eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: eBid Spreadsheet Help

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid Spreadsheet Help

Before leaving a message here about problems that you might be experiencing with the Bulk Upload system, please ensure you check the error log for the upload that is causing problems.

The error log will contain details of which auctions and which columns of those auctions are not being accepted and why.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View TCCSales's Feedback (+13769)
    All-About TCCSales
    View TCCSales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Any news on Ninja Lister which should/could render bulk loading problems moot?

Default Bulk Upload rejecting Valid Files

Hi, Bulk Upload is rejecting my TAB delimeted text files with the message "The file type you are using is not recognised. Please upload in TAB delimited format". It even rejects files that I have previously uploaded successfully to eBid. It does recognise the file really, as it is correctly listing all the titles of auctions contained in the file, with the same message on each. Regards, Dave Lee

I've sorted this out now. There was an error in one of my columns but instead of telling me about an invalid field, Bulk Upload gives the spurious message about an invalid file format. Dave Lee

Default Tried 3 uploads of bulklisting, same error messages?

Just resigned up with you, got my credit card email, presume I am online, went to config and clicked for online.....and category 17 is what I entered, and it is in my store....anyway to check what is happening.....is it that I have to wait for some other signal that I am a member and can bulk upload...Russ at dedicated fool music store

Auction 1 Error : eBid Store category 17 cannot be found. Please check your eBid Store configuration in My eBid. Use only category ids eg. 1 or 4c if you have subcategories or 1:4g if you have multiple stores.
    Auction 1 Error : DedicatedFool's eBid Store is currently not online, go to your eBid Store config page in My eBid and set the relevant store to 'online'.
    Auction 1 Error : Image http://www.dedicatedfool.com/shop/im...0yrschocho.jpg is invalid. Ensure images are viewable at all times. Extra info : Can't connect to www.dedicatedfool.com:80 (connect: timeout)

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFool View Post
    Just resigned up with you, got my credit card email, presume I am online, went to config and clicked for online.....and category 17 is what I entered, and it is in my store....anyway to check what is happening.....is it that I have to wait for some other signal that I am a member and can bulk upload...Russ at dedicated fool music store

Auction 1 Error : eBid Store category 17 cannot be found. Please check your eBid Store configuration in My eBid. Use only category ids eg. 1 or 4c if you have subcategories or 1:4g if you have multiple stores.
    Auction 1 Error : DedicatedFool's eBid Store is currently not online, go to your eBid Store config page in My eBid and set the relevant store to 'online'.
    Auction 1 Error : Image http://www.dedicatedfool.com/shop/im...0yrschocho.jpg is invalid. Ensure images are viewable at all times. Extra info : Can't connect to www.dedicatedfool.com:80 (connect: timeout)
    Second error should tell you what the problem is - store must be turned "online" just before your initial upload, and before you can add any listings to it
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Default Reply to reply that was misinformed

Howdy, but you failed to read the whole message....I turned the store on, and still got the same error message, so I still need an answer. Thank you.

Double check your store config - soon as you go to your store to edit and select the store configuration, do you see it say "Online" in green , or "Offline" in red? - Ive made that same mistake many times already (and only 2 stores! ) and it trips me up every time.

Because I went to your All About page, and looked, and I see NO stores online (if you had a store online, it should show up, even if you have no items in it.. ) So, it would appear that your store is not actually online - did you save the correct settings section? - You have to save each store section individually as you do your configuration - so if you went in, and clicked online, and then went right to create categories and started setting those up, it is entirely possible that your setting the store online was never saved.

**edit**
    Just went back to your All About page and it (store) appears to be online now.. store logo sitting bottom right in all about page.. have you tried uploading since?

Perhaps it just took a little time before it "registered" in the system that it is now online..
    Last edited by Idealproductsales; 19th February 2010 at 04:44 AM.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Hey thanks for taking the time. I basically went back to my file and tried to write my name in Dedicated Fool about three different ways, and it finally worked.

Just found out that the bulk loader will not take items without pictures, so about half my items went up, only 14,500 to go....will drop by your store in my travels, appreciate the help....Russ

Forum Newbie
    View snammcom's Feedback (+5)
    All-About snammcom
    View snammcom's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Pretty weird error, since I am a registered Seller+ Lifetime member..

My Bulk Upload
    Create your auctions offline & import items from other marketplaces with the eBid Ninja Lister. Alternatively download our spreadsheet and add hundreds of auctions at once.
    Failed Log for Spreadsheet : snammcom20100817023135.txt
    Your Reference : ebidupload.txt Export these 1 Auctions
    Back to Status Page
    Viewing Failed Log Entries 0 - 1 of 1
    Row Number Auction Title Error Message
    1 '<item name removed>' User ''snammcom'' not found

Why cant it find me ? I am logged in, doing a bulk upload with 1 row of item for testing, strange...

Thread Information