Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

Praise God for giving us his greatest gift, Jesus Christ!

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV)

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. (John 13:34-35 NIV)

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. (John 15:12-14 NIV)

This is my command: Love each other. (John 15:17)

2018 PRAYERS

Burgyeb - (1/12/2018) Praying for Southern California, who has experienced mudslides, following last month fires. Pray that they be strengthened and comforted by God's peace, as they face the loss of loved ones, property, and community infra-structure. (see post #1628)

Ropegg - (1/23/2018) Praying for the many needs for those who have been and are being caught in the disastrous things of 2017. Also for those who have been hit hard with the winter storms and the flu already this year. (see post #1630)

Burgyeb - (2/15/2018) Praying for the mass shooting victim's, those injured, their families and friends, and the Broward County High School. May God's peace be in their midst as the injured are healed from their injuries, and those who were lost are mourned by their loved ones. (see post #1636)

Madelaine - (3/12/2018) Requesting agreement in
    prayer, that one of the Christian satellite broadcasters will agree to a weekly short piece aimed at members of the armed forces in the Middle East. There are 3 possible stations. (see posts #1645 & #1646)

Burgyeb - (3/31/2018) Continues praying for Franklin Graham and family (see posts #1638 &
    #1639); also praying for Samaritan' Purse Ministries and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (see post # 1647).

2018 PRAISE REPORTS

Ropegg - (1/23/2018) is thankful to God who hears our prayers, and that He is faithful to answer them according to His will, and with His great love. Also that we are so blessed, even in the midst of the storms. Amen. Praise the Lord! (see post # 1630)

Burgyeb - (3/9/2018) Thanking God for some forward movement on some of the prayers on the prayer list. Received update from Samaritan's Purse on the clean up efforts and the rebuilding of homes to devastated areas of Texas from Hurricane Harvey. They are also rebuilding houses in several hard hit areas in the Caribbeans following the destruction caused by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.

2018 UPDATES

Burgyeb- (3/9/2018) Positive action and good has been emerging from the mass shooting at the Broward County High School. Even on the day of the shooting, unusual heroic acts from teachers, a coach, and students, saved the lives of countless students and others. An overwhelming outcry from students and others, has resulted in dialogue among opposing factions of the gun control issue. Policy and legislative changes have been proposed and enacted, in the areas of school safety, mental health, age related changes for gun ownership, and specialized training for certain school staff.

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013
    SEE POST # 1541 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2014
    SEE POST # 1546 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2015/16
    SEE POSTS #1591 & #1621 FOR LAST PRAYER LISTS FOR 2017 & POST #1623 FOR 2017 SUMMARY REPORT

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Well said.
    Thank you. I've been so glad to see so much good come from so much evil.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    God bless you for your faithfulness on this thread, burgyeb.
    Thank you for your kind comment.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

God bless you for your faithfulness on this thread, burgyeb.

I greatly agree with this and may God keep giving you the wisdom you have shown.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I greatly agree with this and may God keep giving you the wisdom you have shown.
    Thank you Ropegg. It is such a blessing from God to hear from you, Madelaine, and HerMajesty. God bless you all for being such an encouragement.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please join me in praying that one of the Christian satellite broadcasters will agree to a weekly short piece aimed at members of the armed forces in the Middle East. There are 3 possible stations.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please join me in praying that one of the Christian satellite broadcasters will agree to a weekly short piece aimed at members of the armed forces in the Middle East. There are 3 possible stations.

Praying for the perfect will of God and His timing, and the willingness of at least one of the three potential Christian satellite broadcasters, to consider a weekly short piece aimed at members of the armed forces in the Middle East.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Was expecting to receive some type of letter from Franklin Graham concerning the passing of his father. Since the passing away of Billy Graham on February 21, 2018, I have received two ministry publications from Samaritan's Purse. The first publication was a special report on the powerful impact of "Operation Heal Our Patriots". This is a Samaritan Purse Ministry, that targets married military couples, impacted by war-related injuries and emotional/psychological combat trauma. I was deeply touched by the report, sensing that it was an area of ministry that reached into the very heart of God.

The second publication was "PrayerPoint", a Samaritan's Purse Ministry of worldwide prayer. On the cover page of the publication: "Rebuilding After the Storm", a featured story/report on the efforts to rebuild homes in Texas, following the devastation of Hurricane Harvey. The publication also highlighted many of the Samaritan's Purse ministries that operate around the world. Their world ministries are targeting Latin America, the Caribbeans, North East Africa, Europe, the Middle East, West Africa, Uganda, Nepal, North American Ministries, World Medical Missions, Operation Christmas Child, Children's Heart Project, and Operation Heal Our Patriots. PrayerPoint identified prayer focus needed for each of these Samaritan's Purse ministry focus areas.

Towards the end of the PrayerPoint publication, was mention of the passing of Billy Graham. PrayerFocus by Br. Billy Graham on "Learning to Pray". Here Billy Graham teaches about six practical ways to make daily prayer a part of one's life. [PrayerPoint, Spring 2018, p. 49]*

1) Pray with the right attitude - realize your dependence on God, and trust Him to hear and answer your prayer(s) according to His will.

2) Seek God's will in your prayers and ask above all else that God's will be done. (James 4:3)

3) Bring everything (large or small) to God in prayer. (Philippians 4:6)

4) Pray all the time, by maintaining an attitude of prayer. (I Thessalonians 5:17)

5) Trust God for the outcome of your prayer(s). His answer can include "yes", "wait or not yet", "no", or "trust me, even if you don't understand".

6) Learn to listen or discern the voice or response of God to your prayer(s). (Psalm 37:7)

The above teaching on "Learning to Pray" was taken from Billy Graham's book "The Journey".*

Receiving the two publications from Samaritan's Purse also made me realize the need for continued prayer for Franklin Graham and his family, Samaritan's Purse Ministries, and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. Will expound on this in an upcoming post.

Happy Resurrection Day to the World!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

He is Risen!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

He is Risen!
    Amen!

Would also like to wish those who are celebrating the Passover, a very blessed Passover Week! [Celebrated this year from March 30 though April 7, 2018]

To those of Orthodox Faith, wishing you a blessed upcoming celebration of Holy Week! [With Orthodox Good Friday observed on April 6, 2018; and Orthodox Resurrection Day celebrated on April 8, 2018 as based on the Julian Calendar]. Note: the USA and Western Resurrection Day is being celebrated today based on the Gregorian Calendar.

In the heart of every Christian, every day is a celebration of Resurrection Day, and what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross at Calvary! He is Risen! Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Amen!

Would also like to wish those who are celebrating the Passover, a very blessed Passover Week! [Celebrated this year from March 30 though April 7, 2018]

To those of Orthodox Faith, wishing you a blessed upcoming celebration of Holy Week! [With Orthodox Good Friday observed on April 6, 2018; and Orthodox Resurrection Day celebrated on April 8, 2018 as based on the Julian Calendar]. Note: the USA and Western Resurrection Day is being celebrated today based on the Gregorian Calendar.

In the heart of every Christian, every day is a celebration of Resurrection Day, and what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross at Calvary! He is Risen! Amen!
    Amen! He is Risen! Hope everyone had a great Easter!

Thread Information