eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Idea's who made this and when?

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Any Idea's who made this and when?

I sold it on the dark side for £25!

Forum Newbie
    All-About MuranoGlassArt
    View MuranoGlassArt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi

This piece definitely looks like a Bohemian / Czechoslovakian piece as the glass pattern is known as FEATHER PULL which was a commonly found style of glass made during the early part of the 20th century. Companies such as LOETZ, KRALIK and TIFFANY used this pattern with huge success and many others tried to copy it. Unfortunately, unless the piece is either signed or it comes with some sort of provenance, it may also be a modern Chinese piece as they are experts at faking almost everything around. The feather pull pattern is not a common technique used in Murano but the colours used would indicate either a vintage Bohemian piece or a modern Chinese glass vase

Hope this helps

Dean

Forum Newbie
    View Ave's Feedback (+1907)
    All-About Ave
    View Ave's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    It's 37 cms tall - 14 1/2" Heavy Glass Vase

Attachment 31562
    Even chinese knockoffs - poor term to use as they do impecable art repros - go for $199- for similar vases I was looking at some on aliexpress and this reminded me of a few http://www.aliexpress.com/promotion/...promotion.html however if it is a name brand it should have some sort of mark on the bottom - a symbol even? The colors are stunning in contrast and it does look vintage or older. Do yuou have any history at all on it? i have noritake vase from 1918 but thats ceramic. The blown glass vases from art deco age
    This glass blower in china does estimates and yoi could send a pic of it to them and ask how ,much they would charge to make one [not that you would be necessariily ordering but could get an idea on a base value] http://www.hiwtc.com/products/hand-b...1471-94393.htm as they show similar styles too.
    This other glass company does this shape and can add colors but her is their version http://yanchenggbeu.sale.tjskl.org.c...ttle-fish-tank I tried the check out to get a price but they want to be contacted for a price.
    If the aliexpress has similar new for $199 then its possible to multiply 2.5 and estimate it at $500 if you believe it to be an antique and made elsewhere but until you could get a valid estimate I would suggest hanging on to it as it may be worth more than you could imagine and yet if it isnt you could always sell it later on. My noritake goes for a min of $500 and is much smaller than yours but it has its tags and markings which collectors want on items for verification. If you can find any symbol or initials on the bottom that could help to find the maker.
    Ave

Thread Information