Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positive Thread!!!!!!

Default Re: The Positive Thread!!!!!!

Not posted on here for a while so here's a small update.

So far this year sales have been pretty good, 27 sales in January and 41 sales in February, so far March has yielded 6 sales in a day and a half, though most of them were relatively low value.

One thing I am noticing, and this is what is leading to a higher number of sales is that I am selling more in areas where sales have previously been a little slow. So where previously I might sell 2 or 3 clothing items a month I am selling at least double at the moment, for books it was only 1 or 2 a year and I have sold 3 in the last 3 days. If eBid can start attracting buyers to areas where they did not previously then it will help the overall sales for eBid and also give current sellers the incentive to list more and for newbies to get the sales and stick with eBid.

They might only be tentative signs, but it might just be that this is the year that eBid finally makes that breakthrough into becoming a site where enough sales can be generated to allow sellers to make it a full time proposition and earn them enough income to live on, albeit without the Ferrari in the garage.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a new member register as a eBid buyer at 8.30 last night.

He started buying stamps from my shop at 8.50 and by 9.10 had purchased 15 lots at a total value of £3.50.

So far so good.

the problem is that something triggered the eBid site responce of

"Awaiting requested documentation
    We have asked the user to provide additional contact verification information.
    The user's status is pending receipt of the requested information."

I realise that eBid has access to information that we do not, but I fear that the buyer will walk away from the site.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

I Had a Newbie Buy a Banknote from me on the 23rd Feb. Despite 3 Reminder Invoices, No Payment. this is the second time in a month.a Newbie has purchased an item and not paid.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

I knew February would be a big month for me because I had the holiday notice on for a period of time, but it was considerably better than my expectations...

So open for only 17 days in February - 232 items sold. Over £400 worth sold.

Those figures aside, I agree with Kreative's comments that there are some really good indicators at the moment. The level of newbie purchases for me (and others) since last August has been absolutely fantastic, that combined with many additional sellers of postcards makes for an extremely positive outlook.

I can't complete with dean's numbers or kreative's money, but I am quite excited about my 68 sales in February ... 9 sales so far in March and 8 more items with bids!

Forum Newbie
    View PaulWK1972's Feedback (+29830)
    All-About PaulWK1972
    View PaulWK1972's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    I can't complete with dean's numbers or kreative's money, but I am quite excited about my 68 sales in February ... 9 sales so far in March and 8 more items with bids!
    Only just started listing last month and I haven't got all my stock up yet, but got 6 sales, strangely all over a 3 day period...had a blank week before that period, and now nearly a blank fortnight and counting afterwards. The fact I've had nothing for two weeks now is a big worry.

Still got things to list but kind of lost a bit of enthusiasm about it lately because of the long period with no sales, but will jump back on it and keep plugging away .

And oh yeah, my point - I noticed the same as some established sellers re: new buyers - 5 of those 6 orders were 0 feedback new buyers.

So something attracted them in during a small window, then it stopped. I wonder why?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

February was good and many of my sales were to newbies.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    I can't compete with dean's numbers or kreative's money, but I am quite excited about my 68 sales in February ... 9 sales so far in March and 8 more items with bids!
    There is no competing - whether it is 1 sale or 1,000, $1 or $1,000 it is all about the title of this thread, being positive. And your contribution in sales is as important and exciting as anyone else.

The individual on eBid is a mere raindrop in an ocean - however the collective group can make some waves.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWK1972 View Post
    Only just started listing last month and I haven't got all my stock up yet, but got 6 sales, strangely all over a 3 day period...had a blank week before that period, and now nearly a blank fortnight and counting afterwards. The fact I've had nothing for two weeks now is a big worry.

Still got things to list but kind of lost a bit of enthusiasm about it lately because of the long period with no sales, but will jump back on it and keep plugging away .

And oh yeah, my point - I noticed the same as some established sellers re: new buyers - 5 of those 6 orders were 0 feedback new buyers.

So something attracted them in during a small window, then it stopped. I wonder why?
    I get sales most days, but every now and again there are spells where it seems like all the buyers have disappeared, then just as quickly as they went they return. There is no reason I can find for this and it can happen after things have been going well and things can be great after these blank spells. If you have had sales then you obviously have items people want and they are well listed and priced, so hopefully your sales will return and grow.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

4 more sales today - I can't keep up with this !

Thread Information