eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not a website suggestion, but.....

Default Re: Not a website suggestion, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by knit_wits View Post
    Yes, we do. But we also need to attract more sellers. I have lost count of the times I have searched for items on here and had to go to eB-y or The River for them. It has now come to the stage where I almost don't bother to look

Oh! and just as an aside. Last week I wanted an item listed on here at £15 including postage. I got the same item on eB-ay for £5 plus £3 postage. No contest.
    There should be little reason why sellers should charge more on here. Granted there are some big sellers who get discounts that we could only dream of, but for the average seller items should be at least 5% cheaper on eBid. If everybody did that then we would attract more repeat buyers. And you are right in that we need more sellers, but I think they would be more likely to come over if there were more buyers. Plenty of disgruntled eBayers, but they will not make the change until they know there is another platform that they can sell on.

On pricing I have just listed some boardshorts and swimwear. I always check eBay to make sure that I at least match their best, and on most I am 20-30% cheaper, but they are selling more on there. The word needs to get out to buyers somehow, we will all benefit.

On the window sticker front, I am still willing to go forward with this. It looks like cost is not a major hurdle, if people have ideas, taglines or suggestions I will be glad to hear from you. Anybody who is more artistic and would like to create something would be even better. Would just need the OK from the boys to use any logos and I could make a start.

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like the idea of a window sticker being sent with the free t-shirt, and also for the buddy point auctions
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Part of why eBay and Craigslist keep their positions as Internet monopolies because new computers come with browsers that have those sites already added to the favorites in many cases. They also have high rankings in Google, and how Google got to where it is is another story.

Is a major electronics or software company going to have ebid.net preloaded on their device? I doubt it. But I like all the ideas for promoting eBid! It kind of gives a different user base, since the majority of people in the USA today will not venture outside of the established mega corporations, which is a hand full of Internet services controlled by these large companies, such as eBay, Craigslist, Amazon, Netflix, Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Even Yahoo has fallen from what it once was!

Creating and promoting a system that allows searching eBay while including listings from eBid and other sites would have the biggest impact on promoting eBid sales in my opinion.

Thread Information