Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Good day everyone!
    Hope everyone is fine and dandy this fair to middling Sunday.
    Although it is cold and been raining the sun is now fighting back, always a good thing to cheer the soul up.
    Some absolutely FANTASTIC choons been played in here, I could play them all day but will get nothing done, also been going back over some of the messages.
    Sorry to hear the difficulties and illnesses that some of you and family members have had. Hope things are improving now.
    Health is one of the biggest things we take for granted until we lose it..
    Trish it sounds like you've been through a hell of a time lass, my heart goes out to you. You are such a stalwart to your family and friends, I really don't know how you hold it all together sometimes. All that work in the Staffy potteries must have helped ;-) would love to see some of the things you made. I agree with you about bone china and have some nice bits myself, Staffordshire pottery is some of my favourite, and the people too!
    Can't believe Abigail is now six either , it seems like yesterday when she was born!
    Can we have some photo updates of the little ones. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother again to little Robbie too, what a handsome little fellow, your good genes have clearly gone into them all!
    I have four grandchildren now. My sons two (Ollie and Zoe) are now almost 7 and 5
    My daughter now has two sons also. Thomas and Jack, who are 3 and 1. Little darlings all of them. Will find photos later, and try and get them the right way up this time! Don't know what happened there, they looked fine and I know how to turn them round, It only happened once they uploaded on here for some reason they then turned.

Books great selection of tunes from you as always (and from others in here too!) You posted one by Danny Williams. I used to live in work in Guernsey. First went out there at 16 and in those days cabarets were a big thing and very successful out there. We mingled and worked with stars regularly. Danny Williams did a season out there at the hotel I was working at. He was great. He always finished his set with Moon River, and though Andy was famous for it, he put a good take on it too, ah those were the days.......absolutely magical times out there!
    I still do not know how to post tunes on here, I am going to have to learn, this will not do!

SAL!!!
    How wonderful to see your post! Sure have missed you gal!
    Four grandchildren now? Crikey lass, are you trying to catch up with me ...lol!
    I would just love to see their photo's - kiddies are just adorable - so innocent, lovable, funny, and mischievous too!
    I will try and get some recent pics of my little ones posted here too.

Yes, we have had a bit of a rough ride lately, but we are managing to cope with everything. I always tell the family that there are lots of people far worse off, so we should count our blessings. My sister is coming to terms with her amputations, JR is coping with his stoma and sooo looking forward to having the reverse op. Still no date for that. He has to go for a pre-op assessment next week for the surgery on his head cancers, he has been given 28th November for the actual procedure which was really quick.
    Dom is still plodding along and does get low at times, he would love to find love again, but he absolutely dotes on his little girls and they bring him much happiness. Mum is still in the nursing home, oblivious of anything and everything, she has forgotten how to eat so has to be fed. She is 90 in February, so we are planning a little family party/get together for her.

All my family were 'potters' with the exception of both my grandads, who were miners.
    My uncle Bill was a mould-maker and I purchased some moulds from him and decided to teach myself how to 'cast' - i.e. pour liquid slip into the moulds and then fettle off the seams and sponge until all was seam-free.
    I then taught myself how to glaze .... funny true story coming up!
    I had my bone china glaze delivered in powder form and mixed it myself and poured it into plastic milk containers.
    There was lead content in the glaze and in red letters a warning - always wash hands after use, seek medical advice if accidentally imbibed etc.
    I was working away and grabbed the plastic milk container and downed a couple of mouthfuls before realising that it definitely wasn't milk!
    After running around in a circle like the cartoon characters do when panicking, I then waited to die! (No, I didn't seek medical help!)

I made the china flowers and leaves with my china clay and after firing in the kiln to bisque (along with the various ornaments that they were to go into) assembled them, and then they were glazed. (Another firing).
    The only thing that I didn't master was the art of flower painting. You have to 'float' the paint onto the flowers with oil, so that you get a realistic tinge to the petals. I was hopeless at that.
    Sooo - here are some of the things I made from scratch and I still have them (somewhere!)

Name:  1floral.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  31.5 KB
    Name:  1floral2.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  39.1 KB
    Name:  1floral3.JPG
Size:  28.2 KB
    Name:  1floral4.JPG
Size:  22.6 KB
    Name:  1floral5.JPG
Size:  26.2 KB
    Name:  1floral6.JPG
Size:  32.0 KB
    Name:  1floral7.JPG
Size:  29.0 KB
    Name:  1floral8.JPG
Size:  32.1 KB
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

..... and if you promise not to laugh at my hair and Deidre Barlow glasses .....

Here we are in Florida!

