Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

I just opened NL and got the version checker to change from 1.04 to 2.01. On clicking the update button I get this

Name:  nl.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  22.7 KB

edit: You need to put an 'update later' button into NL as until this problem has been solved I'm unable to use it.
    Last edited by Gill; 26th February 2016 at 09:14 PM.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

I've updated to 2.02 but on upload to eBid it is dropping the images from the listings. I'm sure someone is working on it.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ffiproductsinc View Post
    I've updated to 2.02 but on upload to eBid it is dropping the images from the listings. I'm sure someone is working on it.

How can you update to v2.02 when it's only v2.01 available?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Within the Bulk Upload section of the account. Says the following:
    1) Download eBid Ninja Lister v2.02 here

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Within the Bulk Upload section of the account. Says the following:
    1) Download eBid Ninja Lister v2.02 here
    When a member opens NL they, or at least I, don't expect to have to go to the Bulk Upload to replace versions. I wouldn't go to Bulk upload until after I had uploaded from NL.
    You obviously work for eBid.

It might be a good idea to get the NL version checker to coincide with the site FIRST rather than relying on members to check the bulk upload section for new versions first.

I've now gone from v1.04 to 2.02 (wow, what a jump in versions) so I will attempt to use it.

EDIT - any chance of the 'update later' button?

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When a member opens NL they, or at least I, don't expect to have to go to the Bulk Upload to replace versions. I wouldn't go to Bulk upload until after I had uploaded from NL.

It might be a good idea to get the NL version checker to coincide with the site FIRST rather than relying on members to check the bulk upload section for new versions first.

I've now gone from v1.04 to 2.02 (wow, what a jump in versions) so I will attempt to use it.
    heh, nope, don't work for eBid. And I did the update within the software on start-up of Ninja. It updated to 2.0. I did an upload but found that the images had been dropped from the listings. I pull images from my server, not from the desktop. They contain a URL to pull from and so far have worked with past uploads. I checked online with my account and the version had jumped to 2.02. I figured that they had experienced the problem of images so I updated to the latest version. Still no luck with the images. I am sure there will be an update to 2.03 or so to fix this.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

heh, nope, don't work for eBid. And I did the update within the software on start-up of Ninja. It updated to 2.0. I did an upload but found that the images had been dropped from the listings. I pull images from my server, not from the desktop. They contain a URL to pull from and so far have worked with past uploads. I checked online with my account and the version had jumped to 2.02. I figured that they had experienced the problem of images so I updated to the latest version. Still no luck with the images. I am sure there will be an update to 2.03 or so to fix this.

So you have your own server?

So you have your own server?
    Yes, have run several websites over the last 20 years. Use to have an auction site and an online boutique but found with places like eBid coming online, it was easier to use their services. Saves on updating scripts, hackers and so on. Still retain the servers for consulting work, programming and most important, hosting of images for listings.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, have run several websites over the last 20 years. Use to have an auction site and an online boutique but found with places like eBid coming online, it was easier to use their services. Saves on updating scripts, hackers and so on. Still retain the servers for consulting work, programming and most important, hosting of images for listings.

With the utmost respect I don't see how your replies can help members who use Ninja Lister. Only 2 members come to mind that have their own website and as for updating the software on start-up of NL it's non-existent for the majority of users.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

EDIT - any chance of the 'update later' button?
    Only eBid can give me an answer to this.

Thread Information