Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Buying Cosmetics such as MAC Products on Ebid vs. The Bay Vs. The Store

Forum Newbie
    All-About pinkbarbie23
    View pinkbarbie23's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Buying Cosmetics such as MAC Products on Ebid vs. The Bay Vs. The Store

Hey,
    As a Seller and a Buyer I was looking at the MAC Products on this site. I should state that I collect MAC Cosmetics and currently own over 300 MAc Lip Products alone. I want to state that when I was scrolling through the cosmetics my mouth dropped at some of the price listings. Now, you can list the products at whatever price you want to, as a seller I know that, but when I see $20 and up for a lipgloss that cost between $13 - $16 brand new at the store or online and then a crazy shipping cost to me as a buyer that is just crazy. Now I'm only saying this because I really wish this site luck. I love MAC products and unless the item is super rare, such as they only made 10 tubes of that shade I wouldn't consider paying over retail for the item. I am transferring over from the feebay, but I did look to compare and it is way cheaper over there for the same exact products. Now we all are here because we want to make money, but we also want this place to thrive and kick feebays butt to the curb. This is just a suggestion and by all means mark items for what you want and what you think you can get, but in my opinion when I can go right down to the store or order an item from the store online directly that I know without a doubt there won't be any issues and get the item brand new for way less that is where I am going.

Forum Newbie
    All-About lividoodles
    View lividoodles's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buying Cosmetics such as MAC Products on Ebid vs. The Bay Vs. The Store

must say that I agree totally with you!
    I am really disappointed with FLEbay and hope and pray that this site will be the answer to our broken dreams lol however i have noticed that over here the prices for EVERYTHING seem so much higher.I am happy with my auctions starting at 99p but when it comes to buy it nows I feel like if I stick to the prices I used on FLEbay people wont be interested as its too low but if I raise them I feel like I am being unfair.....oh what to do!!!!

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buying Cosmetics such as MAC Products on Ebid vs. The Bay Vs. The Store

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbarbie23 View Post
    ..... when I see $20 and up for a lipgloss that cost between $13 - $16 brand new at the store or online and then a crazy shipping cost to me as a buyer that is just crazy. .....
    I'm not saying this is the case here but in the past greedbay diehards have done that then gleefully reported on their forums that they've tried selling here to no avail.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is always the option to contact a seller and ask them questions, I do, all the time. And most times with satisfactory results

Don't be afraid to contact them!

Thread Information