eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: eBid Spreadsheet Help

Default Re: eBid Spreadsheet Help

Still no answer on that one ...

Next question - how do I specify both a MPN and an EAN ? At the moment I'm appending the MPN to the SKU field, but I'm pretty sure that's not helping with anything. (A buyer searching for it won't come up with anything, for instance.)

Default Re: eBid Spreadsheet Help

Hello,
    Is it possible to just update the quantity of items with the spreadsheet by using the sku? I would need to update quantities quite frequently but my inventory list only has the products sku and quantity.

Default saving spreadsheet for upload

I understand the data for upload have to be tab-delimited text (with a .txt filetype), but my version of openoffice requires me to specify the text encoding e.g. UTF-8, ISO 8859-1, etc, and also choose between " and ' for text delimiter (it won't allow none even though it seems unnecessary here)

Will I have to do trial and error until it works or can anyone tell me what is required?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: saving spreadsheet for upload

Quote Originally Posted by beadsandweeds View Post
    Will I have to do trial and error until it works or can anyone tell me what is required?
    The information in the following link should work for Open Office Calc: http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0064

Thanks!
    How strange to use a non-standard, proprietary encoding.

That's a useful resource I didn't know about.

I posted soon after that last comment, to correct it. However my retraction doesn't show so I don't know if I posted in the wrong thread (can't find it so don't think so) or what....

To begin with, my comment about proprietary encoding would probably make no sense to anyone who didn't follow astral's link to the guide that shows Windows encoding being specified. Its a text encoding that has been, no doubt deliberately, quite disruptive, but I retracted my implied criticism because it is a superset (i.e. includes all the text characters) of the Latin-1 standard, so that if ebid's spreadsheet processing software recognises the Microsoft encoding it will also do fine with Latin-1 standard encoding.

Hopefully, however, it will detect other encodings such as UTF-8 and -16 automatically. I'll maybe check this later.
    Last edited by beadsandweeds; 20th January 2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: grammar

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beadsandweeds View Post
    To begin with, my comment about proprietary encoding would probably make no sense to anyone who didn't follow astral's link to the guide that shows Windows encoding being specified.
    I think that was just the default selected when I did the screen capture. I don't know that a successful upload is dependant on the content of that field - only on the fields I specifically refer to.

Default Text encoding (was Re: saving spreadsheet for upload)

You're right. I've uploaded successfully with UTF-8.

Also, I read (or misread?) somewhere that the filename extension should be txt, but I forgot and had no problem with csv (always remembering that it has to be tabs not the commas implied by csv).

Stoke-on-trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View 0ld1ron's Feedback (+65)
    All-About 0ld1ron
    View 0ld1ron's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Text encoding (was Re: saving spreadsheet for upload)

I use LibreOffice 4.1 and the CVS Save As option threw me a little on first use as there didn't appear to be a TAB option. That option does appears in a later dialogue window in the save process...

astral276 link, 5 post above, shows the process of saving with Open Office Calc which is similar to Libre Office.

Thanks for the info.

A fine selection of quality used items for UK residents.

Have fun buying and selling
    Join eBid World Wide at www.ebid.net/ and choose location
    or pop to UK eBid at uk.ebid.net/ and join in.

Default Re: Text encoding (was Re: saving spreadsheet for upload)

Plus:
    How do you get apostrophes to work in listings? I keep getting various symbols.
    Steve again
    SPiKE'S Books

Enjoy Books!

Thread Information