Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hey, all!

Getting the remnants of "Cindy" Woke up and saw it was supposed to rain all day till after feeding time, so I went out and fed waaaaay early! (Just something I don't like about getting wet with all my clothes on???) Right after I got in it started raining - nothing heavy here but we are under tornado watch till 10 pm. Rained just enough to make it too wet to go work in the garden and then stopped, but am having problems with internet off and on.

WYO - how did you do at the craft show?? I like the cowl with the larger stitches that shows their detail better - looks "lacy". Not sure if it would keep enough cold off my neck in a bitter winter but would be nice for fall!!

TRISH - Don't ya know why God don't allow women our age to have babies?? It's because we'd lay them down and forget where we put them!!

They told Mom that she would have to get new glasses as soon as her eyes healed because her vision would change - still waiting for them to heal....

They also did a thyroid scan (didn't know they were going to do that) and just got a call that it was okay. Good to know since I didn't know it was in question! Now, to find a doctor that will take my insurance. I won't go back to the ENT that wanted to do a "nose job" because I have a deviated septum - heck! It's inherited - everybody in my dad's side of the family has the same nose and no one has ever been bothered by it. He also wanted to do a "roto-rooter" procedure on my sinus cavity when x-rays clearly showed there was nothing up there to remove and I swear the 2nd visit to him, he was drunk - go back to him??? NOT!!! May have to go to Nash after all but I'll schedule an appointment when my BFF is off work and she can drive me up there. I have now been referred to the "Resource Department".......

I've not got enough eggs (3 from the Buff) to set 2 more broody bantys but that's going to have to wait until it stops raining - I cant wait till they hatch - love me some baby chicks!!!

OLD - I'm glad you persisted too!!! I never cared much for goose - a little to greasy for me but sounds very appropriate for you IF you can tolerate more "greasiness"! LOL!!! You have a wonderful weekend - much to celebrate!!!

Everybody have a great weekend!! I think I'm off to do some more shopping for re-sale tomorrow. Had a big lunch and it's rainy/dreary outside so I think I'm going to take a nap!!!

Shes

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings
    It's cool enough for me now!
    In the recent heatwave, sun can be good for my Psoriasis but the heat can also cause a flare-up, so naturally I suffered (and still am suffering) with the worst flare up I've had in my adult years.
    I'll spare you the details of what happens to my skin but will say that I have to wash my bedding daily and am constantly hoovering up.

Right, moving on..
    I hope that your baby is OK Trish,
    I worry about my eldest who is also bike mad, he's just got himself a new bike, a Suzuki GSX1250 FA, it's a beast!

He wanted to take me for a spin on it, but the old bear couldn't get his leg over

My youngest didn't get his dream job because he didn't have formal qualifications.
    The employer gave him advice about getting qualified and said that if a job comes up and he gets qualified then he would employ him.

I hope that everyone is OK and not hung over from Old's party
    I wonder how his Twangfest is going on?

Time for a bit of soothing Sunday morning music..

https://youtu.be/u9Dg-g7t2l4

Til the next time..
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Howdy all
    The twang fest party went very nicely & is over for another year - Phew! Now it'll take me a week to get over it
    With a bit of luck we broke even, & just maybe made a small profit? Hope so in any case.
    The Dobro raffle was a big hit & we managed to make about double what I paid for it, so I'm very happy on that score!
    It was won by one of our reso playing members, & I'm glad it went to a person who'll use it & enjoy it.
    Wow Pos, that is a beast alright - does he plan on doing some touring? Will let Bro have a look at the pic - he's mad on bikes also.
    Hope you're outer covering gets better ASAP, that must be a right royal pain you know where! - All over I guess

Just a bit of twang for y'all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8qeacBZGA4

Nice work there Wyo - what's a cowl - pardon my ignorance

No reason you should know - a cowl is a scarf that is joined at the ends, is the best explanation I can come up with. I see them called Infinity Scarves now days. You wear it around your neck and you can slip it up over your head to keep your head and ears warm, Lisa says she can slip hers over her shoulders too. She likes to wear it to work. They are made wide so they drape nicely around your neck & can be raised to the head. Mine is about 14 inches wide and 35 inches around. I just finished another one in a different color, truth be told, I love this yarn I'm using. It's 50% washable wool and 50% acrylic. I'm hoping to have a few to sell by Christmas shopping season.

I've been up and down on the feelings scale this week. I found out that the lady whose husband shot himself is planning a Memorial to put up in the park. I'm not real crazy about that idea and perhaps I will talk to the other board members about it. The park was originally started to honor my father who spent his life serving and assisting the farmers and now she wants to put up these metal signs as memorials to ??? People that I don't know as they ever did anything but grow up here. I don't understand why memorials aren't in the cemetery and I don't think the park will look very inviting with metal signs all over the place. I'm thinking once you get started . . . .

