My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: buyers

Default buyers

I'm kinda disappointed. I've worked pretty hard to get several items up and running and not a single bid or an offer, or a sale. I can't hang on with this.

If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, please, please feel free. I've added international shipping, to no avail.

TIA
    Anita

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Where are all the buyers?

Hang on !

There are lots of tips on how to sell on ebid.
    Many people report they sell stuff within a few days of joining, so its all luck and what you have for sale etc.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Calafashions View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed. I've worked pretty hard to get several items up and running and not a single bid or an offer, or a sale. I can't hang on with this.

If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, please, please feel free. I've added international shipping, to no avail.

TIA
    Anita
    Hi Anita, your not really doing anything wrong, titles are good, descriptions and images are good, but.............

Consider rearranging your titles because Google are very 'fussy' about how you type them out.

Google only show the first 25 or 36 characters (I'm not quite sure of the amount but it is low) of a title on their site so make sure you have important info first because that is what a potential buyer will see first that will attract them. Once they click on the title they will see the rest of the wording, so think about how to place your words.

Also don't use all capital letters as Google will rearrange them to suit their needs and not yours so your titles may end up looking unprofessional.

Example of a title.
    EUC BLACK SEXY LEATHER STILETTO HEELS BY PIERRE DUMAS SZ 10M

Fix:

Shoes Pierre Dumas EUC stiletto heels black leather sz 10m

(leave out the word sexy and use your title space wisely with relevant words)

Hope this helps

jeweleffects, thank you very much for the advise. I will start doing what you've suggested. Although I've been involved in online sales off and on for a long time, I'm still a newbie. It's been almost two years since I sold, and it was EBay. I know the forums are a great place to learn.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

jeweleffects, thank you very much for the advise. I will start doing what you've suggested. Although I've been involved in online sales off and on for a long time, I'm still a newbie. It's been almost two years since I sold, and it was EBay. I know the forums are a great place to learn.
    I sell on different platforms and everyone is talking about Google relevancy in titles, they are very particular in what is expected if you want Google exposure. Using keywords that you also use in your descriptions, and in the right order is very important nowadays. Google will ignore listings with words such as L@@K - free shipping etc. They are only interested in relevant/precise wording in the titles. Google don't want 'storylines' they want keywords of actual items.

I'm always having to update my information and keep on top of Google's needs.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just checked your listings again and I see you are changing the titles.

This one:

Pierre Dumas black leather stilettos EUC Size 10M

is ok but you need to put the first word as Shoes and after the brand name ladies so you end up with:

Shoes Pierre Dumas ladies black leather stilettos EUC Size 10M

even I just corrected myself on that one by adding the word 'ladies'

Then this one:
    Vintage large black shoulder bag purse rhinestones

I would write it as:
    Shoulder bag purse rhinestones ladies large black vintage

Again I checked and decided adding 'ladies' would be a good idea. These type of keywords in the title will get picked up by Google and most probably other search engines as well.

Do you understand what I mean about relevancy and order of importance?

I personally always put the item name first ie bag or shoe or shirt or skirt etc then add the keyword details in order of preference.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Posted this to another thread, but it may be helpful here as well. Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day auctions with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, peronal blog) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old post before starting new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    9) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    10) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    11) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Oh and have fun.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the help. I've got to learn to add the link to my auction. There's So much to learn. As far as adding the key words, I've always tried to start an auction with the brand name if it''s a good brand, ie, Coach (I don't have anything Coach right now, but get my drift). Is is more important to put, Shoes Coach ladies, etc., etc., Or.....Coach shoes ladies?

Forum Newbie
    All-About nathimooreusa
    View nathimooreusa's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm pretty new to the site..Just joined a couple of days ago and i'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping that i get some sales coming in..i also think that the words we use on our listings are very important as google searches are very sensitive to this..will be posting more. Happy business to all of you and good luck..

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome, and don't forget to buy from ebid when you can.

Thread Information