Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OEM Software

Default Re: OEM Software

With regards to selling Operating Systems from Microsoft or Apple, or any expensive software. Should we not have a rule whereby the seller must post a photo of the actual product instead of an internet picture? This way it is easier to make an informed decision as to wether the product is genuine or not.

I have just had a reply from a seller stating that they are too busy to post a proper photo. While this may be the case, and a genuine answer, it would not help the sale of the item as there are way too many counterfeit products which show a similar picture (albeit a little cheaper). Would this not help the seller to sell the item, as well as the buyer to buy?

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Personally as a buyer, I like to see a photo of the actual item rather than a stock item. As a seller, I do not list things until I have had the time to photograph the item myself. It may not be the same fanciness as an internet picture, but at least it is a photo of the actual thing being listed.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    Personally as a buyer, I like to see a photo of the actual item rather than a stock item. As a seller, I do not list things until I have had the time to photograph the item myself. It may not be the same fanciness as an internet picture, but at least it is a photo of the actual thing being listed.
    I am the same.

http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/windows-...9601.htm#qanda

Take a look at this listing, and then read the questions I asked the seller. I did not expect an answer like this. How is anyone supposed to make an informed decision on buying this product.

While my listings do have stock internet pictures, I am a genuine seller of the shown products. And they are all brand new, sealed and come straight from distributors/wholesalers. However, I do feel that when selling expensive software products, a picture of the actual product should be shown.

This seller, states that what if he uses a proper photo from the internet, perhaps from Fleebay. I might buy one and it`ll still turn out to be dodgy, but at least there is a photo. What comes after is entirely up to the authorities.

Showing a proper photo is both helpful for the seller, in order to sell the product; and for the buyer, to make a purchase based on that.

Giving this sellers response to my questions, I am still not convinced that the product is genuine.
    Last edited by CornerstoneCom; 14th September 2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Forgot the listing link

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

What a rude response to your question!!! Another one added to my BB list......thanks!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    What a rude response to your question!!! Another one added to my BB list......thanks!
    What does BB stand for?

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Blimey! I have to say I am not at all impressed by that persons attitude. In thier shoes I would quite happily supply a photo of the item - even if it wasnt a marvellous picture. Even more offputting they have added "No silly questions"... Erm, personally as a seller, I welcome questions. Someone messages you, you reply (nicely), and they may be more likely to buy from you seeing that you are active and polite.

Forum Lurker
    View graphskill's Feedback (+39)
    All-About graphskill
    View graphskill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Purely playing the devils advocate here. I can see where he is coming form (not the tone of his comments, just the content)

It is very easy to take your own photo against a white background then use something like photoshop or Gimp to adjust the levels so that the background disappears. if he did this how would yo know if it was a photo of his product or one taken from elsewhere? It would be impossible to tell and what more information would it give you?

I suppose my point (and kind of what he was getting at) is what would be the point of an actual photo - FOR THIS ITEM? Yes, actual photo of an antique lamp, or a self made greetings card or a second hand book. But this is a disk with software on it. Unless the purchaser is hoping to buy it and then sell it on which would be harder if the box was damaged

We have thousands of items. Sometimes I use stock photos, sometimes take our own, sometimes jsut drawings. But all that is fine because they are nuts & bolts etc - and they all pretty much look the same. it is the measurements that are important

I am setting up an online shop for a customer at the moment to sell norwegian knitted jumpers. They are going to use stock photos

So, it is all about context, that particular seller is simply asking (in a rude way) what is the point of a real photo in this item if the one he takes looks exactly the same?

Its purely for authentication purposes. To make an informed decision on wether the software is genuine or not. It is easier to do that with a proper photo. If it still turns out to be pirated, then the seller is in more trouble that if it was removed due to the photo `proving` that it is pirate.

He`s harassing me with questions on my product now...

http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/amd-semp...1326.htm#qanda

Forum Lurker
    View graphskill's Feedback (+39)
    All-About graphskill
    View graphskill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry, but that does not look like harassment. (Look at it as if it were someone you did not know) it is a simple and relevant question, and he gives abit of advice also. Have you two got previous? He seems to know a lot about your history (keys)

I think this is all a bit handbags at dawn. To be nit picky, your original question to him was quite accusatory "If you have this, and it is genuine can we please have a photo?" If you asked that of me it would certainly get my back up. He is quite right to point out that a photo will not prove it is genuine. In fact I could ask how we know your products are genuine? Because it is a nice clear photo?

Sorry, I am not picking sides, take a step back and review and you will see you are falling out over nothing

If this was me, and I was suspicious about the auction - I would not have asked a question, just moved on to another seller where I felt more comfortable

After all, and at the end of the day, buyer beware

Thread Information