Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    JR has a blockage in his bowel, apparently caused by adhesions from his bowel surgery.
    The consultant will decide what procedure to follow. there is a chance that it can be treated without surgery. Lets hope so.
    Well JR has experience with blockages, but the adhesion is a new twist (no pun intended)
    Sure hope they can sort it without the surgery.
    At least you must both be relieved that it was nothing more serious. Best wishes to you both & keep your chin up!

I bring tidings of great joy!
    JR is now sitting in his armchair, feet up, well fed and watered, and watching the footie on the box! (He is in utter paradise!)
    Yes Old, we are very relieved that he has been sorted without further surgery.

Well, what a beautiful evening it is. It's very hot here, totally tropical, but sadly sitting out in the garden is an absolute No-No!
    We are plagued with thousands, and I do mean thousands, of little black pollen beetles.
    They get into your hair, swarm all over your body, and a drink receptacle soon resembles black leather, with dozens of the pesky things floating inside.
    They love bright colours, especially yellow - my garden furniture is a limey green/yellow colour, and it is impossible to sit on a chair now.
    I'm really cross because all reports say that they are harmless, and don't do any damage. I absolutely beg to differ.
    They have ruined all my roses, I have never ever seen my roses so badly scarred ... look!
    Name:  IMG_1127.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  83.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_1126.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  89.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1125.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  93.7 KB

Now we have a plague of Billy Witches - the darn things are smashing into the windows, they give me the creeps.
    I have netting all over the upstairs windows to try and stop the blerdy bugs from scaring me to death - I just dread when moth season starts ..... now I really am petrified of moths ....
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Great news Trish! - glad JR is home enjoying the footy
    Yes well, it stands to reason - those bugs must be eating something! - Just part of the joy of living in the tropics Trish. (we're used to that stuff from birth!)

Hope Shesa is feeling better Must be very busy with the bling job on her neck collar.

OK - a few choons & drinkies for yuz!

Name:  COCKTAILSPNG.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  21.3 KB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBpc9lq8cWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP9UjLeLN5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWmD_HcOcfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj30vUMq16o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KblBIOykECc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ308aOOX04

Crikey - it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack finding a thread you want to post on - never mind, I found you!
    Well, I thought I had better sign in before I get all swamped out with the YDC tally over the next few days. The little ones will be here Friday, so there is not a great deal of spare time until they are tucked up in bed!
    It's been hot and sunny again today, but I'm swearing like a trooper because it's so unbearable to be outdoors with the swarms of pollen beetles. I feel lousy, scratching my head thinking that those blerdy pests are in my hair.

Shesa hun, we all are waiting for you to report in - and where is Posbear? I worry that he is not well, I miss his posts and his selections of choons.
    Books, stop trying to get an all over tan on that pert little derriere of yours, and come bring us more of your golden oldies.
    Wyo, how's things with you? Have you tried JD Tennessee Fire yet - OMG, it's to die for! Gotta love that cinnamon!

Old, me mate, cheers for the drinkies and the choons, I nearly danced meself outta ma chair at the Buckin' Mule, and I so loved the tropical Paradise vid, I was instantly transported to Hawaii! (Betcha they ain't got them darn pollen beetles there!).

Right, I had better answer my emails now- seems like everyone is emailing me re JR's condition and recovery, at least it's better than having to repeat myself on the blower umpteen times!

Lookee what I have here .... oooh! This will light my fire!
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

i got a bottle of jd fire for xmas - yum!
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

I'm Baaaack!!

