eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899 LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Default Re: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I believe they are eBay item attributes that are copied to the end of the eBid listing when there is no place for them in the eBid structure.

I think it was introduced when eBid didn't handle item attributes at all and users wanted a way to display them, so they were added en bloc to the description on import. I don't know if now eBid does have item attributes in some categories those that make 'sense' to eBid set the relevant ones on eBid and only those that it can't match get added to the description.
    Hmmm, looks rather naff though, don't you reckon?

Of course, if there was a facility for a private note to be attached to a listing (and displayed to the owner when showing the My Ebid Listings Running/Ended display), that would be a perfect place for such detritus, wouldn't it?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Ninja Lister version 2.13 starts up with a version checker message:
    "Your version 2.13 Latest version 2.15 Click the UPDATE button to close Ninja Lister. Your browser will then open at the My eBid > My..."

It closes, but the browser doesn't start.

Where are NL fault reports to be filed? I doubt anybody pays attention to a thread that's 24 pages long.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

https://www.ebid.net/uk/help/selling-on-ebid#faq-47

47) Can I import listings from other Marketplaces?

Please refer to our Forum thread Ninja Lister importing listings for further information on this topic.
    This CANNOT be serious, if it's referring to this thread. 24 pages long? Is anyone going to wade through all of that?

Why on earth isn't there a sensible answer to this within the FAQ itself?

[stop press] Ninja Lister 2.15 has a Help Menu, the sole entry of which (apart from an 'about' box) is 'Help Forum'. And that leads to this same 24 page thread.

See https://xkcd.com/2021/ for insight into how this stuff is being slung together.
    Last edited by johnwash1; 1st September 2018 at 09:03 PM. Reason: NL Help menu

I have 188 auctions in my 'good to go' bucket. All of them have several photos, but none are large files (I take photos around 2000 x 1500 pixels, well under a megabyte). Yet I'm getting a rather vague error message saying something is too large and offering to 'optimize' my photos.

What are the limits with NL? If it can't let users migrate less than 200 auctions, surely it's not fit for purpose?

Forum Newbie
    All-About FieryCollectibles
    View FieryCollectibles's Listings
    Forum Posts

I downloaded the Ninja lister and adobe air today. My computer is telling me they can't find a program to run the ninja lister. I even paid the $6.99 for the store for a month to try it out. I only purchased that for the ninja lister so i could sync my ebay listings to ebid. What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by FieryCollectibles View Post
    I downloaded the Ninja lister and adobe air today. My computer is telling me they can't find a program to run the ninja lister. I even paid the $6.99 for the store for a month to try it out. I only purchased that for the ninja lister so i could sync my ebay listings to ebid. What can I do?
    You need to give the exact error message. A screenshot would be good. And which version of Windows (or other O/S that you're running).

Forum Newbie
    All-About CascadiaOutlet
    View CascadiaOutlet's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ditto and agreed.... having the same issues here as well.. wading through pages and pages of forum posts to find the answer. I am sure there is a better way.....

Forum Newbie
    All-About CascadiaOutlet
    View CascadiaOutlet's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    I could use some help. I have been trying for weeks now literally to get a sheet accepted.

I am using both Woo commerce and Libre Office to generate (tab).txt and (tab).tsv... In fact a developer was kind enough to add the (tab).tsv export feature to his plug-in as a feature request.

I have tried up uploading (tab).txt and (tab).tsv to Ninja Lister and bulk upload. Ninja will read it, but not import. Bulk Upload rejects it with the same obscure error message:

File type not recognised or your column layout is incorrect. Please upload in TAB delimited format. Make sure your file has a .txt extension. Make sure you have entered ##end## into the last column of each row of your data, see the eBid Spreadsheet for full instructions.

Parsing the message...

1. (tab) .txt / (tab).tsv = yes
    2. ##end## is present in both header field = yes
    3. Used eBid.xls download example and entered headers EXACTLY = yes

So what is the secret sauce?

Also....would it matter the headers fields in the download ebid.xls file are different than in Ninja Lister?

Best Regards

Edit to add:

Error message - "Make sure you have entered ##end## into the last column of each row of your data, see the eBid Spreadsheet for full instructions."

Could it be possible that the two "ENDS" in the column headers are causing a problem?

There is End (aution)...and also END (##end##)....could the sheet be getting rejected because the first "End" is being read as the close... when it's not?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CascadiaOutlet; 11th November 2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: More info/qustion

Forum Newbie
    Ramsbottom, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    All-About PeelPumps
    View PeelPumps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello,
    we are electricians who sell and install Borehole Pumps, we've found a solution to the damaged file issue. We hope this can help everyone

Try to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0
    right click on "Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe" and click on "Run as administrator" then find and open the NinjaInstaller .AIR file
    (if this first attempt was not positive, please keep holding Ctrl button while doing this procedure)

If this doesn't work it has to be identified the type of problem.
    After you try to install file, please head to these folders and open the log file:
    Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\AIR\logs\Install.log
    Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 and 10: C:\Users\<username>Appdata\Local\Adobe\AIR\logs\In stall.log

Here you can find in the last row the problem.
    Most cases is due to digital signature problem in the ninja file: you can solve moving the system date prior to 30 October 2017 or to actual date or (better).

If you need, feel free to contact leo@peelpumps.co.uk
    Wish you a nice day

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PeelPumps View Post
    Hello,
    we are electricians who sell and install Borehole Pumps, we've found a solution to the damaged file issue. We hope this can help everyone

Try to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0
    right click on "Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe" and click on "Run as administrator" then find and open the NinjaInstaller .AIR file
    (if this first attempt was not positive, please keep holding Ctrl button while doing this procedure)

If this doesn't work it has to be identified the type of problem.
    After you try to install file, please head to these folders and open the log file:
    Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\AIR\logs\Install.log
    Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 and 10: C:\Users\<username>Appdata\Local\Adobe\AIR\logs\In stall.log

Here you can find in the last row the problem.
    Most cases is due to digital signature problem in the ninja file: you can solve moving the system date prior to 30 October 2017 or to actual date or (better).

If you need, feel free to contact leo@peelpumps.co.uk
    Wish you a nice day
    I use NL and as far as I am aware there isn't a damaged file problem.

I would also advise any members reading this thread to avoid doing as the OP states.

Hopefully Gazza will advise if anything needs to be done.

I am up to date with the latest Air and NL versions.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Thread Information