eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ebid store directory group on Facebook?

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ebid store directory group on Facebook?

I was thinking of setting up an Ebid store directory group on Facebook. I was thinking it would be a good way for sellers to list their store and details as well as buyers to find Ebid stores.

I just wondered if anyone would use it?

There are a few Ebid groups on Facebook but none are huge, and from what I can see none are used to promote Ebid stores as such, they are mainly used to slag off Eb*y.

This would be more for sellers to list their store links and maybe some details about what they sell.

So let me know if you'd use it and I'll set it up.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't do facebook, but it sounds like a good idea for those who do.

Forum Lurker
    All-About buckhysen
    Forum Posts

Ok, I've set up an 'Ebid store directory' group on Facebook for anyone who is on there and wants to list their store and description.
    It's also for buyers to look and maybe find something they want/need.

If you'd like to add your store then just join the group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/creat...d=139172997442 and post your store link and description.
    This is for Ebid stores only obviously

Forum Lurker
    All-About buckhysen
    Forum Posts

Still just me in there so far lol
    Free advertising for your store if we can build it up, so don't forget to add your store url's.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buckhysen View Post
    Still just me in there so far lol
    Free advertising for your store if we can build it up, so don't forget to add your store url's.
    In my experience, you get much better "take-up" from ebidders, if you offer to do the work for them. That's not a criticism, it's perfectly normal! Often what's being offered is outside the individual's comfort zone, or they're simply unable to access whatever it is, so "this is here, would you like me to add you" tends to me more successful. Of course, it's also a lot of work! Is that something you could do in this situation?

Forum Lurker
    All-About buckhysen
    Forum Posts

Well the thing is Kim people need to join themselves really to add the numbers up, otherwise if buyers just see one or two members they won't even look in the group at the stores.
    Buyers are far more likely to join or at least look inside the group if there is a few hundred members compared to just a few. Then as they join the group will grow and more people see it.

I can add store details for anyone who is not on Facebook (Just PM me your url and description) but the group also needs anyone who is on Facebook to join, to help it grow and get more buyers and sellers.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buckhysen View Post
    Well the thing is Kim people need to join themselves really to add the numbers up, otherwise if buyers just see one or two members they won't even look in the group at the stores.
    Buyers are far more likely to join or at least look inside the group if there is a few hundred members compared to just a few. Then as they join the group will grow and more people see it.

I can add store details for anyone who is not on Facebook (Just PM me your url and description) but the group also needs anyone who is on Facebook to join, to help it grow and get more buyers and sellers.

Ah, I see. I don't do facebook, so didn't know how it worked. I've already lined-up a kind friend who does have access to put mine on, by the way.

Forum Lurker
    All-About buckhysen
    Forum Posts

Excellent Kim And if anyone else wants their store added I'll gladly add it.
    But anyone already on Facebook then it will be much better if you can join and add your own store, then pass it on to all your friends. The more that join the more your stores will be seen

Hi Kev
    I just joined Thanks
    Kathy

Oops sorry - just re-spotted this and it jogged my memory chain. I meant to sort this out last night - but between everything - I totally forgot.

We're on face book and will sort us out later. I'll be adding my 4 stores and 4 stores for a friend if thats ok - so you'll have 1 extra member with 8 new stores.

Thanks again for the invite. If I haven't already got you in our friends, I'll also send through a friend invite at the same time.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Thread Information