Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

Praise God for giving us his greatest gift, Jesus Christ!

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV)

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. (John 13:34-35 NIV)

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. (John 15:12-14 NIV)

This is my command: Love each other. (John 15:17)

2018 PRAYERS

Burgyeb - (1/12/2018) Praying for Southern California, who has experienced mudslides, following last month fires. Pray that they be strengthened and comforted by God's peace, as they face the loss of loved ones, property, and community infra-structure. (see post #1628)

Ropegg - (1/23/2018) Praying for the many needs for those who have been and are being caught in the disastrous things of 2017. Also for those who have been hit hard with the winter storms and the flu already this year. (see post #1630)

Burgyeb - (2/15/2018) Praying for the mass shooting victim's, those injured, their families and friends, and the Broward County High School. May God's peace be in their midst as the injured are healed from their injuries, and those who were lost are mourned by their loved ones. (see post #1636)

Madelaine - (3/12/2018) Requesting agreement in
    prayer, that one of the Christian satellite broadcasters will agree to a weekly short piece aimed at members of the armed forces in the Middle East. There are 3 possible stations. (see posts #1645 & #1646)

Burgyeb - (3/31/2018) Continues praying for Franklin Graham and family (see posts #1638 &
    #1639); also praying for Samaritan' Purse Ministries and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (see post # 1647).

2018 PRAISE REPORTS

Ropegg - (1/23/2018) is thankful to God who hears our prayers, and that He is faithful to answer them according to His will, and with His great love. Also that we are so blessed, even in the midst of the storms. Amen. Praise the Lord! (see post # 1630)

Burgyeb - (3/9/2018) Thanking God for some forward movement on some of the prayers on the prayer list. Received update from Samaritan's Purse on the clean up efforts and the rebuilding of homes to devastated areas of Texas from Hurricane Harvey. They are also rebuilding houses in several hard hit areas in the Caribbeans following the destruction caused by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.

2018 UPDATES

Burgyeb- (3/9/2018) Positive action and good has been emerging from the mass shooting at the Broward County High School. Even on the day of the shooting, unusual heroic acts from teachers, a coach, and students, saved the lives of countless students and others. An overwhelming outcry from students and others, has resulted in dialogue among opposing factions of the gun control issue. Policy and legislative changes have been proposed and enacted, in the areas of school safety, mental health, age related changes for gun ownership, and specialized training for certain school staff.

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013
    SEE POST # 1541 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2014
    SEE POST # 1546 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2015/16
    SEE POSTS #1591 & #1621 FOR LAST PRAYER LISTS FOR 2017 & POST #1623 FOR 2017 SUMMARY REPORT

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractArtist View Post
    Amen! He is Risen! Hope everyone had a great Easter!

Thank you.

Welcome to this thread! Please feel free to post anytime.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    The first publication was a special report on the powerful impact of "Operation Heal Our Patriots". This is a Samaritan's Purse Ministry, that targets married military couples, impacted by war-related injuries and emotional/psychological combat trauma. I was deeply touched by the report, sensing that it was an area of ministry that reached into the very heart of God.

The second publication was "PrayerPoint", a Samaritan's Purse Ministry of worldwide prayer.

Receiving the two publications from Samaritan's Purse also made me realize the need for continued prayer for Franklin Graham and his family, Samaritan's Purse Ministries, and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. Will expound on this in an upcoming post.

After receiving and reading the two publications, I did some research into the history of Samaritan's Purse and several other ministries. The first thing that stood out were the founding dates of ministries, and their connected purposes in reaching their generation for God.

In 1950 Billy Graham founded the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA); focused on spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to as many people as possible. BGEA accomplishes this through a variety of ministries, including large evangelistic crusades; evangelism training; ministry to youth; disaster relief ministry; and through television, radio, internet, and vast publications including Decision Magazine.

By 1950 Oral Roberts had established a network of radio programs designed to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.He was actively traveling throughout the country with an 18,000 seat tent. Oral Roberts had founded the Oral Roberts Evangelistic Association in 1947, with the purpose of reaching people around the world with the gospel.

