eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

G'day all - I'm all parteed out, but still have the other one to come later this month.
    YES - where did that year go??? Our girl had a great time, but it all got a little too exciting for her later, & she had to have her nap!
    Bit like her Old Uncle at parties these days!
    She scored very nicely on the prezzy front, & I'm tipping her parents will now have to provide a book case for her very own!
    I'd say very nearly ALL her gifts were of an educational bent in one way or another.
    I got her a 4 volume set of books "The Wiggles" drive a red car, AND a DVD of season 3 "Shaun the Sheep" my favourite TV show! (Gotta love those naughty pigs)

It rained all day & night, so I had a hellish trip both ways, but glad I went in any case. We need the rain, so I'm not complaining (Yet)

I got my 2 free trees & will add that story to my garden thread (with net pix)

Wyo - hope the balloon idea works for you. Make sure it is blown up nice & tight, so that it goes bang as soon as she hits it with a claw!

A choon for Shesa - & all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZANKFxrcKU

Our party girl - her cakes - blowing out the candle & opening a gift
    Name:  1stPartyb.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  84.7 KBName:  1stPartyc.jpg
Size:  49.9 KBName:  1stPartyg.jpg
Size:  77.0 KB

Awwwww.........OLD!!!!!! You made my eyes leak!! My grandmother used to sing that song to me!

It appears, in spite of the rain, that a good time was had by all - thanks for sharing the pics!! So......did you take a nap too?? Fess up!! LOL!!

Shes

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Uncle Old, the Old Uncle, LOL!
    Great pics, cute at that age aren't they?

I had a grandson's birthday today, was a day of mixed emotions.
    Little Mikey and Bethany's parents split up in the summer and have been living apart. My son gets to see his children once or twice a week, I get to see them when there's an ex-hurricane in the area! Which won't be that often.
    Can you guess how old he is?

Name:  IMG_20171016_203248_818.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  39.8 KB

I have been busy listing in my new store today as well as being a Granddad.

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Crafter-Beads

More tomorrow, this old f*rt is tired out!
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

G'day all

You know what - my Gran used to sing it to me also - think I'll sing it to Brody! Sorry your eyes leaked!
    NO - didn't have time for a nap, as I had the 2 hour drive home to manage (in the pouring rain) At a few points it was like driving through a waterfall.
    But I sure crashed in bed early that night.

Hey Graham, my guess is that handsome young lad is 3, unless there's a big 1 to the left of it.
    Boy! is he gonna break some hearts when he gets older! - the lucky little devil.
    Congrats on the new store - looks great - all except the international shipping that is.
    I have the same problem from here - they sure don't help us make O/S sales.
    Would you believe my last job (6.5 years) was a storeman for one of Oz's largest wholesale/retail bead & gem mineral stores!
    We were also the Qld agent for Swarovski products. We dealt in beads by the ton - you'd wonder where they all go!
    Like you, I have recently added another store. (coins, not beads) Good luck & list, list, list!

Time for a big drink & a choon me thinks!

Name:  25-2.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  42.0 KB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzAOpau4KRY

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings
    Fully refreshed after yesterday I will be listing more beading bits in my new store.
    Old, I used to import Australian pewter jewellery components from a company in Deloraine, Tas.
    Great quality and really good to deal with.
    I will be listing tons of stuff from them when I can.

I miss having my costume jewellery shop/workshop, it was good whilst it lasted, the Council served 4 weeks notice to the Business Centre, closed the building, demolished it and turned it into a car park!
    That happened at the same time that the landlord of my flat went bankrupt and their bank issued an eviction notice, brilliant, no place to work and no place to live!
    That was then, this is now, I survived the stress and am now happy again.
    By little bear-cave is perfect for me, a little woodland on the doorstep (literally) and great locals.

Sorry, I am rambling...
    More bear stories tomorrow,

meanwhile, a choon

Stay safe
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I look forward to browsing your shop(s) when I am back from holiday. Hopefully I will have some money left

Aww, poor Posbear .....
    you sure have been through the mill, let's hope that you are now on the up and up!
    As our Sues used to say - fingers, toes and eyeballs crossed for you! Your new shop looks fab, brilliant prices - you should do really well.

Agree with Old, little Mikey is just soooo handsome!
    What a gorgeous little lad, you must be very proud of him. Pity you don't get to see him very often.

