eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a website suggestion, but.....

Default Re: Not a website suggestion, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I was quite happy to pay the initial costs for bumper stickers & sell here at just above cost price.(well ya gotta make a buck!) See thread here.
    Likewise, happy to do the legwork, but don't want to be stuck with a thousand window or bumper stickers. Maybe if we could get enough people to say that they would buy one, maybe one of us could cost them, list them with payment made by all who want them a month or so in. That would give at least a chunk of the money, and show that the interest is there. I would happily either look into it, or buy one if somebody else does.

Might need this doing on both sides of the pond if we were to do it, shipping would be more than the stickers.

Just had a quick look online for prices, and it might not be too much to lay out, depending on quantities. If enough of you folks show an interest I might get some quotes with shipping etc and if it looks viable I could give it a go. If I was I might need permission from the boys, would'nt want to infringe any copywright. Getting a bit late here now, but I might start a poll tomorrow so that I can guage interest, in the meantime, just let us know on here. And if anybody stateside is interested in doing the same, we might be able to keep costs down with a larger order.

Mine was purchased from a seller on here back in 2008 - not eBid.

He is still trading. But looking at this auctions, has none for sale.

I have often wondered why a car sticker isn't sent out to new sellers instead of/as well as a T.Shirt. After all, when you shop in a supermarket, you come out with a bag that is free advertising for them.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knit_wits View Post
    I have often wondered why a car sticker isn't sent out to new sellers instead of/as well as a T.Shirt.
    I got a window sticker (old colours) with my T-shirt. I still haven't got around to putting it on though.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knit_wits View Post
    I have often wondered why a car sticker isn't sent out to new sellers instead of/as well as a T.Shirt. After all, when you shop in a supermarket, you come out with a bag that is free advertising for them.
    Like this idea. I'd definitely put a bumper sticker on my car, right after the fall elections; right now my vehicle is a traveling ad for my candidates.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by bnntreasures View Post
    window stickers a great idea , how about ebid selling them and donating the money to a charity of their choice or put up a polls as to who to give it too , let ebid get their initail costs back or write it off as a buisness donation to charity
    Great idea...

Seems like window stickers would be a popular choice, I for one would be interested in buying some but it would of course be nice for eBid to put something in place.

Online retailers of adult naughty novelties, fancy dress accessories, hen / stag party goodies, games and more.

It's not All About ME, it's All About US

Not a member of eBid? Click here to sign up.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nice idea for buddy auctions.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

If new promotional items are introduced, I would like to add my suggestion that the strapline needs to be changed. "Auctions without fees" attracts sellers. I think we need something to attract buyers.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    If new promotional items are introduced, I would like to add my suggestion that the strapline needs to be changed. "Auctions without fees" attracts sellers. I think we need something to attract buyers.
    Yes, we do. But we also need to attract more sellers. I have lost count of the times I have searched for items on here and had to go to eB-y or The River for them. It has now come to the stage where I almost don't bother to look

Oh! and just as an aside. Last week I wanted an item listed on here at £15 including postage. I got the same item on eB-ay for £5 plus £3 postage. No contest.

Thread Information