Thread: OEM Software

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: OEM Software

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Cornerstone
    1 I think you should remove that link to your website - thats not allowed!
    2 I think you should watch your language
    3 Ebid does not sell much computer sofwtare so how can they be making more money off pirates ?
    4 Your website has a very low Alexa rating, so it can't be doing very well either ?
    I see you have repeated his swearing and illegal link to his website by quoting his post
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Live Free And Fly High, New Mexico, United States
    View CrazyJays's Feedback (+106)
    All-About CrazyJays
    View CrazyJays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    I see you have repeated his swearing and illegal link to his website by quoting his post
    lol i think tony got you on that 1

Jason

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: OEM Software

Its a really gray area.
    If you are a legitimate dealer, then I hope you can get it sorted.

I would like to buy a legit copy of Office 2010 Professional as I am stuck on 2004.
    Its about $900 in the retail shops here in NZ.
    Then I see it on auction sites for $99 with a disk and key?
    So I don't see how that can be done legally.
    ''babe'''...she need ''legal''...computer software...heh...better for you to buy and pay for original stuff in legal stores and get for that much money real stuff which you can use for next a 100 years...BUT like I say many times many other don't care and play ''risky'' game and guess what ? we have new winner and this time is our ''neighbour'' and same story all over...heheheheh...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Ot...#ixzz1GmLMJCWs

Its a really gray area.
    If you are a legitimate dealer, then I hope you can get it sorted.

I would like to buy a legit copy of Office 2010 Professional as I am stuck on 2004.
    Its about $900 in the retail shops here in NZ.
    Then I see it on auction sites for $99 with a disk and key?
    So I don't see how that can be done legally.

any software like that , which is new and with key , is a fake copy with stolen key. You can use those keys a million times go to torrent sites and you will see all that software posted to download free , its a big problem for software companies and every time someone buys illegal software they are supporting criminal organizations including a lot of asian and russian mafias and all the way to al qaeda. Those are the kind of groups who usually are in the business of selling and distribution of pirated software.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Re: OEM Software

Why do people buy Fake branded name items…? And many know if is very cheap is it a fake…
    I always thinking too maybe it’s purely for the label. Most people can't afford,
    So they resort to buying the knockoffs so they can be in fashion without spending the money…some people will do anything to be accepted…
    But for software is very different story…fake software can harm your computer and your personal information on it…and funny things is ''YOU'' are paying for that…heheh…

Forum Newbie
    All-About Mystk
    View Mystk's Listings
    Forum Posts

OEM

OEM stands for Original equipment Manufacturer.

It means they make the bits that go into a computer.

OEM software usually means software that came with the machine, without all the original disks and manuals etc.

And my Dad used to sell computers in the 1980s and 1990's and software is not sold - its licenced. And that means only the original purchaser can use it.
    If you sell the computer, legally, you have to remove all the software.

Its a silly rule. But that is the rule.
    What they don't want is 2 people using the software.
    I just wanted to add to this. (Hopefully you won't mind)

OEM products are to be bundled because they come with no support. The hardware company that sold you the product is responsible for support of the oem product. Hence why it usually is missing manuals etc. (As your supposed to know what your doing)

OEM software is usually bought in bulk, and offered discount by the publisher for not needing support, manuals etc. It is not meant to be sold to the public because it undercuts the retail version and hurts retailers.

I don't mind using non OEM programs if they work, and in fact, have some on my computer and absolutely no problems. I don't see wasting my hard-earned money for an OEM program if the other one works just the same, and costs less, or is free. Oh yes, I do understand that doesn't sound like music to the ears of those selling OEM stuff, but this is the cost of doing business. This is your competition.

Forum Newbie
    Mexborough, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View AndysUKSoftware's Feedback (-1)
    All-About AndysUKSoftware
    View AndysUKSoftware's Listings
    Forum Posts

To sell OEM Software is not allowed.

I used to deal with software, hence the name, but OEM software is not allowed to be sold, However, i believe you can get around selling oem software If you sell the software you bought the item with. For example, if you buy a laptop that comes with a oem windows 7 ultimate, you can sell that windows 7 with the laptop. It is not allowed to seperate the 2, but to sell them as one appears to be fine.

Since being away from Ebid for a long while, I read with interest this thread. I think I may have got off on the wrong foot all that time ago, in frustration at the lack of sales I was getting. I think I may have said a few things that got up the nose of the admin, or the staff or whatever. But I would like to apologize for my use of words with regards to that.

So to all concerned, I`m sorry.