Then the Pastor at the church raised a little Cain of her own. I let the next door kids graze their 4-H sheep on the lots behind my house and my friend Gary had told them they could also use the 2 lots at the end of the block (adjoining mine) that I gifted to the church. This has been going on for 3 years now. Gary had an issue with the church re: hypocrisy and they no longer support that church, so I think it was a revenge type thing. Anyway the pastor told him the fence was to come down immediately! The kids built their own fence, so no one was out anything but grass and we didn't have to mow it. Anyway Gary had to go and tell the kids and they took out the fence today, but they went too far. They are going on vacation on Friday so when they get back, they will have to fix it as I don't want the church to think they have more land than they do. I just didn't think it was very Christian of her to behave the way she did, but Judge not. . . . and I'm not very good at that part of it. I expect certain people to be better Christians and Pastors are one of them. Gripe, gripe, gripe. My feelings are all on the surface right now with Missy On getting older, so why does everyone want to pick on me right now? Ah well, thanks for the shoulders everyone.

For years I have pretty much lived like a hermit. There are probably more people who will claim to be friends, but I think I have about 6 or so locally. I don't go to many social functions and even less here in town. Of course, there's not much going on in town either. I'm ready to crawl back in my cave now, thank you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDd_0rvKj_s

Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 26th June 2017 at 12:30 AM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Forgot to say - Posbear, my ex had 2 Yamahas and 3 accidents with head injuries and sometime I wonder if that is why he has Parkinson's now. I have to say motorcycles fascinate me and I think Trish's Lucia is sooo cool, racing. I couldn't do it.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Wow! Can I clear a room or what?

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all & howdy Wyo!
    I've had nothing to say or report of late & I guess everyone else is in the same boat???

I woke up to this beautiful choon on the radio lately, so thought I'd share a wonderful Oz indigenous artist with everybody!
    The song is called "Bapa" & is in his native tongue - Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKC-...CFDF707D1F1366

Breakfast & or a cocktail anyone

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning. Old, I can smell your cooking and it makes me hungry. Wyo, it is good to have a moan especially to listeners who are in no way expected or able to do anything.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day meebs & all

Well as evidenced in my post above, photo sharing site "Photobucket" is now history, as far as I'm concerned!
    Recent changes to their TOS, no longer allow 3rd. party sharing without an annual fee of $399.00, so, to that.
    Also, the amount of ever increasing & very annoying ad content at the site (unless one pays a monthly fee) has gone WAY OTT making life & use of the site, a nightmare!
    I've also discovered that I can't download my stored photos to retrieve them from the site, & all I get is a message telling me I don't have any downloadable photos in my albums!
    I did see another post here lately on this subject, but can't locate it now. If anyone knows of that, please let me know thanks.

So! I'm on the lookout for recommendations to another "free" photo file sharing site - preferably with a minimum of ads!
    All ideas most welcome! Cheers

Well, howdy do dah everyone!
    Had a very long weekend of family togetherness - I had the Tasmanian Devils from Friday 'till Monday as their daddy went to spend the weekend with his sisters at Teagans annual barbeque party. I played the part of Cinderella, so was left out of the fun ... but me and the kiddiewinkles had some great fun on our own! Got them a smashing super large pool and a Mr. Tumble spotted tent, tunnel, and ball pit. Luckily, the weather has been kind to us these last few days, so we spent a lot of the time outdoors. Had a barby Sunday eve, glad I didn't have to cook a Sunday roast dinner!

Hey, Wyo, my dearest soulmate .... (and drinking buddy!) .... I do hope that you are OK?
    You seem to be very down in the dumps hun - why doncha just hop on a plane and come on over here - we ain't posh, but sure would make you welcome.
    I no longer have any friends so to speak, - my dearest buddies have all passed away ..... eek, was it coz of me? !!!
    Lucia has recovered from her injuries at the last race meeting, and says she is even more determined to do well next time .. OMG, I sure wished that she was into Yoga, line-dancing or cookery classes instead of racing.

Hey Old!
    That brekkie sure looks good. Like our pal meebs says - we can smell it cooking!
    Really liked the choon - I listened to several more of his songs and also liked them.

I'm very, very tired now - so will say goodnight to everyone. I have a really bad pain in my lower back and right leg - I think it's with constantly picking the little'un Ava up. Also bitten to death with mozzie-bites, which itch and burn like hell - I was awake at 5.00am this morning, scratching and spraying sting/bite relief spray ..... hmm.... doesn't work.
    All my love to Posbear, Shes, and also all who visit the cocktail and music lounge.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information