Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it- the LORD is his name: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. (Jeremiah 33:2-3)

Giving All Praise and Honor to God For His Many Blessings During 2016 - 2017
    Thanking God For His Love, Faithfulness, Mercy, Grace, Power, and Presence During 2016 -2017
    Thanking God For His Peace During the Tumultuous Events of 2017
    Thanking God In Anticipation of His Continued Blessings throughout 2017

2017 PRAYERS (OCT./NOV./DEC.)

May the blessings of God be with all who view or post to this thread. May you be strengthened in spirit, mind, body throughout 2017 and beyond. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank you Father for being a gracious God.

Burgyeb - (10/03/2017) Burgyeb praying for Las Vegas, who experienced mass shooting, that resulted in loss of at least 59 lives and hundreds of injuries. (see post #1594)

Burgyeb - (10/21/2017) Continuing to pray for the many people in California, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Puerto Rico, The Caribbeans, and all impacted areas, that were devastated by hurricanes, flooding, earthquakes, out of control fires, and other residual damage. Also praying for front line rescue and recovery persons; that they would remain strong and encouraged as they come along side of the many impacted people to help. (see post #1599)

Burgyeb - (11/21-- 11/22/2017) Praying for "The 44" individuals from Argentina, who are missing at sea in a submarine. (see posts # 1608, 1609)

Burgyeb - (12/21/2017) Praying that the individuals and families of those impacted by hardship and devastation during 2017, be comforted during this holiday season and throughout 2018, as they endeavor to bring order into their lives.

2017 PRAISE REPORTS (OCT./NOV./DEC.)

Burgyeb - (10/21/2017) Have been encouraged by the many acts of kindness, non-governmental giving, and governmental giving that is going on, in behalf of the devastated areas. (see post #1599)

Madelaine - (10/22/2017) Giving testimony that God hears and answers prayers, by sharing three clear answers to prayers that she has had recently. 1) The flame Team was ministering to Jordan, 10 minutes had been allocated for prayer, Madelaine prayed for more time to be given, and the meeting was extended by 2 hours. 2) A
    missionary friend was on the point of finding himself sleeping rough and money came in. 3) Madelaine had been praying for a charity which needed a pop-up shop in London and now they have one in a really good position in Soho (which is not the sordid area it used to be...). God continues to be in the prayer answering business. Amen! (see post #1600)

Burgyeb - (11/02/2017) Is thankful to God for placing in the hearts of people, especially leaders, the spirit of giving.

Ropegg - (11/03/2017) Is thankful to God for the gift of salvation. (see post #1603)

Burgyeb - (11/03/2017) Is thankful to God for the gift of salvation; and is praising God for the power of his Name. (see post #1604)

Burgyeb - (12/31/2017) Is thankful to an Almighty God for His loving care throughout 2017, and thankful for His anticipated blessings throughout 2018. Looking forward to a new year in the LORD!!!

2017 UPDATES (OCT./NOV./DEC.)

(10/22/2017) Continue to pray for the needs listed on the September prayer list (see post #1591), and more recent prayer list.

(11/02/2017) The devastation witnessed during September in parts of the USA, the Caribbeans, Puerto Rico, and Mexico has resulted in an impressive demonstration of philanthropy from everyday people, stars, actors, rescue organizations, and even among all past USA Presidents, and the current USA President.

All five former USA Presidents created "One America Appeal" to raise money for storm recovery from Hurricane Harvey's impact on Texas and Louisiana; and these efforts were expected to be expanded for Hurricane Irma victims as well. The five former Presidents include Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and Jimmy Carter.

President Donald J. Trump, made a personal donation of one million dollars to disaster relief; this is one of the largest contributions made from a sitting President. Disaster relief organizations receiving donated funds from President Trump include Reach Out America, Red Cross, Salvation Army, Samaritan's Purse, ASPCA, Catholic Charities, Direct Relief, Habitat For Humanity, Houston Humane Society, Operation Blessing, Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies, and Team Rubicon. The contributions were given quickly and completely by President Trump and First Lady, Melania Trump.

Hats off to any and all who have given donations, or shown acts of kindness to the individuals, families, and communities impacted by the storms and other disasters.

(11/13/2017) Update on state of recovery efforts for hurricane and other disaster areas. (see post #1607)

(11/26/2017) The 44 missing individuals on the submarine have not been found, and are presumed dead. Continued prayers are needed for their families and friends, who have suffered a great loss. (see post #1610)

(12/31/2017) As we are blessed to enter 2018, continue to pray for those on our prayer list, that God's presence will strengthen them, and that God's peace will comfort them, as they endeavor to recover from their losses during 2017. May they be blessed with a double portion blessing for all that they have endured. Also pray for any posters or viewers of this thread who have unspoken prayer needs. May they experience a tangible answer to their prayer need, that can only be explained by an intervention of God.