I don`t want to open up a can of worms, but I have in the past reported `chinese` copies of Windows 7 and they have been removed within a day or two. If the same seller keeps selling them, then he/she should be banned, same as on Fleebay. I notice a lot of Windows 7 with the Yellow Ingram Micro Sticker on it. This is a BIG give away. It`s fake, it has an MSDN key that`ll be blocked after a few months. I learned the hard way, I used to sell the keys themselves, thinking that it was okay to do so. I didn`t know any better at the time. So I got fined by Microsoft and lost thousands to the Chinese crooks on `that` trade site in China.

The up side to that, is I have had direct links to the legal department in Reading, and the staff there have helped me big time. I now understand the rules behind OEM software, the licencing etc, etc. I have been allowed to Register as a Partner and have also had access to the Refurbisher Program even though I ripped off their software. Microsoft have been very kind to me.

The reason I think OEM software is not allowed on ebid is because there is no support from the makers of the program concerned. Support has to come from the seller/builder. Seeing as the seller is on an auction site, but then leaves the site, then the buyer cannot trace the seller for support.

OEM software isn`t allowed on Fleebay, but you still see it rampant because no-body bothers reporting them anymore. There are American Education Office software sold on there which isn`t supposed to be sold over in the UK, but it happens, and the sellers concerned have gotten away with it for years.

As Ebid gets more known, with more sellers and more listings being posted everyday, it`ll get harder and harder for them to police it themselves. This is why it is important to have a trusting community of people who care for the rules and report listings responsibly. The problem now though with Fleebay is that there are sellers reporting other sellers who have the same `legit` items as a way of taking there listings down because they are too cheap and are stealing their business. Fleebay remove the listing automatically without even looking at the listing properly.

The fact is, Microsoft don`t have a problem with sellers selling OEM software without hardware, as long as you state categorically that it is for use with a new computer in the listing. As soon as I got Microsoft to send me an email with this on and forwarded to Fleebay, my listings got put back on, only to be removed a couple of days later for breaching OEM software listings rules; after being reported by some software organisation in America.

Respect to all on Ebid. And again, please accept my apologies if I was off-hand all those months ago. I didn`t really read the terms and conditions properly, and I should have before I went on a rant.

All the best.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CornerstoneCom View Post
    Since being away from Ebid for a long while, I read with interest this thread. I think I may have got off on the wrong foot all that time ago, in frustration at the lack of sales I was getting. I think I may have said a few things that got up the nose of the admin, or the staff or whatever. But I would like to apologize for my use of words with regards to that.

So to all concerned, I`m sorry.

I don`t want to open up a can of worms, but I have in the past reported `chinese` copies of Windows 7 and they have been removed within a day or two. If the same seller keeps selling them, then he/she should be banned, same as on Fleebay. I notice a lot of Windows 7 with the Yellow Ingram Micro Sticker on it. This is a BIG give away. It`s fake, it has an MSDN key that`ll be blocked after a few months. I learned the hard way, I used to sell the keys themselves, thinking that it was okay to do so. I didn`t know any better at the time. So I got fined by Microsoft and lost thousands to the Chinese crooks on `that` trade site in China.

The up side to that, is I have had direct links to the legal department in Reading, and the staff there have helped me big time. I now understand the rules behind OEM software, the licencing etc, etc. I have been allowed to Register as a Partner and have also had access to the Refurbisher Program even though I ripped off their software. Microsoft have been very kind to me.

The reason I think OEM software is not allowed on ebid is because there is no support from the makers of the program concerned. Support has to come from the seller/builder. Seeing as the seller is on an auction site, but then leaves the site, then the buyer cannot trace the seller for support.

OEM software isn`t allowed on Fleebay, but you still see it rampant because no-body bothers reporting them anymore. There are American Education Office software sold on there which isn`t supposed to be sold over in the UK, but it happens, and the sellers concerned have gotten away with it for years.

As Ebid gets more known, with more sellers and more listings being posted everyday, it`ll get harder and harder for them to police it themselves. This is why it is important to have a trusting community of people who care for the rules and report listings responsibly. The problem now though with Fleebay is that there are sellers reporting other sellers who have the same `legit` items as a way of taking there listings down because they are too cheap and are stealing their business. Fleebay remove the listing automatically without even looking at the listing properly.

The fact is, Microsoft don`t have a problem with sellers selling OEM software without hardware, as long as you state categorically that it is for use with a new computer in the listing. As soon as I got Microsoft to send me an email with this on and forwarded to Fleebay, my listings got put back on, only to be removed a couple of days later for breaching OEM software listings rules; after being reported by some software organisation in America.

Respect to all on Ebid. And again, please accept my apologies if I was off-hand all those months ago. I didn`t really read the terms and conditions properly, and I should have before I went on a rant.

All the best.
    I can't say I remember you ranting & raving and being rude anywhere on this site and I hope the eBid community accept your very gracious and sincere public apology, I know I would.

Thank you as well, for explaining the rules of OEM selling.

Well done.

Thread Information