eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post
    I have no confidence in the Google sales angle, i sent of a request for an exemption to the product codes due to the nature of the items i will be selling ( silver coins of numismatic collector value ) and have heard nothing back.
    I have bitten the bullet and payed for the lifetime seller+ account ( still waiting for the Ebid refund that i was promised to be paid back to my card )
    2, Google shopping, i have no faith in that not even in the slightest lol
    Nor do I and nor do Google, its had about 5 different names and is only available in a few countries.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

P.S. Since I have already been on eBid for about 5 years; 5-7 additional years would actually be 10 to 12 years total. So that is sufficient in my opinion for the realization of my vision for financial independence.[/QUOTE]

Well…I think eBid is been around especially for UK market for too long, and from that period of time I think UK people should use eBid much more…
    I mean if this business model is right and ok for that period of time should be enough…
    For USA market is just young but if reach another example 10 years that will be way too long because USA market is very different and if business stay around at the same speed of pace, competitions is all around and not waiting to took over customers…

P.S. ‘’Burg’’ I hope you’re count for the next couple year’s inflation, raising prices for everything a various cost around…
    And for total financial independence in that time person will need between $50.000 to $ 80.000 a year from online sales + off-line sales…
    Of course if person need to have normal life in USA and not skipping or cut usual living bills…but if is in your vision to have financial independence much less amount need it that’s ok, I will be still working in the next 10 years and if we both still around on eBid in that time just e-mail me and give to me your vision how I can live normal life in here with $20.000…or even $30.000 a year…
    Well…I hope you can achieve your vision even if is not only from online sales ….

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dzambo the "streams of income" or "activities" etc. would include more than sales (online/off-line). A persons career, or job, or special skills, or hobby(s) would also enter the picture. Turning those areas of interest into income producing activities, particularly with the ability to produce passive or residual income, would be invaluable.

What are the possibilties that a person could become unable to work physically. Do they have systems in place to continue generating income? In the type of world we live in today, exclusive online income sources could be very unreliable. What if the internet highway was dismantled; if off-line sources of income production were available, the person could continue to generate needed resources.

The necessary resource systems would need to include more than just income or finances, as the world as we know it today, could face major disruptions of normal life. Securing just the basic needs such as a food source, clean water, energy sources, or a means of security, could present major challenges. Bartering and exchanging skills, abilities, and resources could become as precious as gold, silver, or currency.

BTW: It is possible to live a normal life with very little, particularly if you are debt free, and can marshall some of the resources mentioned in the paragraph above.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well...you’re right…''Burg''
    But anyway and according for your vision or even my calculation I will need about only more couple $ from online sales per month to live right now month to month normal life until I gone from this planet…

And for the person who ‘’maybe’’ will become unable to work, I can say only for every young person: If you wait and you’re 20 or some years old and you make some income don’t fool around…don’t spend around way too much…especially if you’re not paying all living bills, try to save in about $50 per week or you have better job try to save a $100 per week and in time that person will retire he can have a minimum a $ half Million to $1 Million in saving without even noticing each month that money is missing…
    And if you’re much older I can say only ‘’where you been before…?
    I mean of course person can become sick or this or that but in average I don’t think many younger’s have problem for own health right now….don’t wait for life disruption…world war III…postal prices…food prices…and usual complaints all around…move yourself and stay in target…
    Peoples who do that before 30 or 40 years and stay in own target this day’s can retire or have very nice life….
    Peoples who don’t do that before 30 or 40 years this day’s you can see how hard life is for that peoples…
    In the end I mean on average that peoples can’t say sickens…or have always unexpected bills… Problems…and so on…of course for some in that time before 30….40 years that happened I understand that but again for many nothing happened and stay healthy for long time but time is gone without even noticing….how would be nice to have ‘’another chance’’…right…?

Thanks for your reply ‘’Burg’’…..

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Nor do I and nor do Google, its had about 5 different names and is only available in a few countries.
    I would give it a little more credit, a large percentage of my views are via Google Shopping so it is definitely worth jumping through the hoops to get onto it. It is certainly worthwhile in the UK and I would imagine the other countries it is available in.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Kreative
    I know that you and some other sellers get quite a few sales via Google Shopping.

So sellers should probably make as many of their listings Google Shopping friendly as possible.

But as I say I don't think it is available worldwide and it is really one of many paid Sopping Comparison sites.
    And it can be a race to the bottom.
    What if Google found that they were not getting enough people paying to appear, then they would can it! (they have a track record of doing this)

Long term ebid should be promoting themselves so that ebid becomes a destination site, and sellers should be able to rely on people browsing or searching ebid.

Hiya Martin...I guess the best way to put this is "don't put all your eggs in one basket". eBid is on it's way and it will be worth your time down the road. I've made a few sales here and other places and that's what counts. The more you spread your wings the more you will be noticed. It'll take time but patience can and most always pays off. So I wish you good luck with all your dealings

Have a great day!
    Greg S

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Copperlocker,
    I'm working on it and yes i know i never put all my eggs in one basket unless i'm egging a local politician !!
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

Hey guys,
    First the good news:
    I got my discount back from Ebid
    now the bad news:
    I've started uploading and making my adds and am running into major problems
    I've basically created a basis template / setup and then change the details and photo's on each add i then place.
    but alot of the time i keep getting this stupid message saying ( small problem ) and ( Description : Descriptions must be more than 5 characters in length and less than 40000 characters (including HTML tags)
    i've then spent ages trying to correct it only then for the add to be ok again later on with pretty much the same amount of info.
    I've tried using Firefox and google chrome and have th same problems with both
    At this rate it will take me months to get my shop up and running
    so Am i doing somthing wrong ? or is this normal ?
    one second you cant place the auction then later on it works ? seems to be an internal problem of some sort

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

Seems to have sorted itself out somehow

Thread Information