eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are my prices on clothes too high?

Question Are my prices on clothes too high?

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...wroom&sort=1-0

Any thoughts? I have a lot of clothes on at the moment but they're not really moving much.

cheers

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Prices look ok to me, but sadly nothing there that'll fit me. As clothes not moving, well mine seem to shift in batches: nothing for a couple of months and then several in one go. it's all very unpredictable

I've noticed this problem before with clothing for sale here. The sizes given are (I'm sure) U.K. standards. They are not the same as U.S. sizes, so I don't know which ones (if any) will fit me. I need the measurements before I will buy. This is true across the board, not just women's clothing, and it could be a big factor.

The prices look reasonable to me, if I spotted something I liked, that I was sure would fit.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just had a peek and first thing that struck me was that you don't display your goods on dummies.

They would show off your goods so much better! Your listings would look more professional and show your customers that you care about what you are doing.

Get your presentation right and then, your prices might then appear too low!

<Why are they selling that smart top so cheap?> <dunno! Maybe it's rubbish>

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I prefer to see measurements - more important than whether most things are on a dummy or not.......I KNOW how they will look on me!! lol. But, as you say, size matters!! I wear an 8-10-12 in US, and a 12-16 in UK,......sizes aren't comparable. T-shirts - S-M-L etc are pretty universal. Blouses, shirts, skirts, jeans - please...I wish all sellers would give measurements in inches. You have nice things, and prices look very good....no problem!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHappinessRecords View Post
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...wroom&sort=1-0

Any thoughts? I have a lot of clothes on at the moment but they're not really moving much.

cheers
    Hi DoubleH,
    it's hard to sell used clothing anywhere ... you practically have to give it away.
    For example ... would anyone want to pay almost £4.00 for an ordinary t'shirt ? (item 33417315) or £7.00 for a used Burton top? (Remember, buyer has to pay postal charges too!)
    You need to sell used designer and well known labelled clothes at reasonable prices, if you want quick sales. Sadly, the run of the mill stuff will linger in your shop until someone fancies what you have. Check out other selling/auction venues, mentioning no names, see what sellers are asking for their used items of clothing. Remember that many high street stores sell off their stuff at cheap prices.
    As HerMajesty says, always measure your items of clothing, and try and let your would-be buyers know what the sizes are in cm and inches.
    I am sometimes an 8, 10 or 12 .... all depends on the actual measurements of the garment, actual stated sizes vary soooo much!
    Also, quite a few folk wonder what material the garment is made from ... will it be machine- washable? Ironed?
    The more info you give, the better chance you have of a sale, and also, reducing the risk of some buyer wanting to return the goods coz it just don't fit!!!!
    Good Luck, and best wishes for many more sales in the future.
    XXX
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I prefer to see measurements - more important than whether most things are on a dummy or not.......I KNOW how they will look on me!! lol. But, as you say, size matters!! I wear an 8-10-12 in US, and a 12-16 in UK,......sizes aren't comparable. T-shirts - S-M-L etc are pretty universal. Blouses, shirts, skirts, jeans - please...I wish all sellers would give measurements in inches. You have nice things, and prices look very good....no problem!
    I agree 110% and lack of standardized sizing in women's clothing is a major PITA. IMHO, women's clothing should be sized like men's clothing, by ruler measurements, and not by abstract numbers as 4, 8, 10, 22, that don't mean a thing when it comes down to it.

One other thought, IMHO clothing is seasonal and most people seem to shop for items during the season they're most apt to wear them.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I've taken a quick browse through the gallery view and picked on a few items for a 'closer look' - I agree with a few of the other replies in that more info is needed in the item description

Perhaps the make of the item - Next, Burtons etc. I know that in most cases it is in the title, but reinforce it in the description.

Perhaps the USA equivalent in the sizing - it may help encourage overseas sales.

Perhaps provide the actual measurements of the garment when laid flat - nothing complicated - length, waist, hips, accross the bust - that sort of thing. I have found that sizes vary so much between makes. Giving the actual measurements makes it easier for any buyer to see if it will fit them, or not.

What is the garment made from? cotton, silk, linen, synthetic, wool, etc The label should give this info

Does it have any particular laundry requirements - hand wash, dry clean etc. The label should give this info

These are some of the things I look for when buying clothing online - used or new; and by providing the info upfront, you're eliminating the need for a buyer to ask the questions, and may catch the 'impulse' buyer.

I would imagine that clothing is a slow mover, unless you have something that really stands out. It probably is a case of having the right size, and colour combination for the right buyer. At least with eBid there's no relisting fees with seller+ and the only fee you'd pay would be when the item/s sell so if you've got the space I'd keep them listed until the right buyer comes along.

I hope the above helps.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Thanks for the comments.

As for a clothes dummy I will bear it in mind but it would be a bulky item to store, and clothes are not my main sales anyway.

The brand should be re-stated in all descriptions, I c+p the listing title into all descriptions.

Material is missing from a lot of descriptions I must admit, it is supposed to be in all but I have omitted it, will have to see if I can remedy this.

The general comments about the second-hand clothes market are appreciated, it is a buyer's market for sure.

I do prefer selling records, to be honest!

Thread Information