Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: British VHS tapes compatible with U.S. VHS?

Forum Newbie
    All-About tweenbennett
    View tweenbennett's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default British VHS tapes compatible with U.S. VHS?

If I buy a listed item from a UK seller and it says it's VHS, is it true or NOT that I can use it here in the U.S. on our VCR?

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: British VHS tapes compatible with U.S. VHS?

NO...you can't use vhs tapes from Europa and play in regular vhs player in here in USA, Because tapes from Europa if is original or no doesn't matter, is recorded on 220V and vcr players in here use a 120V power from outlet in the wall...So you need to have in here ''WORLDWIDE VCR Player which only can play and record tapes from all countries from the world doesn't matter which is tape come from, I have one but I don't use it for long time ago and I think that my player is broke before about 8 to 9 years in here I use very much for record tapes from Europa and peoples watch in here...is cost me about $500.00 but now is hard to find like this one because dvd players and disc exist only in the market...So if you have only regular player don't buy tape from Europe because that tapes is not going to play in regular vcr player in here...and anyway is very hard to find somebody who can help you out in here because many peoples just stop using vhs stuff anymore...In the end we in here use TV Signal NTSC and Europe use PAL, SECAM signal with 220 V so for that only reason tapes can't play but still you can try to look on internet all over and try to search for WORLDWIDE VCR Player maybe somebody is out and selling this stuff and maybe you can find very cheap now...I hope I help you out......

Forum Newbie
    All-About tweenbennett
    View tweenbennett's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks very much indeed.....that just saved us about $55 and then the headache of resolving the sale! Pat & Alan, Pittsburgh PA

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

No problem, and by the way I just check Amazon for that stuff and this stuff still very expensive around $400.00, and I think peoples who need to do anything with VHS Tapes from anywhere in the world need that VCR Player because only that Player can help you out to watch tapes or record tapes from here to anywhere in the world and from anywhere to in here because that stuff use dual voltage 220/120V together and you can tape anything in here and send a sample in Europe but peoples is not going to able to wach but with that stuff you can convet and record in here in 120V but peoples in Europe will be able to watch because that stuff already with recording in here transfer tapes from NTSC Sytem to Pal or any other TV Sytem in the world...and peoples in Europe can do that a same but need to have that VCR Player...with original tapes or movies or just recorded private stuff doesn't matter anybody who has this can wach...but like I say I really don't know who still using tapes anymore because in the market you can have much cheaper DVD Multi region players and DVD disc with is much better picture from VHS tapes...So in the end I hope you know now much more about this stuff and for the future if you need something around this you will be know now before asking any seller's......

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Excellent information DZAMBO and spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Excellent information DZAMBO and spot on.
    I second that - many thanks Dzambo, you have answered a question that I was wondering about.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

which can helps me personally I am not a person who use Entertainment only for fun because cost money and person is empty after that especially pocket and wallets is empty for what…?????....And for this particular VCR Player I know very well and this stuff is broken but helps me to earn bunch of money from recording private stuff for peoples in my country in or out…but now DVD Players is out and the Disc and transfer is much easy and cost much less…But in around 1999 to 2000 in here we have many peoples from my ex-country and many come in here in short time so after many settle buy houses and usual stuff many still left relatives and some of family in ex-my country so like a ‘’usual’’ peoples start recording in here privates stuff around house new cars weddings birthdays and everybody record this on normal stuff in here tapes and cameras with tapes and right away send this stuff in Europe and guess what nobody I mean nobody in my country can watch what is in this all tapes…and peoples write back tapes is empty or VCRs can’t give picture…heh….and many trying to figure out what is going on…so in that time I work for Black & Decker big tool company I just drive Forklift in that time and I see in some boxes tools are in 120V and some in 220V and I see in paper work some going outside in the countries who use only 220V outlet big one not like in here small one…so I figure out after all why this tapes don’t work…huh…I mean we has cassettes and this stuff works just fine in any cassette player or recorder doesn’t’ matter where is from and which is power…but VHS Tapes not…huh…before in my ex-country we never use a 120 V outlet so we don’t know and many thinks tapes will work huh…So I go quick online and I find this Worldwide VCR Player in New York store who selling only Europe stuff and that time cost a $800.00 but too expensive for me in that time so I find my peoples who live in New York city and ask him to try to look around maybe is not that only store and after about a week I have mail and peoples find me but cheaper one is $500.00 so I bought and let know everybody in here I have ‘’machine’’ to solve yours problem…and after that recording start…ohh boy…some days I have sometimes up to 5 tapes to record…weddings…birthdays…and all stuff around people recorded houses…where people been…how is in here nice…(and this stuff too long more of 2 hours or 3 peoples record…huh) and I a able to show after recording all this stuff for people who bring me this tapes how is going to look on TV on Europe…and I told send this tapes in your place in my ex-country and don’t lose time to bring this tape in your home in here and try to watch on regular VCR Player because you will not be able to see anything and anyway I told you have original tapes fro here and you can watch your stuff in here from this tape BUT don’t make mistake and send your original tape in Europe and left recorder tape in here because neither one will not be able to watch not you not people in my ex-country…huh…I told him just mark on tape a 120V and 220V other tapes…and after that peoples from my country watching this recorded tapes without problem…but guess what now people from my ex-country send more other tapes from 220V to people in here to watch how is all stuff in my country after many left huh…so more recorder stuff for me…And like this all goes less of 3 years huh…I record more of 1,500 tapes and charge ‘’only’’ $5.00 per tape for my time and doesn’t matter how is tape long from recording I am ‘’cheap’’ person and I know if you offer customer ‘’cheap’’ price you can sell a truckload, and peoples must bring me own empty tape…So after all this VCR just die….huh...probably he is too much tired and after shortly that DVS Players come out digital more cameras and ‘’modern’’ stuff and from that one I tell peoples you can start now record in your own is much easier and anyway I start to work for myself in that time and not much time more for this stuff…all rest is ‘’history’’….only for that reason I know very well all about VHS Tapes in here and Europe a sample…....

P.S. Dzambo is not yet that much old but I see many stuff in my life…been in crazy places…war…sold too many stuff on eBay in short time and Postal Office ban me to go in because I bring every day too many items and peoples must wait too long in line behind me so I clogged customers line huh…post office is small so send me in big one post office…huh…work regular job for big company and working now for myself…in past 9 years I has jobs in AT&T, Verizon, Coca Cola, Bank of America, Starbucks, Citi bank, and many more not know worldwide companies in here…and still keep rolling….I believe in god but I believe first on me and after that anybody can be in second place….and by the way sold some items today too…that’s nice…where is that thread’’ WHY DO I GET IMPRESSION PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO BUY HERE…?’’…..ahhh c’mon peoples buying in here…......

Thread Information