Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebid is 25 this year wonder if anything planned

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default ebid is 25 this year wonder if anything planned

just noticed ebid since 1999 so will be 25 this year wonder if the boys have anything planned ?

Default Re: ebid is 25 this year wonder if anything planned

I might stick a candle on my roast spud lol
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting observation! The Forums have certainly been less lively as the site has aged. Twenty-Five years in business is quite a fabulous accomplishment! Congratulations to the Tower and its staff!! GONG!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    The Forums have certainly been less lively as the site has aged.!
    Slight understatement methinks! Yes it's certainly very quiet here nowadays... Well done to eBid's 25th!

Yes, congrats to the Tower for keeping the site running for 25 years, despite the "fact" that "Nothing ever sells here".

I've sometimes wondered about the lack of engagement of members on the boards and why so few bother?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Yes, congrats to the Tower for keeping the site running for 25 years, despite the "fact" that "Nothing ever sells here".

I've sometimes wondered about the lack of engagement of members on the boards and why so few bother?
    Most people just come here list or cross list then leave it to produce a sale now and then, the forums will grow if the site's traffic, sales, sellers grow

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post

I've sometimes wondered about the lack of engagement of members on the boards and why so few bother
    ?

I have wonder that, too.
    There are times I can see how many "can be seen" members and that part of them don't post anything.

I would like to see some activity on and off just to know that their are sellers that are checking in.

I will say that when I have time to do pinning to my Sellers Mall, I will pin other sellers items.
    The first ones that I do pin are those that are active on the forums.

Agreed, for what is essentially a 'free plug' for our listings, how long does it take to make a post or two on the forums - I know many of us have busy 'other lives' (myself included) but it doesn't take long to pop a post in one of the topics or the 'Plug Your Auction' section...

I agree, it only takes a few minutes extra after I've done my weekly listing and it's a free plug for my item for a week which might tempt someone to click the "See Other Items" button. I'm not sure who looks at mine but the number of views in a week can vary quite a lot, depending on what I've listed. Recently I've listed several "Bloom Troughs" (not everyone's cup of tea) and views have fallen back to the 20s. Last Sunday I listed a more popular vase and the thread has had over 20 views already, it'll probably finish the week with 50+.

Also, as @Police says it's good to know that sellers are checking on their listings. One thing I learnt early-on selling here is not to let my "latest activity" get stale. I look in two or three times a week, minimum, so buyers know that I'm here and they won't have to chase me for their purchase.

If, as @ Borders says, sellers just list and leave until they get a "sold" notification, I can't see that they'll ever sell anything much.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that many forums are quieter than they were - sort of "been there, done that" but a livelier forum couldn't hurt sales now could it?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information