eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

Default Re: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Agree with your comments in general. However, there are many good sellers on eBid who have follwed many of the common suggestions, and they are still not making any or many sales here. Some, not all, are using keyword rich titles and descriptions; have their pricing competitive, but they are still not making sales here. Some of these sellers, not all, are selling well in other venues.

IMHO, the answer to the question, of why some sellers are selling very well in this low traffic environment, is much more complex than just "key words" "price" or "quality of items". Although these are all factors observed as being helpful to increasing sales on eBid. Unfortunately, there just must be more to explain this situation. So, therefore I will be "studying" this issue, if for no other reason than "a personal answer to a prickly question." A question which I suspect is a thorn in many eBid seller's heel.

So, I hope that you and other "successful seller's" on eBid do not mind if this issue is explored a bit. Ta Muchly.

Most important though, continue on in your selling success, as I for one wish you even greater success on eBid. Hopefully, I can say the same one day. I will most certainly will be striving for exactly that.
    One of the other factors might be home site. There are probably a higher number of successful sellers in the UK than on other sites. The USA is catching up on listings, but with the larger population is still way behind the UK. There might also be something worth looking at with the 'quality' of listings on the two sites. As the UK has been active for longer there may be more sellers who have had the time on eBid to perfect their selling techniques and also to build up a customer base. I have no doubt that the USA will catch up on sell through rates, and the more eBid can attract the sellers there, and the more of them that can learn how to best use eBid the quicker that will happen.

I look forward to the day when all eBid sites give sellers the opportunity to make a full time living purely on eBid. It think will happen, and the sooner the better.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

Hallo again burgyeb,
    Well i consider myself a perfect guinea pig, a relative newbie to ebid who asks lots of silly questions and has had to pick everything up on the run and also take in all the helpful advise i have received here in the forums.
    At this moment my thinking on this is as follows;
    I have no confidence in the Google sales angle, i sent of a request for an exemption to the product codes due to the nature of the items i will be selling ( silver coins of numismatic collector value ) and have heard nothing back.
    I have bitten the bullet and payed for the lifetime seller+ account ( still waiting for the Ebid refund that i was promised to be paid back to my card )
    if for no other reason then i now have a semi website shop to direct customers too from when i work on the market stall on the weekends.
    So for me that's a win win situation either way. only on here i wont have to create so much of my own traffic as i would if i was going to set up my own website.
    But for now i still have a lot to do! my plan is/ was as follows:
    1, set up my account and shop and learn the basics of how to set up my adds.
    2, take high quality photo's of my coins and set up the adds to the best of my ability with the best possible amount of information for potential customers.
    3, For the moment stick with selling only in the UK until i have everything setup to the standard that i want but then consider opening up a bit to other markets, such as possibly Ireland ( because of the 23% vat ) Germany because i speak German, and then possibly America because i feel that Americans will appreciate what i have to sell more then most ( I could be wrong on this lol )
    Anyway I'll keep you informed on how i get on
    for now i need to start uploading the pictures and connecting them to the adds ( will be about 300 Items ) then also price them fairly
    and then see how it goes!
    Problems i see are probably:
    1, I'm a newbie with 0 reviews so it might take a while to gain the trust of customers.
    2, Google shopping, i have no faith in that not even in the slightest lol
    3, Ebid itself, for example i looked for a seller of coin capsules on here and could not find one ( had to go back to ebay )

Should be fun
    Feel free to message me criticism, advice or even orders on / to my shop but give me a few more days to get more coin adds up first
    Sincerely Martin
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 23rd April 2013 at 12:22 AM.
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

ps,
    just a thought i joined pppay so that i would have another option for people to use in my shop but to be honest i fail to see the point of it!!
    paypal is widely known and used where as pppay is nothing as far as i can tell, if Ebid really wants people to change to pppay rather then use a tried and tested payment feature like paypal they should really do better then the 0.01 % different in Fee's / tax on sales.
    paypal = 3.4% pppay = 3.3 % its seriously not worth the £0.36 i paid to set it up.
    could someone who's been on here longer perhaps recommend any of the other payment systems including maybe explain how possibly direct bank transfer might work on here !
    Thanks in advance
    Martin
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like your ‘’positive thinking’’ ‘’kreative’s…..and if you can tell me in your own opinion how ‘’soon’’ that will be (honest answer)…where you write: …I look forward to the day when all eBid sites give sellers the opportunity to make a full time living purely on eBid.

P.S. And by the way for your thread for about total listing on eBid and how we going up, you just ‘’inspires’’ me and because of that I try to keep posting day to day how we going up in total listing items and we will see from that my charts how we do day to day or better say where we will be for total listing in example one year from my first count in this year…I must tell you after one year you will be surprised how we going up…just wait and you will see hard cold fact...thanks again for your inspiration......

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

This site still does Not show Bids made to Lookers when scrolling sub-category pages... It is Bad for sellers and buyers.
    Been sayin it for 4 Years... no action here till Bids easily show(aka Bid Column).
    Yep I have been proven right as witnessed by the forums.. no action talk.
    To many here are not opening their eyes to that.

A Bid Column is Just a figure of speech....
    The Bids are supposed to show in the Price column.. when you scroll all sub-cats here.
    (examples)with or w/o bids

Price

Bid
    Buy

Bid
    2 Bids

Bid
    $25.00
    Buy
    $27.00

Bid
    $32.00

Bid
    $21.00

Bid
    $44.00
    3 Bids

When no bids have yet to of been placed.. nothing is shown, it does Not say 0 Bids .

