eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: eBid Spreadsheet Help

Forum Newbie
    View justmoda's Feedback (-1)
    All-About justmoda
    View justmoda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Pretty weird error, since I am a registered Seller+ Lifetime member..

New to ebid but really, really struggling with uploading using your own software - I have successfuly exported my files from ebay to Ninja, all files are sitting happily in Ninja. I have passed the upload - yes it says listings passed!! As soon as I go to upload those spreadsheets which have passed it won't upload says failed and the log code is User 'justmoda#|#LGRJGAENHEYBcGs=' not found . I am registered as Seller +, my paypal details are correct. HELP!!!!!

Forum Newbie
    Stoke On Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View UKpackaging's Feedback (+353)
    All-About UKpackaging
    View UKpackaging's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Pretty weird error, since I am a registered Seller+ Lifetime member..

Quote Originally Posted by UKpackaging View Post
    OK Gazza thanks, there are a total of 5 uploads, please ignore the first 4 uploaded from the 14th/15th June, it is the latest upload on Thursday 19th June we are talking about here.

Lee
    Any update on this please Gazza? We have 3000+ listings to get live

Forum Newbie
    All-About vinecodesigns
    View vinecodesigns's Listings
    Forum Posts

so we need to add images 1 by one after the txt file is uploaded because images are too big?? i have thousands of items?

i have to agree with others as a new seller lifetime i feel my 50 bucks is all for not .especially if i cannot upload the 1.26 g zip file like ebids wanted .they ask for photos with the spreadsheet zipped but restrain the upload size to only mbs ?
    Last edited by vinecodesigns; 27th May 2017 at 08:57 PM.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vinecodesigns View Post
    so we need to add images 1 by one after the txt file is uploaded because images are too big?? i have thousands of items?

i have to agree with others as a new seller lifetime i feel my 50 bucks is all for not .especially if i cannot upload the 1.26 g zip file like ebids wanted .they ask for photos with the spreadsheet zipped but restrain the upload size to only mbs ?
    I use the spreadsheet to add images thousands at a time.
    I keep the size of the images to more or less 250kb; this is because I host them on my own domain and don't want to overload my server, and 250kb is the optimum size for display. I don't want an ebid logo on my images so I host myself and put the web reference in the spreadsheet image cell rather than upload on a zip file.
    If you had images hosted elsewhere then probably you are not limited to what ebid will upload.
    I bulk resize my images to 250kb on a free image software irfanview.com, and then bulk upload on filezilla to my domain.
    In the spreadsheet, as the image is named after the SKU, and the image cell automatically drops the name into the middle of the web reference so I just have to enter SKU in my spreadsheet for image reference to be automatically created
    The most items I have ever uploaded to ebid on a spreadsheet is 12000, and it worked fine with a little processing time.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Hi, i'm new to eBid and want to do things right since start so, I just need to know a few things.
    1. Is ninja lister the only way to do a bulk upload? I can generate a csv from my Zen Cart store, and then map it to whatever format you use, but I don't have listings on eBay, never had, nor Amazon, or the other options in Ninja Lister, if you had a generic template it will help.

2. I have almost 10000 active products, and images are hosted elsewhere, will that be a problem? I have a VPS and 9 domains, very different from each other, so can't afford to host my images and take precious space there as I have several other stores.

All-About billsstamps
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by outletseason View Post
    Hi, i'm new to eBid and want to do things right since start so, I just need to know a few things.
    1. Is ninja lister the only way to do a bulk upload? I can generate a csv from my Zen Cart store, and then map it to whatever format you use, but I don't have listings on eBay, never had, nor Amazon, or the other options in Ninja Lister, if you had a generic template it will help.

2. I have almost 10000 active products, and images are hosted elsewhere, will that be a problem? I have a VPS and 9 domains, very different from each other, so can't afford to host my images and take precious space there as I have several other stores.

• If you can create a csv then you are better managing your data on Ebidloader spreadsheet because you can create and upload a 10,000 listing with a few global spreadsheet commands.
    • Images hosted elsewhere is fine, so long as your csv contains the web address of each image. You can point to the url in your spreadsheet without loading them anywhere else.
    • Not sure whether you use vps.net as a host, or you have a virtual private server. I host 40000 images on just one of my 10 domains, it is pretty well unlimited.
    • Only thing to preempt is https: for images.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    • If you can create a csv then you are better managing your data on Ebidloader spreadsheet because you can create and upload a 10,000 listing with a few global spreadsheet commands.
    • Images hosted elsewhere is fine, so long as your csv contains the web address of each image. You can point to the url in your spreadsheet without loading them anywhere else.
    • Not sure whether you use vps.net as a host, or you have a virtual private server. I host 40000 images on just one of my 10 domains, it is pretty well unlimited.
    Thanks for clarifying things up, I am an engineer, and it's a VPS Virtual Private Server. Last time I had over 50Gb in images alone!!!, so that's why I'm using an external url as source.
    As far as my first question, is if there is a template we can use, that's recognizable by Ninja Lister, or it only recognizes, other marketplaces templates. As a csv or tab delimmeted whatever as long as it works I just need to check the output, so I can map mine to it.

All-About billsstamps
    Forum Posts

Thanks for clarifying things up, I am an engineer, and it's a VPS Virtual Private Server. Last time I had over 50Gb in images alone!!!, so that's why I'm using an external url as source.
    As far as my first question, is if there is a template we can use, that's recognizable by Ninja Lister, or it only recognizes, other marketplaces templates. As a csv or tab delimmeted whatever as long as it works I just need to check the output, so I can map mine to it.
    I find Ninja too time-consuming for me loading thousands of listings at a time.
    Excel on the other hand has all kinds of time-saving tricks, such as alerting me if something I intend to upload is a duplicate of an existing listing, and I have everything I have ever uploaded on file.
    But other people love Ninja.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!!! Uploading in bulk using a template!!! Where is the url to download a sample template file?

All-About billsstamps
    Forum Posts

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!!! Uploading in bulk using a template!!! Where is the url to download a sample template file?
    Go to My Bulk Upload
    Choose Speadsheet
    Download Ebid Spreadsheet here
    Read Instructions
    Fit your csv to the columns in Add Auctions Here

Name:  ebidloader.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  34.2 KB
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps