eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Selling Womens Plus Size Shirts, A Little Concerned:

Forum Newbie
    View Berrywine55's Feedback (+64)
    All-About Berrywine55
    View Berrywine55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Selling Womens Plus Size Shirts, A Little Concerned:

I've only joined Ebid a few days ago after taking a break selling on Ebay for about three years, then went back but wasn't ready for the shockwave that came. I used to sell mostly womens wallets on there at a small volume (less than 10 at a time) but usually sold every time I listed. However, most recently if I listed 5 or 6 wallets I was lucky to sell 1 wallet every 2nd or 3rd time I listed.

So I decided to change my niche since I like clothing, am plus size myself, shop usually for new with tags things to sell. On Ebay I was getting views but no bids so I fished around for another site and found Ebid. I think my auctions look decent (feel free to look), but just like on Ebay am getting views but no bids.

I know from reading the forum that there are quite a few like me that have retreated from Ebay and come here. However, and no disrespect to anyone, but I'm afraid of what happened on Ebay may be happening here and that's a whole lot of sellers versus not enough buyers. I'm selling a few other things besides clothing but decided to make my auctions mostly for clothes, make-up, and maybe some jewelry from time to time.

A few of my things I'm shipping other than Priority and have made the shipping rates pretty cheap on them. I state in auctions that I will combine shipping on Priority Mail items by discounting $2.00 after first purchase. I don't include the First Class in that because if I took $2.00 of their shipping it would be minus what I stated.

It's a shame what has happened to Ebay and I don't want to see that happen to Ebid. I'd like to make this my home but what I see on MyEbid when I check my seller status has me just a little concerned. Thanks for your input.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome aboard Berrywine!

There are umpteen threads around the forum to help get your sales up n running.

I can see that you are a seller+ , it is to your best advantage to get at least one "store" online.
    eBid is different to feebay in that your items will still be in the main search, but your store will "showcase" all your items together.
    Think of your store as an extra "free category"......means extra exposure for your items.

Add a signature to your forum profile.......most of us are just plain nosey lol
    Why not offer international shipping? It dosn't cost any extra!
    And lastly.....if you've got it......list it.....it's free!

Best of luck
    Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

With what you have listed you could separate them into a store for clothes, one for cds etc, one for collectables and one for cosmetics and that still leaves you a store for everything else that doesn't fit. It's worth doing it now with not so many items listed as revising is a pain! And do consider international selling. You may not actually do a lot of that, but it increases your visibility (I have to sign into the US site before I can see anything)

Forum Newbie
    View Berrywine55's Feedback (+64)
    All-About Berrywine55
    View Berrywine55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I will try making a store if it will help make my things more visible. Is there a tutorial or thread on here to teach how to make a store?

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

click on the help button (top right) on the left is a list of How To Videos. It's a fairly new thing, I haven't looked at them. But there may be something to help you along

All-About dawayesmeeth
    View dawayesmeeth's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Selling Womens Plus Size Shirts, A Little Concerned:

Good discussion, Thanks for sharing your suggestions and ideas to us. Now a days in market the women plus size dresses are available in less quantity. So for your dresses there is lot of craze will be exist if your dresses will be good in quality and cost also. So take care of your clothes. All the best.

Thread Information