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Again To You Martin! Your jump in there approach to eBid is quite refreshing. Keep asking questions, there are no silly ones. There are always plenty of helpful and skillful eBidders about who are glad to give assistance. I haven't really mastered the Google thing, but I do suspect that the use of effective keywords can improve visibility. Also Google Analytics is available for use, and seems to be a handy tool. Must admit all the new fangled technology puts me off a bit.

Wise choice on the Seller+ Lifetime Membership; doubt you will regret the decision. I have gotten back my initial investment many times over. Consider this the only sensible option for serious long term sellers on eBid. Do not worry about eBid refunding any promised amounts; they are the best in being responsive to sellers/buyers on an individual basis. Contact them if a reminder is needed.

I consider myself a seller and a buyer on eBid. I initially built up my feedback here by making small purchases. I continue to buy and sell. As far as the searching issue goes, sometimes items are actually available here, but do not show up. Thus the issue of visibility of available items. I consider this a serious issue, and one that needs to be addressed.

I sell domestically and internationally, but consider this an issue that each seller needs to decide for themselves how to handle. I also have silver dollars available if you or others would be interested. Check out my coins, I sell to the UK, so they will be visible. I am fully aware of the issue of high s/h cost being prohibitive for international sales of coins. But I have sold and bought coins from across the pond.

I only use Paypal now, and accept money orders. I used to accept Googe and Skrill, but deactivated both due to issues/concerns. Anyway, Paypal's services are becoming more and more advanced. I wish their fees would go down the slope though.

Well, the best to you with your sales activities on eBid!

~Burgy~

Hi Dzambo, I agree that Kreative's vision for eBid is very positive, and I agree with it fully.

[Quote by Kreative] I look forward to the day when all eBid sites give sellers the opportunity to make a full time living purely on eBid. It think will happen, and the sooner the better. [UnQuote]

~Burgy~

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    This site still does Not show Bids made to Lookers when scrolling sub-category pages... It is Bad for sellers and buyers.
    Been sayin it for 4 Years... no action here till Bids easily show(aka Bid Column).
    Yep I have been proven right as witnessed by the forums.. no action talk.
    To many here are not opening their eyes to that.

A Bid Column is Just a figure of speech....
    The Bids are supposed to show in the Price column.. when you scroll all sub-cats here.
    (examples)with or w/o bids

Price

Bid
    Buy

Bid
    2 Bids

Bid
    $25.00
    Buy
    $27.00

Bid
    $32.00

Bid
    $21.00

Bid
    $44.00
    3 Bids

When no bids have yet to of been placed.. nothing is shown, it does Not say 0 Bids .
    Like the "Price Column" idea. I prefer auction style bidding to bin, and would love to see the bids in this format. Am currently bidding on 3 gold coins, and some bidding wars are going on. Unfortunately, all have reserves, which I can not stand. This is the one thing I miss from the Bay. The low start, no reserve, no/low s/h, and the outrageous bidding wars. But this is not practical on eBid, and a seller could suffer loss doing it. I would love to see this more on eBid, but most seem to prefer bin, which I find a bit of a bore. I bin in my local community, or if I need it asap and the price is right online.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Kreative's goals for ebid are admirable.

But I fear that they will take another 10 years at the rate ebid is going now.

The USA as we have found out only 1 million home based listings, yet it has 6 times the population of the UK with 4 million listings, so there should be 24 million US listings. Ebid has been in the USA for at least 3 years, and I don't think the number of listings has grown very much at all.

And seeing a how ebid only has one seller who makes reasonable $ sales on one ebid site, how is ebid ever going to get full time sellers on all of its sites.

You only have to look at the fall in traffic over the last 6 months and the fact that the forum only ever has 1 or 2 pages. Years ago the forum had 4 pages and was hummign along.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 23rd April 2013 at 04:05 AM.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, 10 years is a long time; particularly as I invision being able to be financially independent within the next 5 years. [Pipe Dream ] So for me, my original premise still holds.........establish and maintain multiple streams of income, online & off-line. This is my true vision, it is currently in progress, and I'm hoping to be able to pull all those loose streams together into some type of organized system within the next year. It would be the only way to recognize a 5-7 year goal of financial independence. eBid is a vital part of that vision, so I hope Kreative is right, but not with a ten year time frame.

P.S. Since I have already been on eBid for about 5 years; 5-7 additional years would actually be 10 to 12 years total. So that is sufficient in my opinion for the realization of my vision for financial independence.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    And seeing a how ebid only has one seller who makes reasonable $ sales on one ebid site, how is ebid ever going to get full time sellers on all of its sites.

You only have to look at the fall in traffic over the last 6 months and the fact that the forum only ever has 1 or 2 pages. Years ago the forum had 4 pages and was hummign along.

I'm aware of at least one USA seller who is making reasonable levels of sales on eBid. Is the seller you are speaking of USA based? The idea of "reasonable sales" or reasonable $ amounts/income is somewhat subjective. What is reasonable? I would venture to say in excess of 80K annually per venue or activity.

One thing noticeable is the more successful the seller, the less likely you are to see them in the forums. This is an absolute fact. So, should vibrant forum activity really be the goal? Would rather have healthy sales levels. Both would bring the ultimate satisfaction. Then there would really be much to talk about.

Thread Information