Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Just found these guys, don't always like cover versions unless they are somewhat different to the original. These have nailed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaDsbnhK2CQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu13rx65oP4
    OMG - noiyce! Thanks for posting Books!

Where does time go?? I've only been sleeping 6 hours a night, so that leaves me 18 hours and I keep on going like the Energizer Bunny but never seem to get caught up!! I need to start coming here FIRST instead of starting at the top of the forums, as I can't seem to make my way through all the posts before I'm off and running again.

TRISH - I am so sorry to hear you all have been so sick and in hospital. I hope by now some progress has been made with getting you & JR's issues taken care of. I sure do wish I could give you a hug and make it all better, but like others here have said I'll just keep you in my thought and prayers! I did finally get to see an ENT this week about my lymph issues. Good news - it's probably not cancer, as that type usually takes a person quick and it's been 5 years. Bad News - it may as well be in Nashville - me & 4 lanes of crazy drivers weaving in and out at breakneck speeds don't set well with my nerves at all!

The Photobucket debacle was quite an upset to so many people - I hope their greediness bites them where they sit!!!

WYO - I can't decide which of your creations I like best - they are all so colorful and cheery just to look at! The owl is cute but for some reason I've never been a big fan of owls - maybe when I was a kid their hooting at night scared me???? LOL!!

BOOKS - thanks for trying to cheer us up with some choons!!

OLD - besides Photobucket, what have you been up to?? Something "no good" I hope??? Do you get snow in the winter where you live??

It just poured rain here night before last and all day yesterday - a good day to catch up with friends, except most of my friends and relatives are online and I have no internet!! LOL!! Not complaining about the rain, as it was just about bone dry here and it came at a steady pace so the creek is up a bit but no flooding. I did get caught up with some house cleaning - BORING!!!

It would be a great day to go out and pull weeds but my BFF called this morning to tell me her son was taken to ER with a possible stroke and needed me to call in to her work. I did get hold of her at the hospital and they have admitted him. They ruled out stroke but have no idea what is going on, so I'm kinda tied to the phone waiting for another update.

Hubby is off drowning worms today and I need to get caught up on the rest of the forums and go check my chicks - I moved them outside the other day, as they were getting really big and the weather has been nice enough for them to be out. The grown hens have really been laying - as quick as I can find somebody to give a carton of eggs to, another one is filled up.

I think I'm off to the front porch to paint the rails - that's boring too but at least I can take the phone out there.

Y'all take care!!

Shes

Hi everyone,
    just checking in to let you know that JR is home from hospital and we are both coping with everything.
    His stitches were infected and were weeping, but he is mending - thanks to the absolutely wonderful nurses that come to do his dressings and all the rest of the paraphernalia that goes with bowel cancer/surgery.
    Just fed the kiddies and put them to bed as their daddy is doing a disco tonight - he needs the cash!
    They are hard work for me when also trying to cope with running the house on my own plus caring for my old man.
    Can anyone tell me why a 2 year old needs to put a bowl of strawberries, meringue and ice-cream on their head?
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Hey Shes, I didn't see your message as I was typing mine at the same time!
    Very pleased to hear that your lymph issue is not cancerous.
    I will gratefully accept a hug and a mention in thoughts and prayers - much needed!
    xxx
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all

Great to hear y'all out of hospital & or on the mend, & I hope that situation continues for everybody! All the best from Oz.
    Cheers for the tunes books! - adding a couple with special charity meaning down here ATM - to raise funds & awareness against domestic violence

Trish it's not just 2 year old's - our tiny trouble is now approaching 10 months, & has decided that food IS wearable! Bring out the fire hose!

Name:  e227b6fa-ce04-4223-b1a8-f3ceee60d86d-l.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  67.7 KB

Shes - yes I've been a norty boy again - yet another geetar on the way! This time the seller knows how to ship things!
    It's a 1937 Rickenbacher Model 59 lap steel & is # E2 - Yep, that's the 2nd. one of this model made! They were discontinued in 1943.
    I'm a very lucky boy to own such a piece of history & it will be on the way from Florida shortly.
    BTW - I have never seen snow!
    Name:  17081_sl1600_1_5.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  28.3 KB

To raise awareness of domestic violence, this weekend was the final concert of the Queensland Music Festival, with events that take place over several months. The final concert in Brisbane featured this song of John Farnhams "Your The Voice" with John as a surprise guest & a 2,500 voice choir. Enjoy!
    The original:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbkOZTSvrHs
    The charity version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwa76G_iE9A

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Hi all

Perhaps this is why I'm so relaxed - I love the stuff!

http://www.skynews.com.au/culture/of...-stress_010817

Certainly wouldn't be in this situation - but that's just a baby!

http://www.skynews.com.au/culture/of...ws-desk_010817

Hello everyone,
    Just a quickie to say thanks for the great choons folks, greatly enjoyed.
    Old - aww - that little baby girl is just soooo cute! I could just munch her!
    Brilliant news about the Rick - JR will turn green with envy when I tell him!

Wyo - are you OK hun? We all are feeling your pain after losing Missy O - I still haven't got over losing my Kaiser, still expect to see him when I come downstairs in the morning. It's terribly sad, to lose a bestest ever part of the family and your dearest friend. Time doesn't heal the sadness, just make us accept the reality.

Wish me luck folks - I have the colonoscopy on Thursday - so Old - do you have any tips on how to down those 3 litres of Klean-Prep? Is it as horrible as others say?

I'm scared.
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Just a quickie to say thanks for the great choons folks, greatly enjoyed.
    Old - aww - that little baby girl is just soooo cute! I could just munch her!
    Brilliant news about the Rick - JR will turn green with envy when I tell him!

Wyo - are you OK hun? We all are feeling your pain after losing Missy O - I still haven't got over losing my Kaiser, still expect to see him when I come downstairs in the morning. It's terribly sad, to lose a bestest ever part of the family and your dearest friend. Time doesn't heal the sadness, just make us accept the reality.

Wish me luck folks - I have the colonoscopy on Thursday - so Old - do you have any tips on how to down those 3 litres of Klean-Prep? Is it as horrible as others say?

I'm scared.
    Certainly do Trish! - Drink it cold out of the fridge!
    It's absolutely yuk at room temp. & not nice cold, but drinkable, just.
    The last litre is the worst - AND don't go too far from a toilet (think Mt. Vesuvius)
    I swear, drinking that goop is the worse part - the rest is a doddle.
    All the best, & enjoy the cuppa & sangers when you wake up.

PS. the "new" Rick is in the mail.

Thread Information