eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Forum Newbie
    View Addywack's Feedback (+257)
    All-About Addywack
    View Addywack's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default File attachment for the attn. of Gazza.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Are you talking about your own eBid Store categories or just standard eBid categories?

Feel free to forward to our support team (FAO Gazza) your data file from the NinjaLister folder in your home directory and give us details of the problematic auctions that you added to GTG and would not upload.

Thx.
    Hi Gazza,

Yes, it is the standard ebid catagories.

I've attached the file I think you mean and a Screen shot of the folder it's in, let me know if I've got the wrong one, could you also let me know if I need to keep all the files wich are suddenly accumulating in this folder.

THX.
    Last edited by gazza; 14th April 2010 at 03:09 PM.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thx, will check them out.
    Removed the files.
    G.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    View Addywack's Feedback (+257)
    All-About Addywack
    View Addywack's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thx, will check them out.
    Removed the files.
    G.
    Thx, will do.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default NL stops importing if tab character found in description field.

Since the launch of the NL I have been unable to import into it listings exported from eBid. While the exported file looks fine - on import into NL most listings descriptions are truncated.

I have chased this around for a while now and think I have at last found the cause of the problem. If the description contains tab characters (0x09) then the import of the description stops as soon as the first tab character is reached.

While a tab character is perfectly valid inside the description field on eBid and in the export file the NL is viewing one as the end of the description field and does not process it any further.

Files available if required.

Default Only 1 photo uploads

I just noticed that only one photo shows in my stores on auctions where I have uploaded 2, yet both photos show in my gallery. Is there a super secret trick to getting both to show up?

Also, it seems that if auctions don't upload due to errors in the shipping section of NL, it still uploads the photos to my gallery. I have lots of copies of some items to erase. Not a major problem, but if it is happening to everybody it could be a problem for you further down the line.
    Last edited by mystuff2u; 16th April 2010 at 04:41 AM. Reason: add more photo info

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Since the launch of the NL I have been unable to import into it listings exported from eBid. While the exported file looks fine - on import into NL most listings descriptions are truncated.

I have chased this around for a while now and think I have at last found the cause of the problem. If the description contains tab characters (0x09) then the import of the description stops as soon as the first tab character is reached.

While a tab character is perfectly valid inside the description field on eBid and in the export file the NL is viewing one as the end of the description field and does not process it any further.

Files available if required.
    The stalling on import when TABs are in descriptions should now be fixed. But the description field is still not correct, we are fixing this today.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mystuff2u View Post
    I just noticed that only one photo shows in my stores on auctions where I have uploaded 2, yet both photos show in my gallery. Is there a super secret trick to getting both to show up?

Also, it seems that if auctions don't upload due to errors in the shipping section of NL, it still uploads the photos to my gallery. I have lots of copies of some items to erase. Not a major problem, but if it is happening to everybody it could be a problem for you further down the line.
    Please leave details when reporting a problem, it saves us replying with a response like this and will save hours in finding a fix.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net

My apologies, I certainly didn't intend to waste your time. I don't know what other details you might want. If noone else is having the problem, it must be on my end. Thank-you.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

The stalling on import when TABs are in descriptions should now be fixed. But the description field is still not correct, we are fixing this today.
    Looks good. Just tried a fresh export and import. All seems OK and no corruption of the intended layout.

Thanx.

Ok, I am going to try this again with some more information. I uploaded some auctions via NL and on this particular auction 27176869 there are supposed to be 2 pictures, both pictures uploaded to my gallery, yet only 1 shows up. Here are a couple others 27177049, 27177055. My NL version is 97.6, using Firefox 3.6.3 and Windows XP. If this still isn't the info you need, then I give up . Thank-you

Thread Information