eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ebid Weight Loss Challenge :)

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid Weight Loss Challenge :)

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    So...I bought a lovely top recently...it arrived in the post today but I need to lose a couple of stone before I dare try it on again...lol

Who wants to join me in my weight loss challenge?
    I have started a new regime in which I no longer buy bread, and eat potatoes only once a week. The belt size has gone down, but the thing which keeps me going on this diet is that feel so much better.

I do a lot more things during the day and my concentration span is much longer
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    I'm not overweight.........i'm undertall

But i'll join in anyway.........I need to give my 210 blood pressure a fighting chance lol

Yvonne x
    Same here...I should really be another couple of feet taller

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I'm in! How are we planning to keep track or is it all on the honor system?
    Maybe we could all post when we have lost weight and ignore anything else...then we will only have happy faces on here

I tend to only weigh myself once a month so I won't be posting about any weight loss until 1st December

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

My bathroom scales are totally knackered so I have ditched them and need to buy some more before my next weigh in.

So...won't know if I have lost any weight until I go shopping

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I used to be slim and toned until I sustained a head injury and I have gained about 4 stone over the past 5 years due to a combination of not being able to exercise on a beneficial level and the medication messing my body about. I'm still in recovery and will have to start a secondary treatment to help speed things up, but I'll be getting a treadmill soon, I won't be able to jog or run on it, but hopefully it will be safer for me to walk on it rather than walking around outside as loads of inclines around where I live and I start losing consciousness walking up and down them. Such a sensitive head injury as well, atmospheric pressure, gravity, air pressure, stress etc. affects it constantly, even air circulation inside a confined space like the shower, so I have to be extremely careful not to push myself to the point of starting to lose consciousness. Not being able to work out with my weights, do Lau Gar training and other physical stuff is driving me crazy but hopefully the treadmill will help as my circulation is getting extremely poor and I need to do something to help reduce the weight I have gained as well as get my circulation back up. Going to be about 3 weeks before I get the treadmill though. Think I weigh about 15 stone at the moment, so I'll be aiming to lose 5 stone as when I was regularly working out and doing other physical things, I was 10 stone so it would be nice ot get back down to that weight over the next several months )
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow - LeeJo - I didn't realize a head injury could cause such difficulties with such delicate variations! It must be really hard for you. Sounds like you are a lucky person, though, and one with great perserverance, so I'm sure you will improve with time and effort!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Welcome aboard LeeJo

I don't need to advise you to take it easy...it took a while to put the weight on so I suspect it will take a while to take it back off.

This wasn't intended to be any kind of race but it will be a challenge for me...and I just thought a bit of encouragement wouldn't go amiss.

My weight goes up and down without me doing much at all as my thyroid and the circulation issue tends to dictate what happens.

I'll be happy to fit into the new clothes I have recently bought

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Just had a brainwave. I don't have them very often so make the most of it.

It's competition time.....I'll start a new thread for this in case this one gets lost.

The competition is for the funniest weight loss story...voted on by any forum members who want to vote

The winner will receive the chocolate scented calculator that The Sarge had on offer in the most recent YDC.

Here are some pictures as a taster

Name:  chocalculator1.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  68.5 KB

Name:  chocalculator2.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  202.4 KB

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks guys. The head injury came about from hitting my head. My draw got broken in two places in 1999 and in December 2003, started having trouble with a tooth on the fracture line of the one break, went to the dentist and found it was dead and heavily infected, so my dentist went ahead with root canal surgery mainly to remove the infection, but it proved to be a stubborn infection that was never going to be removed. By then the damage was already done as in early September 2004, the tooth infection had my throat vulnerable and I contracted tonsilitis, this reacted violently with the tooth infection, causing a fever and I passed out and whacked my head off a wall at work. I wish I had just told my dentist to remove the tooth in April 2004, would have prevented me from sustaining the head injury.

But yes, head injuries are one of quite a lot of things that are worse to suffer from. There are obviously worse head injuries than what I have, so I got off lightly. The head injury itself is just severely tensed muscle tissue around the head, and it is worse across the top of my head which is where I hit my head when I passed out. And it's permanently tensed muscle tissue, the cells in the muscle tissue no longer operating normally so they are constantly filled with blood keeping it permanently tensed up, which is why I can start losing consciousness walking and doing other physical stuff, even sweeping leaves up in the garden, because not enough blood carrying oxygen gets through to the brain, and when you start walking, doing physical stuff, blood gets diverted all over the body so you can walk etc. lol. So the lack of oxygen getting in to my brain causes me to start losing consciousness. And this is obviously the most severe symptom/side effect I have to deal as it does put me at risk of losing consciousness and sustaining additional and possibly worse head injuries, so I do have to be very careful.

the muscle tissue all over the scalp is so tensed up you can feel it with your fingers, sometimes goes numb as well around parts of my head, such a weird feeling lol. But with a secondary treatment, acupunture, it will hopefully speed up my recovery. The muscle tissue between the inside of the skull and brain, that will have to be left to the medication.

The tensed muscle tissues, is just a result of a shockwave travelling around the head due to the impact my head took. The impact was not hard enough to break the skin or cause fractures, but I hit my head just hard enough for a shockwave to travel around the head triggering the muscle tissue to permanently tense up like it has.

So it's easy to see how and why weather conditions, heat, cold weather, gravity, atmospheric pressure, air pressure and stress affect it.

Obviously, the tensed muscle tissue, I feel that all around my head as a tightness, and it applies pressure around the head and upon the brain, and this level of constant pressure on the brain causing symptoms/side effects that are direct from a minor brain injury, nothing too serious, nothing life-threatening, just have sensitivity to lighting and volume levels as muscle tissue is constantly applying pressure to the parts of the brain that control these things, some problems with memory (nothing major though, just little things), my thought process can be screwed up a bit at times, I can type words I am not even thinking, I can often replace words with similar sounding words whether speaking or typing etc, pretty weird when that happens lol. There's about 11 or 12 symptoms/side effects I have to endure from a minor brain injury, but they are just basic things.

Obviously no work or social environment is suitable for me, so as a result, it's put my life on hold for the past 8 years. And I have to be very careful and make sure I never overdo things. Just 5 mins of vaccing will give me a monster headache for 24 hours due to the physical activity and volume levels involved. But head injuries are extremely sensitive things depending on their nature and what affects them. But I do count myself lucky because there are significantly worse head injuries, one's that are life-threatening.

but yeah, I got to do something about the weight I have gained and do something about my circulation, last thing I want is heart problems on top! When I'm sitting at the computer playing games, controlling the mouse, after about half an hour my hand will go numb, like my hand isn't even there which feels so weird lol. So have to give my hand a good shake to get some blood back into it lol.

And yeah, weight gains slowly and it can take equally as much time to lose it or more. I don't believe diets really help with losing weight for the majority of people, I think it all comes down to eating in moderation and exercising on a daily basis. I used to be really fit, not health-freak fit, but I was getting plenty of exercise on a daily basis especially walking back then, working out with weights to be toned up among other more fun forms of exercise ;oP lol..

I think what also helps in losing weight is losing weight with other people, people encouraging each other along the way, working together at it etc. So I hope all those in this thread keep this thread going and keep on track with their weight loss plans and hope everyone gets to the weight they are aiming for )
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information