eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

Default Re: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

no limit...list away to your hearts content..

Forum Newbie
    View kubwajack7's Feedback (+11)
    All-About kubwajack7
    View kubwajack7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Greetings from a new member and a question about the activity on this site

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post
    Ok I cant remove the reserve at the moment so kept it at £1 over the asking price
    sadly the duration of the auction has changed.
    I'll have a closer look at things later on and consider doing the buy now option etc
    removed the duplicate add so i wont get reported for being an ebid newbie
    thanks for the help
    Welcome to eBid Silver Trader,
    I am also a Newbee on eBid. Relax a bit ! I just started a store this past week after 3 months. It will come and the people on this Site are Great with advise. Unlike the other site, these people honestly want you to succed because the Site grow every time you sell something and talk somebody else to come here. Just chill !

Jack

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks jack,
    I am chilled !! but also determined to get up and running
    The Devil makes work for idle hands mate which is why i post questions when i cant find an answer !
    Sincerely Martin
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

Forum Newbie
    View kubwajack7's Feedback (+11)
    All-About kubwajack7
    View kubwajack7's Listings
    Forum Posts

HI SilverTrader,
    Are things getting any better ? Just keep bating the hook and sooner or later they will find us all.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kubwajack7 View Post
    HI SilverTrader,
    Are things getting any better ? Just keep bating the hook and sooner or later they will find us all.
    LOL! I certainly hope they (great buyers) find us all. Sales are definately happening on eBid. I have my own theory(s) I am developing as to why some sellers are selling very well while most are not. Will refrain from addressing my findings until further validation.

In the mean time, would continue to recommend diversification of income, including selling in multiple Bay alternate venues; developing your career path or job; developing your business activities (online & off-line), etc. Enjoy the ride or ride the chill wave as you go along.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I have my own theory(s) I am developing as to why some sellers are selling very well while most are not. Will refrain from addressing my findings until further validation.
    Looking forward to seeing that research

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fyr1 View Post
    The far biggest problem with ebid is the fact rare items that are actively being searched for and may be for sale on ebid do not show up on Google. So sellers do not get the traffic that other sites get, which in turn reduces sales and the 2 % margin that e bid gets. I am sure ebid has figured it out if sellers are not selling than ebid is not making money either.
    The issue of visibility of items was addressed on another thread and is not exclusive to rare items. This happens to be one of the many observations made in my ongoing "study". What concerned me also was not the issue of just the Google search, but the basic search for items right here on eBid are not showing up.

This does reduce traffic to the item(s) rare or not rare, and traffic is already slow on eBid. This reduced traffic will most certainly result in reduced sales.

However, this does not answer the question fully, as to why some sellers are selling very well, in this reduced traffic environment.

As far as what eBid has figured out. They have been in business for years, and will continue to be in business for years. They are making income whether the sellers sell or not. The ads that are strategically placed on the seller's listings are drawing far more income for eBid than the seller's 2% commission fee.

eBid needs to make as much revenue, from as many income streams as they can muster up, as that is the only way this venue will continue to grow. So they also are following the path of diversifying their income sources. Every seller on eBid probably needs to do the same, with the exception of the "hobby sellers".

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    The issue of visibility of items was addressed on another thread and is not exclusive to rare items. This happens to be one of the many observations made in my ongoing "study". What concerned me also was not the issue of just the Google search, but the basic search for items right here on eBid are not showing up.

This does reduce traffic to the item(s) rare or not rare, and traffic is already slow on eBid. This reduced traffic will most certainly result in reduced sales.

However, this does not answer the question fully, as to why some sellers are selling very well, in this reduced traffic environment.

As far as what eBid has figured out. They have been in business for years, and will continue to be in business for years. They are making income whether the sellers sell or not. The ads that are strategically placed on the seller's listings are drawing far more income for eBid than the seller's 2% commission fee.

eBid needs to make as much revenue, from as many income streams as they can muster up, as that is the only way this venue will continue to grow. So they also are following the path of diversifying their income sources. Every seller on eBid probably needs to do the same, with the exception of the "hobby sellers".
    I think one of the reasons that the successful sellers do sell on eBid is that they are attracting the traffic from Google and Google Shopping. On top of that they probably have good quality, well priced items.That will help those whose listings are not as visible by getting buyers onto eBid, but to a far lower degree. The main thing for sellers is to use what eBid has well. Keywords and price are by far the best tools to convert Google searches into views and ultimately sales.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebid has one million members.
    If ebid could get them all buying through ebid, then sales may pick up in a BIG way.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I think one of the reasons that the successful sellers do sell on eBid is that they are attracting the traffic from Google and Google Shopping. On top of that they probably have good quality, well priced items.That will help those whose listings are not as visible by getting buyers onto eBid, but to a far lower degree. The main thing for sellers is to use what eBid has well. Keywords and price are by far the best tools to convert Google searches into views and ultimately sales.
    Agree with your comments in general. However, there are many good sellers on eBid who have follwed many of the common suggestions, and they are still not making any or many sales here. Some, not all, are using keyword rich titles and descriptions; have their pricing competitive, but they are still not making sales here. Some of these sellers, not all, are selling well in other venues.

IMHO, the answer to the question, of why some sellers are selling very well in this low traffic environment, is much more complex than just "key words" "price" or "quality of items". Although these are all factors observed as being helpful to increasing sales on eBid. Unfortunately, there just must be more to explain this situation. So, therefore I will be "studying" this issue, if for no other reason than "a personal answer to a prickly question." A question which I suspect is a thorn in many eBid seller's heel.

So, I hope that you and other "successful seller's" on eBid do not mind if this issue is explored a bit. Ta Muchly.

Most important though, continue on in your selling success, as I for one wish you even greater success on eBid. Hopefully, I can say the same one day. I will most certainly will be striving for exactly that.

Thread Information