eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ebid store directory group on Facebook?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    Sent you the link through one of your items, as links seem to be getting removed from here and there does not seem to be a private message
    Yes, there is. Click on any poster's ID and get the option to send a PM. Click on "notifications" at the top to see your own.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Yes, there is. Click on any poster's ID and get the option to send a PM. Click on "notifications" at the top to see your own.
    Thanks

Sent them a link through PM and just added the link to my wall to see if there is any response.

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry I've not been on for a while, been so busy. Just to ansdwer a few questions....

No unfortunately you cannot promote new wall posts, shops, etc although everyone on FB has a 'Groups' page and if you go on there it will tell you whenever there are any new members and new wall posts, photos and updates, etc.

The only other way to promote the group is to pay for an advert but I've done this with my own website and although far better (IMO) than Google adwords, etc and far cheaper, it still can add up to quite a lot if you really want to hit a large target.

In saying that every time someone joins the Ebid group it will show up on there wall and so all there friends should see it. So far we have 95 members so if you say they have an average of 100 friends each (Although probably higher) that's anything up to 10,000 people who would have probably seen the group. The biggest problem is that not many people actually take the time out to register and have a look around Ebid, which is a shame as it's by far the best auction site on the net.

Also there is nothing stopping all members sending out group invites to al their friends.

PS: I'm not sure why some of you can't see the Facebook link I originally posted (If I've read that right), it's still there.

Forum Lurker
    Eastern Wisconsin, Wisconsin, United States
    View manna77's Feedback (+678)
    All-About manna77
    View manna77's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone, manna here, I just joined the facebook group, and hope I did it right. I am not
    the best at computers. I did put my 2 stores on, and have a question. Where do the facebook
    members look to see the group? I clicked on the groups, and did not see the ebid one. Any one know?
    Thanks Louise

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manna77 View Post
    Hi everyone, manna here, I just joined the facebook group, and hope I did it right. I am not
    the best at computers. I did put my 2 stores on, and have a question. Where do the facebook
    members look to see the group? I clicked on the groups, and did not see the ebid one. Any one know?
    Thanks Louise
    I find it quickest just to type ebid into the search box, and the various options pop up.

Forum Newbie
    Brownhills, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View fashionmayhem's Feedback (+217)
    All-About fashionmayhem
    View fashionmayhem's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just joined and added my store, any free advertising is a bonus Thank you

Thread Information