Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it- the LORD is his name: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. (Jeremiah 33:2-3)

Giving All Praise and Honor to God For His Many Blessings During 2016 - 2017
    Thanking God For His Love, Faithfulness, Mercy, Grace, Power, and Presence During 2016 -2017
    Thanking God For His Peace During the Tumultuous Events of 2017
    Thanking God In Anticipation of His Continued Blessings throughout 2017

2017 PRAYERS (OCT./NOV./DEC.)

May the blessings of God be with all who view or post to this thread. May you be strengthened in spirit, mind, body throughout 2017 and beyond. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank you Father for being a gracious God.

Burgyeb - (10/03/2017) Burgyeb praying for Las Vegas, who experienced mass shooting, that resulted in loss of at least 59 lives and hundreds of injuries. (see post #1594)

Burgyeb - (10/21/2017) Continuing to pray for the many people in California, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Puerto Rico, The Caribbeans, and all impacted areas, that were devastated by hurricanes, flooding, earthquakes, out of control fires, and other residual damage. Also praying for front line rescue and recovery persons; that they would remain strong and encouraged as they come along side of the many impacted people to help. (see post #1599)

Burgyeb - (11/21-- 11/22/2017) Praying for "The 44" individuals from Argentina, who are missing at sea in a submarine. (see posts # 1608, 1609)

2017 PRAISE REPORTS (OCT./NOV./DEC.)

Burgyeb - (10/21/2017) Have been encouraged by the many acts of kindness, non-governmental giving, and governmental giving that is going on, in behalf of the devastated areas. (see post #1599)

Madelaine - (10/22/2017) Giving testimony that God hears and answers prayers, by sharing three clear answers to prayers that she has had recently. 1) The flame Team was ministering to Jordan, 10 minutes had been allocated for prayer, Madelaine prayed for more time to be given, and the meeting was extended by 2 hours. 2) A
    missionary friend was on the point of finding himself sleeping rough and money came in. 3) Madelaine had been praying for a charity which needed a pop-up shop in London and now they have one in a really good position in Soho (which is not the sordid area it used to be...). God continues to be in the prayer answering business. Amen! (see post #1600)

Burgyeb - (11/02/2017) Is thankful to God for placing in the hearts of people, especially leaders, the spirit of giving.

Ropegg - (11/03/2017) Is thankful to God for the gift of salvation. (see post #1603)

Burgyeb - (11/03/2017) Is thankful to God for the gift of salvation; and is praising God for the power of his Name. (see post #1604)

2017 UPDATES (OCT./NOV./DEC.)

(10/22/2017) Continue to pray for the needs listed on the September prayer list (see post #1591), and more recent prayer list.

(11/02/2017) The devastation witnessed during September in parts of the USA, the Caribbeans, Puerto Rico, and Mexico has resulted in an impressive demonstration of philanthropy from everyday people, stars, actors, rescue organizations, and even among all past USA Presidents, and the current USA President.

All five former USA Presidents created "One America Appeal" to raise money for storm recovery from Hurricane Harvey's impact on Texas and Louisiana; and these efforts were expected to be expanded for Hurricane Irma victims as well. The five former Presidents include Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and Jimmy Carter.

President Donald J. Trump, made a personal donation of one million dollars to disaster relief; this is one of the largest contributions made from a sitting President. Disaster relief organizations receiving donated funds from President Trump include Reach Out America, Red Cross, Salvation Army, Samaritan's Purse, ASPCA, Catholic Charities, Direct Relief, Habitat For Humanity, Houston Humane Society, Operation Blessing, Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies, and Team Rubicon. The contributions were given quickly and completely by President Trump and First Lady, Melania Trump.

Hats off to any and all who have given donations, or shown acts of kindness to the individuals, families, and communities impacted by the storms and other disasters.

(11/13/2017) Update on state of recovery efforts for hurricane and other disaster areas. (see post #1607)

(11/26/2017) The 44 missing individuals on the submarine have not been found, and are presumed dead. Continued prayers are needed for their families and friends, who have suffered a great loss. (see post #1610)

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013
    SEE POST # 1541 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2014
    SEE POST # 1546 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2015/16

Forum Newbie
    View annztiques's Feedback (+370)
    All-About annztiques
    View annztiques's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sofiag1964 View Post
    Hello! I'm so excited on so many things I've been blessed with and I want to share them with you. None of us have all the answers, but one thing I do know and that is the faith in God I have and am not ashamed to share it.

There are several scriptures that get me through the tough times; whether it's financial, phsyical illnesses, loss of loved ones or just having a very bad day.

This is bascially to share what I've gone through and what I do to get through them. This isn't meant for debate and no slandering anyone else's beliefs, just a part of me I want to share with you.

