Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is PPPay better than paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    If you are selling high value / high risk items then the Escrow feature may be useful.
    If they own both sites (registered at the same address) and can't even be bothered to update the logo following a high profile rebrand then I wouldn't trust them with anything - it's not like it happened yesterday...

(usual caveat of "IMO" of course)

Rock, Pop, Indie, Dance and more CDs

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ive had a few buyers pay me via pppay never had a problem. I think I prefer pppay to peepal. But until ebid gets more people then peepal will be everyones option.

When I first joined Ebid I looked at it, but there were quite a few complaints on the forums about them and I decided against it.
    I opted for Google checkout instead. I've sold about 500 items on here, but have only ever received about 10 Google payment and those have mostly been from the same person.

Google checkout is very much a UK/US thing. Although anyone from almost any country in the world can sign up to it, I think it's very little heard off outside UK/US.

The more popular option for Europe is Moneybookers and I would love to see that integrated on Ebid.

no its all craft stuff for £1 each so i don't think i need escrow.
    thanks for everyone advise!

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View nps137's Feedback (+87)
    All-About nps137
    View nps137's Listings
    Forum Posts

I joined it last night because I wanted to offer a PayPal alternative and give buyers the option of escrow. Thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt but I was not impressed.

They couldn't verify me because they were unable to debit the undisclosed amount from my card (nothing wrong with the card, they were able to verify its validity). Apparently they intended to keep this sum (v. dodgy in view of the fact that it could be any amount). Found this out from their FAQ where they claim this is clearly stated when you put in your card details (it is NOT).

Also, the terms and conditions that you must tick agreement to when you sign up are freely editable by the user (I deleted them completely). This made me laugh but none of the above inspires confidence. They can't even get HTML email right (poorly encoded and turns up as plain text containing all the desired HTML formatting as text- very hard to read)
    NPS

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like other have said it's ok if your a member already but I have had several new buyers tried to pay by it and then wonder why they don't get the goods when they think they have paid but haven't verified by the penny check.
    I now only use it if asked by any one who already has it.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Forum Newbie
    Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View DJSRETAIL's Feedback (+240)
    All-About DJSRETAIL
    View DJSRETAIL's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good thread, Thanks guys, just the advice I was looking for :-)

http://slendertone-system-abs.ebid.net

View knitandpurl's Feedback (+58)
    All-About knitandpurl
    View knitandpurl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, had too many problems with them

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Craft4aquid View Post
    Hi have just joined a couple of days ago and was wondering what the differences are between the two..unlil i joined ebid i never heard of pppay! what are the fees like?
    I don't sell a great deal on ebid but strangely I have sold 3 separate item in the last week, the big surprise upon asking the buyers was that all 3 were re-directed via Google which is excellent.
    All 3 were completely new members to Ebid and all 3 joined PPPay and made payment by that method without as much as a glitch so I really do not know what all the fuss is about.

I have been with PPPay since I started here and have had 3 transactions without any problem whatsoever, beauty of it is that it is FREE to send and receive money between PPPay members, I love it. I have just stopped accepting Paypal here I am so sickened by them and their petty bureaucracy. I also accept moneybookers which I find better than Paypal.

Would I recommend PPPay - Yes Most Definitely !
    Last edited by bidnwin; 19th June 2010 at 10:53 PM.

I wouldnt go back to PPPay if they paid me.

I had huge trouble with them a while back - even had trouble closing my a/c down.

Cant recommend them to anyone

Thread Information