Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New Technology Seller - What is your opinion on how to grow the CE category?

Forum Newbie
    All-About tech1one
    View tech1one's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New Technology Seller - What is your opinion on how to grow the CE category?

Hello Folks,

My business is focused on the CE (consumer electronics) business. I recently stumbled onto ebid and have bought a seller+ subscription. I saw the value in the price, fees, ease of use and the potential of this marketplace to compete with the other sites like ebay and Amazon. I am seeking opinions from ebid veterans about how to grow the CE category. I realize the basic answer of attracting more sellers with goods and services and buyers looking for these items. What else would you think would be great ideas to promote and expand the category?

T1

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New Technology Seller - What is your opinion on how to grow the CE category?

We are slower still than Ebay and Amazon, we do have to market ourselves. I send emails to previous buyers letting them know where I am. Also us the forum to plug your auctions. Use Plug Your Auction forum and post daily. Also post on the forums, people will look at your site. I also am on facebook and show my listing there and have joined different facebook groups to promote my store.

Forum Newbie
    All-About tech1one
    View tech1one's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New Technology Seller - What is your opinion on how to grow the CE category?

Those are great suggestions and I do marketing all the time. I have had good success with my online business on other sites. CE is one of the hottest online sales categories and the future growth with online sales could eventually be the demise of some brick and mortar retail operations.

Exclusive to eBid and the CE category. Is there something missing from the buyers perspective about the categories of CE. Is there just not enough selection within the exising categories? Are the items that are listed here not high end enough? Do you prefer new items or would reconditioned used items be acceptable?

There really seems to be a huge movement back towards vintage stereo equipment globaly because of the retro attraction and superior build quality of these items compared to modern made components. How likely would would you be to purchase a vintage component over a new component if musical sound quality and longevity was the most important to you?

The purpose of all of my questions is for me to determine what listings to create here. I would like to help ebid grow and collectively as a group we can make a difference and prosper from this growth in all ebid cateogries.

T1

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Techone

Great to have another technology seller on ebid.
    As you say it is a large category on ebay, but its no so big on ebid.
    I am not sure why.
    May be because there is less selection.
    May be some fly by night sellers ?

I'd say the best thing would be to offer a good selection at good prices and to try to build up some good ebid feedback to build up some trust. And make sure your items go to Google Shopping.

(I would be not interested in vintage electronics myself)

I think you need a bit more info on you in you About Me page.
    Technology is usually an expesnive item, so I think people need to know who they are buyting from.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 24th April 2011 at 07:07 PM.

Thread Information