Thank you for letting me share this with you.... this is probably the first one I came to know and helped me to see others in a way I never did before;

John 13:34 I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another.
    Yes God is awesome and I love Him there is simply no one greater

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to this thread Annztiques. I agree with you; God is awesome, and He means more to me than anyone or anything else.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

About Praise

Who Can Praise God?

Children and Infants - "From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and avenger". (Psalm 8:2 NIV) This is a mystery. The Almighty God, whose power and glory is displayed throughout the universe, appoints and brings forth the praise of children, to silence and dismantle dark powers (enemies) who rise up against him.

When the chief priest and teachers of the law saw the wonderful things Jesus did, and heard the children shouting in praise of him, they were indignant. This was the religious bunch, who were antagonistic towards Jesus and every good work he did. " 'Do you hear what these children are saying?' they asked him" " 'Yes,' replied Jesus, 'have you never read, " 'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise' ". (Matthew 21:16 NIV)

Those Who Call Him Their God - (Exodus 15:2; Deuteronomy 32:3-4)

Angels - (Psalms 103:20)

All the Nations - (Psalm 117:1)

All of Creation - Heaven, Earth, & the Sea (Psalms 69:34; 89:5; 96:11) ; The Fields & Trees of the Forest (Psalms 96:12) ; All of Creation (Psalm 145:10) ; A Future Generation/People Not Yet Created (Psalm 102:18) ; Every Creature (Ps.145:21)

"You will go out in joy and be led in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." (Isaiah 55:12)

All That Have Breath - "Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD." (Psalm 150:6 NIV)

The last five hymns in the Book of Psalms are bracketed with "Praise the LORD". (Psalms 146---150)

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

and how should they praise him? With a Joyful Noise! (Psalm 100... says nothing about being a perfect sound!)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

...and for those who find making a joyful noise challenging, then praise God with your words. For by..." the word of their testimony"....they overcame the accuser of the brothers. (Rev. 12:10-11)

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    ...and for those who find making a joyful noise challenging, then praise God with your words. For by..." the word of their testimony"....they overcame the accuser of the brothers. (Rev. 12:10-11)
    I am so thankful for the love that is between people who have never physically ever met and probably never will (in this life) but enjoy spreading joyful blessings to others. I don't really do much in the forums but I do pray and I do try to spread the Love of God that He has planted in my heart. It brings me joy when I get to enjoy others being blessed. I pray you are all blessed with a wonderful Christmas and an abundance of joy in 2018.

May Sofia be special blessed for starting this thread.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I am so thankful for the love that is between people who have never physically ever met and probably never will (in this life) but enjoy spreading joyful blessings to others. I don't really do much in the forums but I do pray and I do try to spread the Love of God that He has planted in my heart. It brings me joy when I get to enjoy others being blessed. I pray you are all blessed with a wonderful Christmas and an abundance of joy in 2018.

May Sofia be special blessed for starting this thread.

Yes, I agree. The love of God that is spread abroad among believers is a very blessed thing to behold. I appreciate the things you do here and in the general forums. Each of us has a part to play, and we may or may not know the purpose. I too appreciated Sophia starting this thread, and the love she always expressed.

Thank you for the blessings of a wonderful Christmas and abundance of joy in 2018. I hope the same things for you, and for all who view or participate in this thread.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

About Praise (Cont'd)

What is Praise?

To commend; to applaud; to magnify; to glorify; to extol in words or songs; to express admiration,.....according to Webster's New Twentieth Century Dictionary, Unabridged, Second Edition. The dictionary definition(s) seem to agree with scripture.

When Should We Praise God?

Continually (Hebrews 13:15) - Even thinking about God's goodness is praise (Philippians 4:8)

At all times (Psalm 34:1) - In the good times and in troublesome times

As long as one lives (Psalm 146:2)

Forever (Psalm 45:17)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

About Praise (Cont'd)

Where Should We Praise God?

In the Assembly, the public place of worship and fellowship (Psalm 68:26; 149:1)

On your bed (Psalm 149:5)

In your everyday life.........as you walk, run, play, fish, clean the house, commute to work, on the job, anywhere.

Why Should We Praise God?

Praise is ordained of God (Matthew 21:16; Psalm 8:1b-2)

God is worthy of praise (I Chronicles 16:25; Psalm 145:3)

It is fitting for the upright to praise God (Psalm 33:1; 147:1)

It is good to praise the LORD (Psalm 92:1)

Praise God for his good deeds (Psalm 78:4)

Praising God gives us direct access to his presence; enter his courts with praise (Psalm 100:4)

A garment of praise drives away a spirit of despair (Isaiah 61:3)

It brings delight to the LORD (Psalm 149:4); and joyful strength to the one who praises God (Nehemiah 8:10)

Thread Information