Also in 1950 Bob Pierce had founded World Vision, an international charity organization. In 1970 he also founded Samaritan's Purse. His ministry provided missionary outreach to some of the neediest mission fields in the world. In 1973 Bob Pierce met Franklin Graham who was to become his future successor. Franklin Graham experienced a life changing experience while touring the missionary field, and God won his heart for the people.

Also in 1973 Paul and Jan Crouch founded Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), a worldwide Christian Broadcaster of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Today, TBN, CBN, and a host of other Christian Broadcasters are spreading the gospel through a massive network of television programming, internet, and satellite outreach. These major Christian Broadcasters have always worked closely with BGEA and Samaritan's Purse.

In 1978 Bob Pierce had passed away from leukemia. In 1979 Franklin Graham, his successor, became President and Chairman of the Board for Samaritan's Purse. In 1990 Samaritan's Purse UK was launched by Billy Graham after a visit to Scotland. In 1993 Operation Christmas Child merged with Samaritan's Purse, further expanding its ministry reach.

In 1995 Billy Graham chose Franklin Graham to be his successor. It seems as if the question continues to be who is going to be Billy Graham's successor? The multiple articles and comments identified that addressed this question seem to suggest that no one will be Billy Graham's successor.

The last comment seen addressing the issue was in a memorial service at Oral Roberts University. The current President of ORU, Billy Wilson, indicated that there will be no successor for Billy Graham or for Oral Roberts. In a sense it seems to be a logical answer, in that both were individually created and chosen of God to fulfill a specific role in God's plan for redemption for a specific season.

On the other hand, God holds the final answer for this question. Throughout scripture God often raised up for grooming successors for key spiritual leaders. Moses had Joshua, David had Solomon, Elijah had Elisha, and so forth. The successors were always different than the spiritual giant they replaced. However, God was with the successor, as He was with their predecessor.

So Franklin Graham is the President and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, and President and Chairman of the Board for Samaritan's Purse. Thus he is in particular need of prayer as he seeks God for direction for his ministry responsibilities. Other members of Franklin Graham's family are also addressing this question, and will need prayer for direction from God for their role with the ministry.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Also in 1950 Bob Pierce had founded World Vision, an international charity organization. In 1970 he also founded Samaritan's Purse. His ministry provided missionary outreach to some of the neediest mission fields in the world. In 1973 Bob Pierce met Franklin Graham who was to become his future successor. Franklin Graham experienced a life changing experience while touring the missionary field, and God won his heart for the people.
    Speaking of World Vision, I was reviewing some photos of Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's soon to be bride. Two photos particularly impressed me, one showed her as a college student sitting in front of Buckingham Palace. It made me feel as if her steps have been ordered.

The second photo that really impressed me showed her in a ministry visit to Rawanda with World Vision. She was in the midst of a group of Rawanda boys, and they were all laughing with unimaginable joy. This really struck me hard; as if the Spirit of God was all over it.

Just do not know what else to say. Was left feeling like God is in control of the most tiny details of our lives, even before birth.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am praying that God will pour out a special blessing on the Mothers of the world tomorrow with a load of Mother's Day love to warm their hearts. Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and I have said a prayer for those who lost their mothers in the past year.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I am praying that God will pour out a special blessing on the Mothers of the world tomorrow with a load of Mother's Day love to warm their hearts. Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and I have said a prayer for those who lost their mothers in the past year.
    Amen.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have enjoyed watching the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markel (Duke and Dutchess of Sussex).

Particularly enjoyed the sermon message delivered by Bishop Michael Curry on the power of love in it's many forms.

May God bless Harry & Meghan with a strong marriage rooted and grounded in love!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have been thinking about the principle or the act of "putting off" the old and "putting on" the new, as frequently expressed in the New Testament; as the possibility of living a new life in Christ Jesus, through the renewal of the attitudes of the mind. (Ephesians 4:20-24)

This can sometimes be difficult to imagine or understand. The Apostle Paul gives practical instructions on how to actually "put off" and "put on" the old self for the new (Ephesians 4:25-32). "Be imitators of God...and live a life of love..." (Ephesians 5:1)

"Putting off" and "putting on" are an act of the will; a choice; a means of realizing the possibilities available in and through God.

