Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it- the LORD is his name: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. (Jeremiah 33:2-3)

Giving All Praise and Honor to God For His Many Blessings During 2016 - 2017
    Thanking God For His Love, Faithfulness, Mercy, Grace, Power, and Presence During 2016 -2017
    Thanking God For His Peace During the Tumultuous Events of 2017
    Thanking God In Anticipation of His Continued Blessings throughout 2017

2017 PRAYERS (OCT./NOV.)

May the blessings of God be with all who view or post to this thread. May you be strengthened in spirit, mind, body throughout 2017 and beyond. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank you Father for being a gracious God.

Burgyeb - (10/03/2017) Burgyeb praying for Las Vegas, who experienced mass shooting, that resulted in loss of at least 59 lives and hundreds of injuries. (see post #1594)

Burgyeb - (10/21/2017) Continuing to pray for the many people in California, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Puerto Rico, The Caribbeans, and all impacted areas, that were devastated by hurricanes, flooding, earthquakes, out of control fires, and other residual damage. Also praying for front line rescue and recovery persons; that they would remain strong and encouraged as they come along side of the many impacted people to help. (see post #1599)

Burgyeb - (11/21-- 11/22/2017) Praying for "The 44" individuals from Argentina, who are missing at see in a submarine. (see posts # 1608, 1609)

2017 PRAISE REPORTS (OCT./NOV.)

Burgyeb - (10/21/2017) Have been encouraged by the many acts of kindness, non-governmental giving, and governmental giving that is going on, in behalf of the devastated areas. (see post #1599)

Madelaine - (10/22/2017) Giving testimony that God hears and answers prayers, by sharing three clear answers to prayers that she has had recently. 1) The flame Team was ministering to Jordan, 10 minutes had been allocated for prayer, Madelaine prayed for more time to be given, and the meeting was extended by 2 hours. 2) A
    missionary friend was on the point of finding himself sleeping rough and money came in. 3) Madelaine had been praying for a charity which needed a pop-up shop in London and now they have one in a really good position in Soho (which is not the sordid area it used to be...). God continues to be in the prayer answering business. Amen! (see post #1600)

Burgyeb - (11/02/2017) Is thankful to God for placing in the hearts of people, especially leaders, the spirit of giving.

Ropegg - (11/03/2017) Is thankful to God for the gift of salvation. (see post #1603)

Burgyeb - (11/03/2017) Is thankful to God for the gift of salvation; and is praising God for the power of his Name.(see post #1604)

2017 UPDATES (OCT./NOV.)

(10/22/2017) Continue to pray for the needs listed on the September prayer list (see post #1591), and more recent prayer list.

(11/02/2017) The devastation witnessed during September in parts of the USA, the Caribbeans, Puerto Rico, and Mexico has resulted in an impressive demonstration of philanthropy from everyday people, stars, actors, rescue organizations, and even among all past USA Presidents, and the current USA President.

All five former USA Presidents created "One America Appeal" to raise money for storm recovery from Hurricane Harvey's impact on Texas and Louisiana; and these efforts were expected to be expanded for Hurricane Irma victims as well. The five former Presidents include Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and Jimmy Carter.

President Donald J. Trump, made a personal donation of one million dollars to disaster relief; this is one of the largest contributions made from a sitting President. Disaster relief organizations receiving donated funds from President Trump include Reach Out America, Red Cross, Salvation Army, Samaritan's Purse, ASPCA, Catholic Charities, Direct Relief, Habitat For Humanity, Houston Humane Society, Operation Blessing, Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies, and Team Rubicon. The contributions were given quickly and completely by President Trump and First Lady, Melania Trump.

Hats off to any and all who have given donations, or shown acts of kindness to the individuals, families, and communities impacted by the storms and other disasters.

(11/13/2017) Update on state of recovery efforts for hurricane and other disaster areas. (see post #1607)

(11/26/2017) The 44 missing individuals on the submarine have not been found, and are presumed dead. Continued prayers are needed for their families and friends, who have suffered a great loss. (see post #1610)

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013
    SEE POST # 1541 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2014
    SEE POST # 1546 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2015/16

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

The update added to the prayer list today is also a praise report. I thank God for placing in the hearts of people, and particularly leaders, the spirit of giving. One thing is for sure, none of us can out give God. As God gave his only begotten son (Jesus Christ), so that through him, eternal life is available to all who accept him as LORD and Savior.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    The update added to the prayer list today is also a praise report. I thank God for placing in the hearts of people, and particularly leaders, the spirit of giving. One thing is for sure, none of us can out give God. As God gave his only begotten son (Jesus Christ), so that through him, eternal life is available to all who accept him as LORD and Savior.
    I am thankful also and I am so happy that I accepted the Lord as my Savior.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I am thankful also and I am so happy that I accepted the Lord as my Savior.
    Yes, I am happy also for accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved...." (Romans 10:9-10) I acknowledged his lordship in my life, and desired to give him control of my life. His yoke is easy, his burden is light, for he is gentle and humble. (Matthew 11:29) His banner over me is love.