Name:  Florida 006.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  85.7 KB
    Name:  Florida 007.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  108.6 KB
    Name:  Florida 008.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  104.1 KB
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

What a clever girl you are. They are just beautiful

Hey, y'all!!

Trish - you are amazing!! The news article was very interesting - where is "page 6"? The girls are cute in their matching dresses. Hope JR is being treated well with his new issue

Pos - glad to see you are "cozy"! Don't want to leave anybody out, so I'll just say "Hey" to everybody and hope all are doing well.

Like Sal, no time today to listen to all the choons because I've got outside work today and it's hit 50, the sun is shining and the wind has stopped blowing, so I'd better get Off my duff and get busy!

Y'all take care!!

Shes

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wouldn't laugh at the big hair & glasses Trish!
    Name:  IMG_2182.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  4.7 KB

I remember those fashions! Why, I actually owned & wore a powder blue Safari suit myself in the day!
    Great family shot, & love the china work - very fiddly work that I'll bet.

Hope everyone's well & looking forward to Chrissy! YES ye Gods! less than 6 weeks to go! - SO lets keep the music on a roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O52j...=RDjlbunmCbTBA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwrCUEMl76U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjvf...zITixmOfE7PNgR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jadvt7CbH1o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4QSYx4wVQg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmIF...t3PgH9&index=6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hf3ihu2XfI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzIwfa67oSY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyQUCYl-ocs

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

Wow Trish, you are a talented lady!
    They are fabulous works of art, you should be proud of yourself.

Sal! good to see you back again.
    Time passes by too fast doesn't it?

I've slowed right down on my listing activity, I've been troubled with BPPV (vertigo) so have spent a lot of time flat on my back with my head over the edge doing the Epley maneuver, but it's not clearing so easily, plus my tinnitus isback. Do they do ear transplants?

So I'll bid you good day and will pop in again soon,

be good

Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

One fed-up bear here, anyone care for a nightcap?

Hands off the Laphroaig!!

See you on the brightside..
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Pos, hope ya get that vertigo fixed ASAP - thanks for the drink! - I'll take the Glenfiddich then! Cheers!
    Good Vibes was one of the earliest uses of a Theremin, especially in Rock - here's another you'll all know of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwdaGW-5f5I

Name:  25-2.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  42.0 KB

Hello everyone,
    thanks for the nice compliments on my work.
    I don't know why I did it now, as they are just stashed away somewhere, probably in the garage!
    The massive kiln in my garage has been idle for a long, long time.
    Everyone is nagging me to sell it, but as the garage is stashed full from floor to roof with the contents of what Lucia left behind, boxes of stuff that were given to me by my sisters when mum went into the nursing home after dad died and the family home was rented out.
    I haven't even looked inside them yet, I don't feel ready for that just yet.
    Dom's contents of his home are also in there, plus his DJ gear - plus all JR's stuff like his motorbike spares, (he hasn't even got a bike!) tools, hedge-cutters, lawnmower and all the THREE (?) toolboxes that are totally useless as he doesn't do DIY - so it will be a while before I finally can reach the kiln and flog it.

Old .... lol!!! I can just see you in that powder blue safari suit!
    Name:  blue safari suit.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  10.0 KB

Did you wear a medallion, sport a mustache ....another Jason King lookalike!

Aww, Posbear me duck, so sad to hear that you are troubled with the Vertigo and Tinnitus - how awful for you.
    I heard a discussion on tinnitus a few weeks ago and didn't realise how awful it was - sometimes driving sufferers to complete mental breakdown and reports of even suicide for acute suffers. I hope that you get some peace soon dear pal xxx.

Thankee everyone for the super choons - I have been listening to Deep Purple live in concert on the radio, sounding as good as ever.
    - ahh, happy memories of my misspent youth at the heavy rock venues I used to frequent!

Shes, I'm sorry that I don't have the rest of the newspaper, inc. page 6, lost it somewhere. Hope that you are doing OK, and the weather is allowing you to get about your many chores. Hope that you are behaving yourself ..... NOT!

WYO - where are you gal? Has the wind/snow storms swept you away? (Or have you met up with a handsome cowboy from town?)
    Hmm, maybe this will flush you out ....
    C'mon and join me in a wee tipple ....

Today JR has been to the hospital for his pre-op assessment.
    He is booked in for the main skin grafting and scab cut outs operation on the 28th of Nov, I'm keeping him positive thinking and reminding him of all the things that we have to do next year.

Now, for everyone that is hurting at this moment, here is a lovely choon for you .... and another one for good measure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2N_uvnvGbI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RjJKxsamQ

For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information