The Book of Ephesians, written by the Apostle Paul, is a very powerful letter, that is expressed in six chapters of the Bible. Paul is addressing a mature church (body of believers), in order to expand their understanding of God's eternal purpose, God's grace, and God's goals for the Church.

Paul called the saints in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:2).
    The Ephesians were commended by Paul for their faith in the Lord Jesus and for their love for all the saints. Paul gave thanks for the Ephesians regularly and included them in his prayers.

Paul summarized the blessings (gifts) believers have been given in his opening statement (a doxology) as through the Father (Ephesians 1:3-6); through the Son (Ephesians 1:7-12); and through the Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Later in the Book of Revelation, Jesus Christ upbraided the Church of Ephesus for forsaking their first love. (Revelation 2:1-7)

So once again, back full circle, to the importance and power of love.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

The act of putting on and putting off is easily seen in the act of clothing one's self or the taking off of clothing. The Bible uses both expressions.

The Apostle Paul reminds the Ephesian saints that they "had been taught to put off the old self...to be made new in the attitudes of their minds; and to put on the new self..." (Ephesians 4:22-24 NIV)

The Colossians saints were encouraged to "clothe themselves with the fruit of the Spirit"(Colossians 3:12-13; Galatians 5:22-23); and..."to put on love..." (Colossians 3:14)

Paul admonished the Roman saints to... "put on the armor of light" (Romans 13:12) ; and to "clothe themselves with the Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 13:14; Galatians 3:27)

Paul reminds the saints of Ephesus "to be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. To put on the full armor of God..." (Ephesians 6:10-18)

Often action on the part of the believer is called for and encouraged. At other times the need for patiently waiting to be clothed by God was required.

Joshua the high priest was dressed in filthy clothes, in Zechariah the prophet's fourth vision. He was the representation of the sinful nation of Israel. The angel of the LORD commanded that his filthy garments be removed and that clean garments be put on him. Representing the removal of sin; retrieval of Israel from Babylonian exile. (Zechariah 3:1-10)

Before Jesus ascended, he commanded his disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they were clothed with power from on high. This was the promise of God, of the power of the Holy Spirit, that Jesus promised to send. (Luke 24:49)

The act of putting on and putting off is easily seen in the act of clothing one's self or the taking off of clothing. The Bible uses both expressions.

The Apostle Paul reminds the Ephesian saints that they "had been taught to put off the old self...to be made new in the attitudes of their minds; and to put on the new self..." (Ephesians 4:22-24 NIV)

The Colossians saints were encouraged to "clothe themselves with the fruit of the Spirit"(Colossians 3:12-13; Galatians 5:22-23); and..."to put on love..." (Colossians 3:14)

I have been thinking about the idea of clothing yourself in Christ as well. I think that Jesus describes it best by telling us to deny oneself and take up their cross. I think that Jesus is asking us to be free from our false self and ego. We often hide behind our (false) ego and sinful prideful nature. If you experience a loss of your (false) ego, it can be scary because you question who you are and your purpose. Before it was clear; however self absorbed. After our old ways are behind us; we need a purpose and direction. Hence, the taking up our cross for the sake of love, truth, purity, and righteousness. Hence, removing the possibility of a dark night of the soul. When one becomes a child of God through grace and forgiveness, there is a new sense of purpose and a new song in your heart.

Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus told His disciples, “If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. 25 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

To expand on this new life in Christ, I often go back to the parable of the true vine. Every branch that bears no fruit is cut off and every branch that does is pruned as to produce more fruit for the kingdom of God. Spiritual growth is a never ending process.

John 15:1 (Jesus states) I am the true vine, and My Father is the keeper of the vineyard. 2 He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, and every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes to make it even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. Just as no branch can bear fruit by itself unless it remains in the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me.

5 I am the vine and you are the branches. The one who remains in Me, and I in him, will bear much fruit. For apart from Me you can do nothing.
    Last edited by AbstractArtist; 4th June 2018 at 07:20 PM.

Thread Information