eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are my prices on clothes too high?

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Are my prices on clothes too high?
    Yer knickers need to come down! Attachment 20891

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    LOL! A former Grace Brothers employee, no doubt...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Yer knickers need to come down!
    LOL'ed! Ooh you are naughty

Whose?
    Surely not DoubleHappinessRecords's ??? I didn't see any listed.
    (absolutely cracking up with laughter)
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

DoubleHappiness, your prices look excellent to me. But bear in mind almost all my clothing shopping is done among used clothes, with the absolute exceptions of shoes, underwear and socks. I would NEVER buy them used. I can understand some people's aversion to wearing any type of used clothes: they feel creeped out to think other people have worn them. But my attitude is you wear used hospital gowns, you sleep on used BUT LAUNDERED hotel bedding, and you might occasionally or in an emergency wear clothes borrowed from friends. Also I make sure to launder all used clothes before I wear them so that comforts me.

Anyway, as others have said, your prices are fine but it IS a buyer's market. I for one shop here on eBid for used clothes because i just can't stand to pay full retail prices any more. It seems a waste to me. Leave your listings up longterm and eventually, I hope, somebody will be happy to shop in your stores rather than having to go out on foot somewhere and pay ridiculous prices.

Mannequins or dummies might help but I think your clear photos of the garments on hangers are good enough, especially if you give pertinent garment measurements. Even if you list that the size is, for example UK 8, we all know size 8 clothes vary tremendously among manufacturers, styles and intended degree of tightness. If any of your clothes have never been laundered, that's important to state too, because often clothes shrink appreciably upon being washed and dried!

Thanks for the reply Ada, that's encouraging. Funnily enough I made a couple of sales of clothes since I started this thread, so I guess this has worked out as a sneaky form of marketing, will have to remember that!

BTW, I'm likin' your avatar... What could be better than a nice looking girl with a cool glass of beer

All-About dawayesmeeth
    View dawayesmeeth's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Are my prices on clothes too high?

Thanks for sharing different things to us, These are very useful to the users who want to buy the second hand items. I saw your links, in this link there are many items are available, but all are old models only, there is no new trend fashion dresses. I need latest trend dresses only, so is there any dresses are available in your shop?

I have over 1800 items of clothing listed, and clothing is a slow mover. Agree totally with others about sizing, and if stated on the item I give all the options, at times it will just say '12', no US, UK, Albanian or anything. And sizes between manufacturers can also vary, so a Calvin Klein might be different from a DKNY of the same size, total madness. It would help everybody if a standard sizing structure was applied to all clothing.

One thing that eBid could do is provide a section where we could put size charts, a simple conversion chart for UK, US, EU would be a good start, but also with manufacturer sizes as well, as these frequently have additional information such as height, weight (especially childrens), chest measurements etc. It might help sales as many people have stated on this thread, they will not buy if they are not sure it will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHappinessRecords View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

As for a clothes dummy I will bear it in mind but it would be a bulky item to store, and clothes are not my main sales anyway.

The brand should be re-stated in all descriptions, I c+p the listing title into all descriptions.

Material is missing from a lot of descriptions I must admit, it is supposed to be in all but I have omitted it, will have to see if I can remedy this.

The general comments about the second-hand clothes market are appreciated, it is a buyer's market for sure.

I do prefer selling records, to be honest!
    I agree with you.

When I used to sell on TOS - I sold some average name brands like The Limited & Garage, nothing designer, yet, I measured the heck out of them, and had I stayed there, I would be selling BECAUSE, as stated, I recorded the exact garment measurements and made it a point to emphasize that so people would not think they were body measurements. I said they would have to measure themselves to see if they had enough ease or 'wiggle room' to fit. I had 2 repeat customers in my short stint over there.

I really don't want to sell clothing either. Most of all, I don't want it coming back.

Takes a lot of time and effort. Make sure your item is worth the bucks.

I only list a few things here - I am considering pulling them - I don't deal in designer stuff.

I've been here since September and sold 1 sewing pattern. Although, all our situations are different.

Best to you!

Thread Information