Just loved the party pics Old, little Brody is just so cuddly and adorable. Loved bro's cool t-shirt and SIL's tattoo - two trendy parents for sure!
    Glad you made the journey there and back safely. Gorgeous trees you were given, so pretty. Hope they do well for you. I bet they appreciate the rain you are having!
    Thanks for the bundy!

Great to see you back in the lounge Books - some fine choons there, always interesting to listen to. Hope you and your family are well.

Shes, you take care hun, those snake and possum critters may be lurking about - I think you are really brave, I would shrivel up with fright at the very sighting of a snake!
    I'd take the mice/rats in preference - but you do need some good 'mousers' to keep the numbers down.
    Sis is still not good - to add to her misery, she now has an infection in her wound, poor girl. Morale is no better I'm afraid. It's going to take a long time, I fear.

Wyo, loved your funny post! Lol!!!! Most amusing to imagine Sadie tipping over her toy box and hilarious about the cat dunking!
    Happy to hear that your eyes are in fine fettle - I can't wait to get mine lasered next week - my right eye is almost useless, all I see is an underwater image of everything, surrounded by mist.

Meebs, hope you have a lovely holiday and don't end up too skint!

Champagne afternoon tea anyone? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQASun9d8E
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Hi all,
    Couldn't half murder that Devonshire Trish, BUT - sadly, I'm not allowed!
    In the pix are my eldest Niece & her hubby (yes they are trendy) Brody is my Grand Niece i.e. my Bro's first grand child.
    Hope the doc's get on top of that infection ASAP for your Sis. I guess she'll be getting heaps of antibiotics ATM - you know what that's like eh?
    Best wishes to her & family.

Good morning/evening everyone.
    What a night - the little ones played us up at bedtime, they wouldn't settle down for AGES! They get too excited when they come to stay, bless 'em!
    (Hmm, one wonders if nanna's bedtime singing unsettles them - perhaps I should try lullabyes instead of rock choons!)

JR was feeling unwell, didn't eat any of his dinner, which is very unusual. Then he started to be be sick, and had stomach cramps.He only felt comfortable lying on the carpet, not in bed or on the sofa, so that's where he stayed all night, throwing up many times. I 'slept' on the sofa, not that I got much sleep with holding him the bowl to throw up in. I know it's another blockage, but after the last experience, we know how to treat it this time. He must be feeling a little easier now as I have just put him to bed. Now I have to phone his stoma nurse to cancel the appointment he has for this morning.

Anyway, help yourself to coffee!

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings

I would sure like a bit of Trish's food, but, like Old, I need to watch my bear shaped figure.
    But I could manage a drop of Champers,
    I took lots of photos yesterday for more things to be listed, so another busy day ahead for me in Ninja Lister.
    Wyo asked why my lve-in son was lucky to be alive, it wasn't me (your 'onour) he head butted a tree in Wales.
    He was on this trail, in the wet, going very fast and the bike lost grip and...crash.

https://youtu.be/5wqiWIqzXx0

When his mates brought him home he was concussed so I told them (angry bear style) to get him to hospital. pronto!
    The local hospital checked him out, rushed him by blue-light ambulance to Warrington hospital, had a cat scan, released at 2.30 am and told to go home. It was wet, he had a tee shirt and shorts on and slippers on his feet. They eventually got him a taxi home.
    That was Sun/Mon, by Wed. he was screaming in pain (pressure in his head), so I dialled 999, they rushed him back to Warrington where they checked him over properly this time, he spent 2 days there before they let him out, at a reasonable hour this time.
    No broken bones, 'just' concussion. You know when my son really isn't well when the fridge stays full for more than 24 hours! In his case he didn't eat anything substantial for a week.

He's nearly back to normal now, so lucky that he had a good crash helmet and full body armour on, otherwise... no son.
    There was a funny moment when the 999 team were here, the lady Paramedic said to my son, 'I need to see your helmet', then after a silence, she laughed after she realised what she had said, she omited the word 'crash' she needed to see where the damage was after he butted the tree!

Somehow, I thought of this at the time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqyxXX3Ra4A

Now for a little crash music

Stay safe

Edit Morning Trish! you posted whilst I was one-finger typing my post!
    Hope JR is OK.
    Last edited by Posbear; 18th October 2017 at 07:51 AM.
    Graham

Thread Information