Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Well, Old, I have to confess that I have never been to München and so not to any Oktoberfest. But there are fairs near my former home every year with a beer tent and the appropriate music, and I still wear a Dirndl when the mood hits.

Hello folks,
    Well we didn't quite freeze to death at Great Yarmouth - but were pretty close.
    Oh boy, what a weekend to go to the seaside - wind chill of minus 5C .... arggh!

Never mind, we still had fun - and Isla loved Sea Life, she stroked a Ray and she touched a Starfish (and got a gold medal for doing so!)
    They are really child friendly, and so were the American style family diners where we ate out which was lovely.
    Took me right back to our happy days in Florida.

Now then, this will surprise you!
    I am now practising with Acapella!
    Who would have thought it?

I guess I had better explain.

Today I had to go to the chest clinic for physiotherapy for my lungs, which, as you know, are damaged with the pneumonia and bronchiectasis.
    The physio said I needed an acapella, and left the room (to fetch one to demonstrate).
    JR was with me in the room, I said to him " blimey, I didn't think I would have to sing, you know what my voice is like".
    He said " Oh, I thought she meant you needed a good holiday on an island away from everyone".
    He obviously was thinking of archipelago! (He isn't too good with vocabulary)

We both rolled eyes in anticipation - then she came in with a contraption called an acapella .......
    Have to say that both JR and I burst out laughing, especially as I had to 'practice' how to use it at home twice daily.

I'm very, very lucky to get such brilliant care.
    I really appreciate all the help I'm getting to cope with this bronchiectasis thingy.

Anyways, after my chest Xray, and a snack and drink in the Costa cafe, we headed for home.
    I suggested we eat out, but ole JR said no - made some excuse about eating out all last weekend.

He had bought me red roses and has now just cooked my evening meal.
    Awww, bless him, maybe I won't nag him so much tomorrow - but don't quote me on that!

Meebs, agree with Old, you sure looked a stunner and I bet you still do when you wear your Dirndl.
    I tried to find some old photo's of us at the Oktoberfest in München 1988, but as I have literally thousands of photo's, I failed.
    Maybe it's a good job as I wouldn't like you guys to get the wrong impression of me dancing on tables sporting a German Alpine hat... and not much else

Hey Shes, you are right - Plantie sure needed some buns, although I wasn't really looking at the derrière, I got rather distracted with frontal views!
    No, I cannot have the kiddies full time, their mother must share the care - Dom and I will do our best but he works away a lot and I really
    cannot cope with them full time, as much as I love them.

Old and Pos - good to see that you guys appreciate fine jugs when you see them! Fine music too, if I may say so.

Wyo, great choons, and congrats on your orders - dunno know why you iron your blue jeans though.
    I just wear mine as they come - creases drop out eventually, wished I could say the same for my face ...
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oooh - I love a good uniform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y67OyBYoa2c

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post
    Oooh - I love a good uniform
    So do I!
    Well, it's a lovely morning, I can definitely sense Spring is in the air.
    I have found one snowdrop, one purple flowering anemone, the primroses are flowering and it won't be long before the daffs are busting open ... I love spring ...
    I tried to get rid of the moss that is spreading over the soil, and also put my little fence panels in to border a flower bed from the lawn, but I had to give up as my fingers were frozen.
    I guess it needs to warm up a bit more first. It is lovely and sunny though which makes me feel happy!

I suppose now I ought to practice my acapella and blow my own trumpet ....
    Tea and crumpets anyone?
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Crikey - sure is lonely in this cocktail lounge lately!
    I sure hope that you guys are all ok and not frozen up or melted in the heat ..lol!
    Just had a nice chat with one of my sisters, it's good to hear how things are back home in Stoke.

Hey Old - have you heard Imelda May's Black Tears? I really like her new album. Is that a slide guitar I hear?

For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

G'day all Not melted - YET! (but close)

Yes Trish it has been very quiet in here eh?
    That Imelda is one very talented lady for sure - AND not hard on the eyes either!
    The guitarist is playing one form of slide work known as "bottleneck slide", due to the fact that the earliest players, used the tops of broken bottles on their fingers to slide along the strings.

Glad the plants are springing into action & cheers for the Devonshire Tea - Yum! (I made some scones the other day)

Here's some more "bottleneck" and some traditional Aussie lamingtons for ya! (to go with a cuppa)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjR_I34Vczk

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning. I have been busy with visitors the past week and it looks like there will be quite a few more over the next few months (as word gets around we have a spare bedroom) I also have lots of little jobs to do and I am quite determined to get these things finished before starting any of the new things I have lined up. So better make a start .....

A jolly good morning/ evening from me too!
    I can't believe that a whole week has flown by since we were preparing for our little holiday break in Great Yarmouth - where has the week gone?
    Another beautiful sunny morning, doesn't feel quite so cold today, so I'm hoping to get a few more things done in the garden.

I know how you feel meebo, we get our fair share of visitors too - very nice, but I do like it when we have the house to ourselves when they have left.
    Hope you manage to get on well with the little jobs you have lined up.

Corr, Old - those Aussie Lamingtons sure sound as if they are right up my street!
    I googled them and discovered they are coated in chokky sauce and rolled in coconut ... mmm! I love coconut.
    Amazed to learn that the early bottleneck slide players used the tops of broken bottles on their fingers - I wonder how many had an accident and cut themselves???!!

For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ooops!
    Guilty of not looking in here!
    Not much to report though, the daily treadmill just keeps rolling along.
    The only human I have spoken with face-to-face for a whole week was the grocery delivery man.
    I think my family have forgotten where I live.
    I am fed up of not being able to go out without assistance, I am afraid of looking like an old drunk man when I try to walk unaided due to BPPV returning last week.
    It will go eventually for an unknown legth of time, so I look forward to that day
    So glad that I live in a bungalow, I have trouble with stairs, as soon I look up I go dizzy.

Right, that's my moan out of the way!

Here's a suitable choon for me

Have a good day!
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love that song. Brings some very happy memories

Thread Information