Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: OEM Software

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: OEM Software

CornerstoneCom
    I notice a lot of Windows 7 with the Yellow Ingram Micro Sticker on it. This is a BIG give away. It`s fake, it has an MSDN key that`ll be blocked after a few months.
    I think this is why Cornerstone was wanting to see an updated photo of the software, perhaps with the seller holding the package.

If a buyer felt a bit uneasy and wanted more images from me, I would gladly supply them. No big deal.

First of all, let me clear one thing here. Graphskill mentions the fact that I have sold two keys on here. At the time, I was buying them from China and had finished my courses in Computer Repair. I noticed plenty of other webstores that were selling them. So, I thought, it must be okay I`ll do so myself. When I had a knock at my door from a representative from the Legal and Corporate department in Reading, I was oblivious. I shook his hand and was surprised that he would call on my fledgling computer repair business. I had just taken a delivery of Windows 7 Retail boxes from `Ingram Micro`. (The REAL Ingram Micro - not the chinese counterfeit) and he asked to see what I had in stock. I showed them to him, and he said these were fine, but the keys I was selling were not, that they were MSDN and not meant for general public.

My jaw dropped, and I had to shut down my whole business there with him at my house. A few phone calls and I was out of business. But this rep, was very helpful and very sympathetic, he explained all about OEM rules, the different version of the serial keys and of course what to look out for with non-genuine software. I also had umpteen leaflets and booklets which were given out to people like me who broke the rules, intentionally or not.

I have explained this somewhere else on the forums I think, but this is the long version. I never intended to fleece anyone of their money, from my website, I had my address and my name and telephone number as well as my email; as contact. People would phone me and I would help them with their purchase. If I knew I was doing something illegal I would not have done that, this is why the representative was lenient with me. I swore then that I would never do anything like this again. I walked away from that one, with a fine of a few thousand pounds, and after a while all the refund requests were coming in from people whos keys had been blocked.

I gave them all their money back, one by one. I am now still thousands in debt, trying to claw my way back from the hole I dug for myself. From then on, I made sure that I would help Microsoft fight their cause against piracy so that know one would get ripped off and try to help those who might end up worse than me for selling pirated operating systems.

So there you go. I apologized, I`m very sorry. I have neither been rude to this seller, or have had the ump, if I used a strong word like harass, it was because my vocabulary couldn`t find a softer toned one. It may be that this seller is selling a genuine product, but there is no need to be so `evasive` of the questions I was asking.

And to answer this question : In fact I could ask how we know your products are genuine? Because it is a nice clear photo?

It is very unlikely that my products were not genuine. I have over 75 products for sale, neither are they fake. If they were I would not be selling them on ebid. I would be selling them at my local car boot sale like Del Boy. I use internet photos because I do not hold that much stock from my house. I simply deliver the product direct from my suppliers to the customer. This is why I do not use Paypal for payments, because they do not allow drop shippers to use their services.. (so I was told by a paypal representative.) Some stock I do have at home for delivery, these are things like memory and flash drives, etc which I can offer cheaper postage on.

You will also notice that my prices are `very` competitive, this is because I have day job, and I do not mind makeing 1 or 2% profit on each item I sell.

If I have broken a few rules in the past (this being a very long time ago). I`m sorry, what would you have me do? Leave these sellers sell their rubbish cheaper than I can get them from the wholesalers.... If I did that, I could not sell my `genuine` retail software at the prices that they are meant to be. You know I lost thousands of pounds to those Chinese sellers, and I was `naive` and stupid thinking that it was okay. The site was a reputable site, much like Fleebay. The people who bought from me had their money back, I did not, and my family is paying for it.

God Bless everyone and I pray that you would go easy on me, as I intend to oust other sellers who try to evade a reasonable question of authenticity on Windows Operating Systems. If this was Fleebay, the listing would be removed anyway if there was not a proper photo. Its just a question of reporting it for that reason, its just that I have not reported this seller.

Forum Newbie
    All-About caruncles
    View caruncles's Listings
    Forum Posts

A year ago this month I purchased 10 license keys for MS OFFICE 2010 PRO for my company from softonlinedealstore.com. I installed 6 licenses right away and saved the other 4 for future deployment on new computers. 3-4 months ago I tried to activate one (eventually all) of the remaining 4 licenses and none of them would activate. I should have been leary by the fact that they could only be activated by phone, but up to that point, and so far as of today, the first 6 activations are working fine.
    I said all that because I'm looking on eBid at listing 104122905. It looks too good to be true (again). I'm wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on this.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caruncles View Post
    I said all that because I'm looking on eBid at listing 104122905. It looks too good to be true (again). I'm wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on this.
    Don't know whether it's too good to be true or not but his answer to your question shows that it's in violation of eBid rules.

"......digitally delivered software (delivered via email or other electronic means) are prohibited"

All-About 8bitmachine
    View 8bitmachine's Listings
    Forum Posts

sorry to bump old thread but this looks like the thread Im looking for, rather that open a new one. All these stuff that you can't resell software is for used? Example if I bought like 10 software and resell it here as new, with all the proof, pictures etc, still this can't be done?

All-About 8bitmachine
    View 8bitmachine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitmachine View Post
    sorry to bump old thread but this looks like the thread Im looking for, rather that open a new one. All these stuff that you can't resell software is for used? Example if I bought like 10 software and resell it here as new, with all the proof, pictures etc, still this can't be done?
    anyone?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

contact support@ebid.net and explain exactly what you have available and how you will be delivering and if it is ok to sell on here.

Thread Information