Yep - Old was right - day after surgery I was up and about! Surgery went well and only took about 1 hour but I had to stay in recovery for 5 hours (usually 3) because I couldn't pee and they won't let you go until you do. After 2 coffees and 3 glasses of water I finally went and got to go home. I thought (from what I'd read and been told) that I'd spend a couple of days mostly sleeping but I've only taken short naps in the afternoon. Pain has been minimal, I never did take all of what I was allowed and I'm down to less than half that now. It's the muscle spasms that are the worst - I was told to expect that since the nerves were rubbing on the bone spurs, they now have to "rewire" themselves. Most frustrating is the memory lapses - since the brain is a muscle, it's been really relaxed too! LOL!!! I still get some jolts of pain if I bend over or tilt my head back (hubby has to squat down to kiss me in the morning!) swallowing is still hard but even drinking water hurts, so I'm eating what I want - no baby food for me, talking is getting better and I've been on the computer a lot but typing makes my neck hurt, as I've never learned to type without looking at the keyboard. I also figured out that my right shoulder was hurting a lot because I was using my computer mouse a lot - moved it down to my lap so I wouldn't have to lift my arm so high - just figuring things out as I go.

SHOCK! I actually got a get well/thank you card from the doctor and all the staff that took care of me from pre-op to recovery and hand signed by every one! Usually you only get a bill!! They were all very kind and caring and I could tell they actually enjoyed their jobs and cared about the patients - a far cry from most places where staff is just putting in their hours and putting on fake smiles and have an "I'll get to you when I have time" attitude.

Other than being frustrated that I can't get out and pull weeds in the garden, I've been behaving myself. If the weather was nicer, I might be less content to stay inside but it's been very rainy, temps in the 90's and HUMID!! The house hubby was building was pretty much finished by the time I had surgery so he has been here to take care of the critters, do the cooking and house chores. I do a bit of housework - just the light stuff - so I can get up and exercise. But, after spending last year doing for others, I've decided it's nice to have some down time to do some things that I enjoy but never seem to have time for. I spent about 5 hours the other day just reading abut the history of Tennessee and studying it's diverse geography.

Tomorrow I'm having my first outing!! We're going up to visit the friend that has the 1930's house. If it's still standing when I'm able, I still want to go reclaim some of the old wood in the house but for now I'll just be content to get the old furniture he's going to throw away and he's offered to deliver it since I can't drive my truck right now. Hubby mentioned out of the blue that when he gets his shop built, he wants to make furniture and I love to refurbish old good pieces and do "trash to treasure" projects, so we'll be able to do that together. Some of the furniture dates back to when the house was built (Art Deco period) so it will be fun to bring it back to life!

No - the collar isn't blinged out yet but it will be before I go to the 4 July concerts next week!! There's one on the 3rd and one on the 7th - all good bands including a British group that does all the good old 70's rock!!

TRISH - little Daisy Mae is adorable and yes, it looks like she's already trying to be a mini-you! LOL!!! I am very glad to hear that things turned out well for JR - I've had adhesion surgery twice and it is no picnic! The pain can be excruciating! And other members of your family just can't seem to catch a break with their health issues either. Broken bones, blood clots, bad smears, and reading about your sister just breaks my heart I hope she is getting some help dealing with all the emotional aspects of her amputations.

I've never seen spotted donkeys before so cute!! And while it's probably too late for this year, you might consider getting some diatomaceous earth to sprinkle on your roses next year in case the black boogers come back. It won't hurt your roses, but will shred bugs to pieces!! I'm about to dio earth all the critters and carpets - the high temps and humidity really have stirred up the fleas this year!

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh about your "curry teeth"! Did you ever get them white again? You might try brushing some hydrogen peroxide on them - just don't swallow it!! LOL!!!

OLD - I'm glad to hear your leg is on the mend and it's really good that your mate is coming to visit. Major life changes are hard but getting out and about will cheer him up, I'm sure!!

WYO - I can vouch for JD Fire - got an "emergency" bottle sitting on the shelf and still have a quart of Apple Pie in the fridge - I think I need to get that drank up this summer but will have to wait till I'm off these meds. I usually take that down to the river when they have concerts but I didn't get to go to any last year. I did take a small sip of blueberry hooch the other day when my friend visited - it was good but he makes it a little stronger than I like - it burned my lips!!!