Jesus has so many names and so many titles........God was pleased to have his fullness dwell in him. (Colossians 1:15-20) He is the Lord, the Redeemer, the Savior, the Word, the Great Shepherd, the Lord God Almighty, LORD (KING of KINGS and LORD of LORDS), the Way the Truth the Life, Healer, Provider, Protector, I Am....................

Immanuel (God is With Us) [Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23]

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)

The Root of Jesse (Isaiah 11:10; Romans 15:12)

The Root of David (Revelation 5:5, 22:16)

Warrior - Messiah- King (Rider on the White Horse) [Revelation 19:11-16]

I accepted and accept daily the Lord in his fullness..........what I understand or do not understand.

Glory.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to this thread Lookfabs; feel free to post anytime, add a thought or prayer. Have a blessed day.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

God has promised to never leave or forsake us. I find myself thinking about the recovery efforts occurring in mainland USA, Mexico, the Caribbeans. It is easy to get caught up in the debate that not enough is being done for some of the impacted areas.

No matter how much money or other resources are being poured into an area, the recovery effort is a long-term situation. Be it Texas, Florida, Mexico, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, etc; the suffering index is high for many.

These impacted communities will share certain things in common, but will be uniquely impacted based on various factors

They will all face health issues such as contamination and disease potential or exacerbation. They will all face emotional grief over loss of cherished possessions, loss of lifestyle stability, loss of loved ones, loss of income or businesses, loss of power and communication, and so much more.

Their suffering index will be intensified if they are without resources to respond to the devastation; lack of infrastructure ; physical isolation; have compromised law enforcement and political/leadership inadequacies.

Culture and values will impact the response to devastation seen in various locations. For instance, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands suffered massive storm destruction, in the face of limited resources and the ability to respond to such devastation.

The response of the people varied, probably influenced by culture, values, and expectations. Puerto Rico has been very verbal concerning the needs of its region and people. The heavily destroyed areas of the Virgin Islands, have voiced feelings of being forgotten, but they have not been demanding of aid or assistance.

Where is assistance most visible? From what I have observed Puerto Rico is receiving more visible disaster relief. Examples of this include the recent air lifting of many Puerto Ricans by FEMA to Florida and New York; a major municipal bond organization offering high interest bonds targeting Puerto Rico disaster relief; the multi-million dollar plan to rebuild their electrical grid, etc.

Even with that relief effort, Puerto Rico will need so much more recovery support. But what exactly is being done in the Virgin Islands in regards to their infrastructure and long term needs? If much is going on why is this not being discussed openly?

All I can say is prayers, resources, and support are still needed for all of the impacted areas.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Praying for the 44 persons from Argentina who are still missing in the downed submarine (the ARA San Juan). Praying that the rescue teams will be given supernatural insight as to the submarine's location. This is day 7 that the submarine has been missing, and there is great concern that oxygen supplies may only last through the 7th day.

Father in the Name of Jesus Christ, please reach down and surround the 44 persons on that submarine. Protect and shield them, reveal their location, and give the rescue teams efficient and skilled ability to bring them to safety. As you miraculously delivered the Chilean miners from the depths of the earth; deliver these 44 people from the depths of the sea. There is nothing too hard for you to accomplish. LORD we give you thanks, knowing that you are a God who hears and answers prayers. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

My thoughts and prayers continue with "The 44" and with their families and loved ones.

More than 4000 people, from at least 7 different nations, have joined the search efforts. The critical time frame has already been reached, but families, friends, and a concerned world continue to stand vigilantly with them and their families.

The families and all concerned continue to pray, and to hope against hopelessness.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Praying for the families of The 44, who are presumed lost. Praying that God will comfort them and give them peace in the midst of this heart wrenching situation.

I must admit, this situation seems unreal and explanations just do not fully add up. I found it hard to understand how they could not find the submarine. The reports at the end of this week, that an explosion was heard near the site where they were last heard, makes it even more perplexing. If the submarine exploded, why were they unable to find evidence of this during the search. Even more puzzling was the report of two explosions heard in this area; one when they reported the problem, and another explosion after day seven or eight. This would have placed them at the scene the incident occurred, yet they were not located.

Very tragic.

Thread Information