My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Vhs

Default Vhs

I've got some VHS tapes - Star Trek Voyager, are these good sellers on here or would you recommend selling them elsewhere and to try and bring the buyers over here?
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    I've got some VHS tapes - Star Trek Voyager, are these good sellers on here or would you recommend selling them elsewhere and to try and bring the buyers over here?
    Not my genre, but I've sold about 80% of all vhs's that I have listed here in the past, but I have priced them "to sell" and to get rid of ASAP.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've only just listed my VHS tapes. All pretty obscure, so I doubt they would sell too quickly anywhere - I'd feel far more comfortable with them on here than elsewhere.

Maybe list the majority here, and just one or 2 somewhere else with an advisory that you have others available to list where they want them.

Make sure your pricing reflects the better service and fees here. and perhaps use your Ebid photo in any other listing.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

The thing about VHS tapes is that they're 50p or less at car boot sales, so difficult to sell online when postage is probably as much as £1.50 per tape.
    You might have some luck selling them as a job lot, but postage will be the killer and no doubt come to more than the auction price!

If it was a less common set it might sell to a collector, I don't know if there were any special or limited editions of Voyager on VHS.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Forum Newbie
    All-About Simonwebb1
    View Simonwebb1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have tried selling some old VHS tapes that were taking up space in my house. No one wants to by VHS anymore, just like cassette tapes. They are just pieces of plastic worth nothing unfortunately!

Forum Newbie
    View TheClothCap's Feedback (+1715)
    All-About TheClothCap
    View TheClothCap's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Vhs

Voyager Endgame series 7.13 is very hard to come by- well it was on VHS, no doubt there is a DVD version now but there are Collectors out there collecting obscure VHS film, Tv, docus, Bios, - as many of these will never get onto general release on DVD etc, Tony

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a VHS/DVD player and do watch some of my favorite movies on VHS - if I could find more in the British comedy genre, I'm always looking to enlarge my collection.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    All-About TheClothCap
    Forum Posts

VHS sleeves are superb for posting that awkward little thing, like a collectable toy figures, set of coins, fishing lures etc - sure chuck the film away ( responsibly..! ) but think twice about the cover, they are very useful and if you think laterally can be put to many uses. Tony PS I've got 400 to get rid off as a job lot, if your'e interested, collect from Leeds,West Yorkshire.

Forum Newbie
    All-About TheClothCap
    Forum Posts

Tell me what genre you are wanting and when I'm around those car boot sales in the UK, i'll see if I can find you some - just refund what I paid and pay for the shipping, if your'e interested. I may have some in the job lot I'm getting rid of but I think they'll be a bit too modern for you. Tony

Thread Information