Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 397980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Default Re: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Quote Originally Posted by hondatwin View Post
    New user , tempted today by the published ability to upload Ebay listings, but not impressed with the outdated information in this "Stickey" .. It says I need to use TurboLister , but Turbo lister 2 ( was the latest) and even that was discontinued in June 2016 ..I have Turbo Lister 2 so I assumed I coud use that.. TL2 seems to have also removed the functionality to export anything except closed listings, so not a lot of use... What have Ebid got in place now to help sellers automate ( even in part) or move their ebay listings .. ?
    Is anyone going to answer HondaTwin? Ebay states "We are no longer offering downloads of Turbo Lister. Everything you need will soon be available in Seller Hub."

Even if TL were still available, it would be a useless method of import for all except Windows users.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Is anyone going to answer HondaTwin? Ebay states "We are no longer offering downloads of Turbo Lister. Everything you need will soon be available in Seller Hub."

Even if TL were still available, it would be a useless method of import for all except Windows users.
    I did respond to one of these queries (can't respond to all who don't look to see if the topic has already been asked and answered), in that eBid are slated to release a new import system that does not require Turbo Lister (or Ninja Lister - I believe) to directly import from other sites. No date given for release though.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you're a high volume seller on eBay use the File Exchange tool, businesses only as far as I understand. This allows you to download in csv format which can then be uploaded to NL.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I did respond to one of these queries (can't respond to all who don't look to see if the topic has already been asked and answered), in that eBid are slated to release a new import system that does not require Turbo Lister (or Ninja Lister - I believe) to directly import from other sites. No date given for release though.
    Probably be released as 'quickly' as Ninja Lister was released?

What's needed is first a public API so that other developers can compete to create tools for a wide variety of platforms.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

What's needed is first a public API so that other developers can compete to create tools for a wide variety of platforms.
    Is this what you mean? http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...&highlight=api

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

As Hurry indicates, the API has been available for a fair amount of time.

Given the clamour for it I have seen very little indication that anyone is making use of it. Those that have would seem to be making apps for their own particular needs or are not offering (free/shareware/paid) more general use apps to others.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Turbo Lister is available from http://download.ebay.com/turbo_liste...terInstall.htm

It has a shelf life of June 2017 currently.

Hope this helps everyone.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Edit:
    Ignore what is stated below. I've just downloaded TL from Gazza's link and it works fine.

From the Seller Tools section on eBay Gazza.

Turbo Lister is no longer available for download. If you already use Turbo Lister, you can continue to do so until June 2017.
    After this date, you will no longer be able to upload or synchronise any listings on eBay using Turbo Lister. To avoid any impact on your business, we highly recommend you to migrate your current and archived listings to another listing tool at your earliest convenience.
    Seller Hub offers you an improved experience and better tools to grow your business on eBay. While we are confident that Seller Hub will meet the needs of most users, you might also consider migrating to a third party listing tool for specific needs (e.g. working offline and unlimited archiving).
    Kind regards,
    The eBay Team
    Last edited by Gill; 18th November 2016 at 06:56 PM.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Wow! Is my face covered in egg? It sure is!

I got so used to banging on about the evil of releasing a listing tool (at the time, horribly bug ridden by all accounts) without open source and no published API, rather than giving people a chance to review and contribute to the design of an API as the first step of the project... well, I guess I never noticed when it changed. Not much of an excuse -- I should pay more attention.

Well, I'm unlikely to develop a tool for others at this stage, and my own listings aren't sufficient to justify my making something experimental yet. But I'd like to, some day. I hope I don't have a memory lapse. If I do, give me a good kicking!

Forum Newbie
    All-About wakspiddlevak
    View wakspiddlevak's Listings
    Forum Posts

You should probably take down the information from your website stating that you're able to import ebay listings since it isn't true. I wouldn't of signed up if I had known.

Certainly hope the fee I paid for seller+ is refunded as well.
    Thanks!

Thread Information