Well, it's getting late and I have to be up early in the morning if I'm going to nic some tics on the YDC! Hopefully by the time the next one comes around, I'll be able to list some items to sell instead of just being a buyer. Then I'll be off to check out the furniture before the rains come in about noon tomorrow. I'll probably have to take a nap tomorrow afternoon for sure!

You all take care!!

Shes

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Oooh! - I'd better find me a bottle of that JD Fire - looks Yum!
    Yep - sure hope Booksie & Pos are OK & not struck down with any ailments. Missin' the choons guyz!

Glad to see Shesa back up & around again. Glad it all went well for you there. Hang on to that medical centre staff - ya don't find 'em like that very often!
    Nerve cells are the slowest to heal - so take care till that happens - it WILL happen eventually.

I'll be missing for the next couple of days (over our weekend) as it's our annual steel guitar festival - yours truly will be on the door selling tickets & chuckin' out trouble makers!
    If any of those old pensioners give me grief - I'll run them out on their "wheelie walkers"

BTW - the "new" geetar (1960's Rick 100) from Arizona, arrived all AOK yesterday. It will be having a "show & tell" session & a play, over the weekend!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sounds like a good weekend for you. Enjoy

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all - I'm baaak!

Yes! we had a great weekend at the show BUT it was hard work, & I always end up with a crook neck from sitting sideways to the stage.
    Thankfully, it's only once a year, but great to catch up with old mates & see some new faces & performers.
    We had a larger crowd this year, so much so, that we had to set up extra table & chairs to seat everybody - so, things are looking up (bums on seats wise!)
    The geetar raffle went over well, & I was happy enough with the profits for the club - more would have been better - are we ever satisfied?
    I've been catching up on my sleep since the show & crashed into bed last night at 7.30pm.

A couple of people had a play on my "new" Rick 100 geetar, & they both loved it - so much so, I think they'll be looking for their own specimens.
    One guy wants another try-out with it this coming weekend, at our regular monthly social. It sounded very very nice, & I'm glad I bought this one! (It's a keeper!)

Here's another link with yours truly on Reso playing "Frenesi" - Hope you enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/allenh-416988114/frenesi

Name:  lowenbrau.jpeg
Views: 57
Size:  9.2 KB

Hello everyone, it's lovely to read your posts.
    JR and myself, Dom & the kiddiewinkles spent a most enjoyable weekend at Lucia's farm.
    We all fell in love with the donkeys, they are just so adorable.We fed them with their favourite treats - which they took gently from our hands.
    The little 'uns didn't like the chickens, especially Derek - the aggressive cockerel. He is some mean bird, but one of the finest cocks I have ever seen ....

We had a barby Saturday eve, listened to good music and drank all night. .... and into the early hours.
    Sunday was great too - we went to a lovely country pub for lunch, the little ones loved all the play activities provided for them. We had to keep plastering them with sun screen, oh boy, it was hot - hot -hot!

I have some totally awesome news......

On Wednesday I shall be at the O2 Arena in London to see ......

Queen, with Adam Lambert!

Oh, I'm so excited! Lucia got the tickets, I paid for the overnight hotel accommodation.

I got my new teeth (crowns) fitted today, worth every penny - I feel so much better now that I can smile without being ashamed of the front tooth that had 'died' due to having the nerve removed.

Old, hey - thanks for the rendition of Frenesi and glad to hear that you too have had a great weekend.

Shes, keep recovering hun. You just have to go to the rock concerts.... but remember not to headbang, as I do not think it would be a good thing, considering all your surgery. Don't worry though, I shall headbang for you!
    I could chatter on forever, got loads of things to say, but I have to call it a day now - it is turned 12.30pm and I haven't eaten yet.
    I will be in deep trouble with JR if I don't scoff something soon.

Take care buddies,
    Trish x
    Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 2nd July 2018 at 11:53 PM.
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information