that worked cleaver i see his auctions now
    however its still too complicated to do that if you want to attract new people to ebid
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 26th April 2013 at 12:28 PM.

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

Hey Julia,
    I see that your a kiwi
    and would like to ask you a silly question, as you can see i deal with silver bullion coins, and you Kiwi's have a coin called the fiji Taku in 1/2 ounce and 1 ounce coins
    They are hard to get hold of over here in the uk mostly because people don't know about them but i was wondering if you as a Kiwi see them in coin shops near you ?
    i would be sincerely interested in buying a few depending on the price
    So I'm not sure if you have the time to have a quick look but if you do could you work out how much they would cost including recorded delivery to the uk in either kiwi dollars or Gb pounds and let me know ?
    maybe we could do a little business
    sincerely Silvertrader aka Martin

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

Ok guys,
    Silvertrader has now gone international !!

May you all have mercy on my sales O.O

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

Hey guys a quick update regarding the Google product Exemption
    Ebid support are helping me with the application! a quick catchup
    I applied and heard nothing back
    i followed advice and messaged ebid support about this and they were told that Google could not find any products listed under my name ( i have 191 products up in my shop )
    Ebid support said they would upload a few and get me to reapply, which i then did.

now i have recieved this email from google:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hello,
    Thank you for your email.

As of September 3rd 2009, individual sellers on marketplaces no longer need to submit items to Google Shopping. Going forward, marketplaces will be responsible for submitting a feed of all their sellers' items. Your marketplace will also be responsible for ensuring that your feeds are up-to-date and compliant with our policies.

In most cases, marketplaces already submit feeds of their sellers' items. If you have any further questions about your items or Google Shopping, please contact your marketplace. We look forward to continuing to display your products, and hope you enjoy the new streamlined submission process.

Please reply to this email once you successfully verify and claim your website URL and we will take your request further.

Sincerely,

The Google Shopping Team
    --------------------------------------------

it seems i might have entered my personal email instead of google.exemption@ebid.net

in short i might have made a boo boo although i'm pretty sure i did not
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 3rd May 2013 at 12:36 AM.

Thread Information