Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Would you like a "total of totals" thread?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 85.71%
  • No

0 0%
  • Don't care

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YDC Totals of totals

Default YDC Totals of totals

Do you think it's a good idea to have 1 thread simply dedicated to ydc total of totals

So after all monies have been collected for a months YDC the total is added to the total of totals?

Each month there would still be the usual threads but the totals of totals would just be for all previous amounts raised

That could be done quite easily - I have a tally sheet with the totals going back a while - something I did earlier on this year - and both sets of totals from the time when the USA YDC started up.

The only thing is that the thread would have to be locked at the end of each entry to prevent the totals being lost in the chatter.

Mind you, on the other hand, now there is a dedicated charity area, from here on the YDC threads will be easier to find so anyone wanting to know the totals won't have to wade through pages and pages of chatter - I think I went back 250 plus pages (could have been more) to trace them all back

I'll keep an eye ont he result and if its needed I have the totals at hand.

One quick question - once a thread has been locked by its creator, can it be unlocked then locked again?
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    That could be done quite easily - I have a tally sheet with the totals going back a while - something I did earlier on this year - and both sets of totals from the time when the USA YDC started up.

The only thing is that the thread would have to be locked at the end of each entry to prevent the totals being lost in the chatter.

Mind you, on the other hand, now there is a dedicated charity area, from here on the YDC threads will be easier to find so anyone wanting to know the totals won't have to wade through pages and pages of chatter - I think I went back 250 plus pages (could have been more) to trace them all back

I'll keep an eye ont he result and if its needed I have the totals at hand.

One quick question - once a thread has been locked by its creator, can it be unlocked then locked again?
    Yes & Yes

What I was thinking is that post one would show the totals for each YDC, and also I was thinking of it being linked to the YDC tally thread of that month. Then the other postings would be the individual YDC tally total as a posting in the thread with a link to the tally thread

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    Yes & Yes

What I was thinking is that post one would show the totals for each YDC, and also I was thinking of it being linked to the YDC tally thread of that month. Then the other postings would be the individual YDC tally total as a posting in the thread with a link to the tally thread

Yes, that would work until somebody deletes their tally thread and the link is lost.

For the YDCs that have already been this year - there are totals on my squidoo lens if that helps.
    Babz

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's Monday morning 9:00am here and I'm having my 2nd cuppa tea.
    I didn't understand a single word of this thread so far

*Off to get another cuppa tea*

x

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    It's Monday morning 9:00am here and I'm having my 2nd cuppa tea.
    I didn't understand a single word of this thread so far

*Off to get another cuppa tea*

x

Good morning

Its nearly 5.30 pm here and tipping down so definitely have another cuppa to start the day, then digest the thread. It will make so much more sense.
    Babz

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Good morning

Its nearly 5.30 pm here and tipping down so definitely have another cuppa to start the day, then digest the thread. It will make so much more sense.
    Now I need another cuppa, my brains can't cope this early in the day LOL!

x

Here you go

Babz

I think it would be quite interesting to see how much everybody has raised over the year for good causes. It will be good publicity for the YDC at the same time showing just what can be achived with a collective effort. Go for it Sarah !

I think the idea is a good one.

But...

I don't want to be a moaning minnie or killjoy but I think that anything to do with the YDC should be discussed with Babs via PM before being posted on the forum for the rest of us to pass comment on.

Running the YDC can at times be very time consuming and hectic and in my opinion the person running the YDC should be consulted before changes or improvements are put to members through the forums. Only the person running the YDC knows how much time they have to put into running it, nobody else knows what is going on in their personal life and is demanding their time.

Also I know that people mean well but if they have a YDC related idea they shouldn't really just set their idea into action without checking, by PM, with the person who is running the YDC first. It is much better to have just one person overseeing all YDC projects and keeping things organised and as simple as possible. If too many people are running their own YDC related project things can become messy and confusing to newcomers and also open the doors for scammers to take advantage of the YDC.

When I first started the YDC over on the other side we did have a problem with some folk using the YDC to line their own pocket by deceiving buyers into thinking that they were bidding on a charity auction when in reality they weren't. That is why I introduced the expected value limit, to stop scammers using the YDC to list higher priced items and conning buyers. So it is better that the person running the YDC runs, and has the final say, on all YDC related projects. It also makes it easier for people taking part in the YDC because they then know that whatever that one person says is what goes, they won't be getting conflicting advise from other people.

I hope you don't mind me giving my opinion on this, I just thought that I'd make folk aware of how time consuming and complicated it can be running the YDC and how easy it can be to over complicate it and put people off joining in or how easy it is to open the doors to scammers if everyone is allowed to run their own YDC related projects.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Thread Information