Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New to the Site and to the Forum. Hoping to find out how to get traffic to my listing

Unhappy New to the Site and to the Forum. Hoping to find out how to get traffic to my listing

Hi Friends,
    I have been here over a week now and have not had anyone even ask me a question about my listings. I am offering FREE Shipping, Tracking and Gift Boxes with each order. What more could I do to get traffic to my listings?

Thank So Much For Your HELP,
    CarolynsJewelry

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New to the Site and to the Forum. Hoping to find out how to get traffic to my lis

Hi Carolyn, Welcome to eBid and the Forum. I see you do not sell overseas. It would help you if you could reconsider. You can also use the Plug Your Auction thread (once per 24 hours, see rules) to advertise your items.
    Consider doing an Avatar and a Signature with a link to your goodies too. Come into Forum & learn from lots of help & advice - also participate, there are Buyers as well as Sellers here.
    Your All About Me page I found difficult to read with the highlighting - perhaps reconsider that too.
    Here is a link to Astrals tips for New users - lots of help there:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-your-queries.

There is more help if you click the Help button (top right of page). And you can also ask, as you have done, in Forum - the Kitchen Table is a good place.

I hope this helps and hope to see you about lots. Oh, and BTW, eBid has a monthly Charity Auction, 24th - 28th - see the Announcement Thread for this months. It is called YDC 94 (Your Donation Counts). It is a great way to get to know folks, participate, have fun, get feedback started - and all whilst raising funds for worthy causes.

Best Wishes....

edit: You can also use Facebook, Twitter etc to self promote...
    Last edited by cheaver; 22nd November 2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: old age caused omissions...

Default Re: New to the Site and to the Forum. Hoping to find out how to get traffic to my lis

Thank you so much for your help. I changed my about me page already let me know what you think. I also sent you a friend invite. Thank you so much!

Your Friend,
    CarolynsJewelry

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynsJewelry View Post
    Thank you so much for your help. I changed my about me page already let me know what you think. I also sent you a friend invite. Thank you so much!

Your Friend,
    CarolynsJewelry
    Hi Carolyn, you are more than welcome. Had another look - maybe I'm old fashioned for all this bright stuff - prefer quieter myself but maybe get another opinion?
    Don't forget to use the Plug Thread ... Best Wishes

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1957)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Love your detailed description

Are your pictures a little bit fuzzy?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Agree with all of the above, especially the bit about offering international shipping; a good number of my sales have been to overseas buyers, so offering international shipping is a good idea, if at all feasible. You can use Plug Your Auctions (1x per 24 hours), social networking, e mails to former customers to let them know you're selling here and good old word of mouth (my favorite, as I'm not the most the savvy creature around).

Oh and YDC is coming up, getting involved as a seller is a great idea as it benefits worthy causes and will definitely increase your profile here.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information