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013
    SEE POST # 1541 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2014
    SEE POST # 1546 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2015/16
    SEE POSTS #1591 & #1621 FOR LAST PRAYER LISTS FOR 2017 & POST #1623 FOR 2017 SUMMARY REPORT

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Praying that the individuals and families of those impacted by hardship and devastation during 2017, be comforted during this holiday season and throughout 2018, as they endeavor to bring order into their lives.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

SUMMARY REPORT FOR "WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE" THREAD JAN. 1, 2013 - DECEMBER 31, 2017

Praise the LORD for blessing us all to see yet another year, and in the case of
    this 2017 Summary Report, through the last five (5) years.This is the forth (4th) summary report for the "What A Mighty God We Serve" Thread. Yes, it has been five years since the last report was done. As I reviewed previous reports and thread posts, I experienced many mixed thoughts, observations, and personal insights. It was an absolute blessing to go back over the glad times, the sad times, the times of fellowship, and the times when God moved in our midst in miraculous ways through answered prayers.

The 1st Summary Report covered a 2 & 1/3 year time frame, from the date of inception, August 14, 2008 thru December 31, 2010. The first report focused heavily on prayer requests, answered prayers, and praise reports, during that time frame. The 1st report can be found on post date 1/12/2011, page 104, post# 1039 for a real blessing. We continue in gratefulness to Sophia who started this thread. You can find her exuberant response to the first report on page 128, post# 1271. The years of this report (8/14/2008 - 12/31/2010) could easily carry an aka: "The Years of the Miraculous Displays of God's Power to Heal, Protect, Provide...." Amen! Praise the LORD!

The 2nd Summary Report, from January 1, 2011 thru December 31, 2011 reflected upon requested prayers during 2011, that covered a wide spectrum of whole person needs. Praise reports were offered for prayer requests that were answered. Unanswered prayers during 2011 and the need for additional prayers were acknowledged. The 2nd Report can be found on post date 12/31/2011, page 129, post# 1288. The year of this report (2011) has an aka: The Year of Prayer, Praise, & Fellowship". Amen! Praise The LORD!

The 3rd Summary Report from January 1, 2012 thru December 31, 2012 continues in the tradition of prayer request, praise reports, and inspirational post by participants of this thread. Inspirational poems, quotations, favorite Scriptures were a very prominent part of 2012. Special thanks are in order for Rat Dog and Iwiw60 for posting a large number of the inspirational posts throughout 2012. The 3rd report can be found on post date 1/1/2013, page 149, post# 1485. The year of this report (2012) has an aka: "The Year of Continued Prayer, Praise, & Fellowship". Amen! Praise the LORD!

We praise the LORD, God Almighty for His continued faithfulness throughout the year, in continuing to hear and answer prayers. Notable healings reported during 2012 included Suesjool's mother; see her praise report on page 131, post # 1301. Suesjool's posted on a different thread that her mother continues to do well, and she is thankful. Another praise report for healing was shared by Naturelady on page 139, post# 1384 concerning her fiancee. Naturelady reported that he "is still doing great". PTL

The 4th Summary Report, and current report for this year (2017), for the five year period covering January 1, 2013 thru December 31, 2017, transcended emotional and spiritual boundaries. There were the glad times, the sad times, the times of fellowship, and the times when God moved in our midst in miraculous ways through answered prayers. There were also the dry times, the times of feeling alone and alienated. The dry times felt as dry as the valley of dry bones, described by the Prophet Ezekiel. (Ezekiel 37) There was also the refreshing, when life and moisture were experienced on the places of dryness. These emotions or experiences were at least real to me; can't speak for the other posters or viewers.

The year 2013 started on a sad note, see post #1486 on page 149; but continued active and lively with many contributors, inspirational posts, and scriptures. The last 2013 Prayer List is on page 151, post 1502. Prayers seemed sparse in this year.

The year 2014 started on a light hearted and pleasant note. First prayer list was posted on March 7, 2014, on page 154, post# 1532. in the area of prayer. However, this year also seemed sparse in the area of prayer. See last Prayer List posted for 2014 on page 155, post# 1541. The last post for 2014 was # 1542, on August 1, 2014. This was indeed a dry year.

The year 2015 proved to be very dry; felt like sitting in the valley of dry bones described by Ezekiel. There was no posting of the Prayer List; first post of the year occurred on December 23, 2015; and the last post ended with a prayer (see page 155, posts # 1553 and # 1554.

The year 2016 started with the posting of the Prayer List on January 2, 2016 (see page 155, post #1545).
    This Prayer List was titled "2015/2016". Prayers from 2015 and 2016 were placed on this first entry of the Prayer List. On March 24, 2016 Sofia posted next (see page 155, post # 1546), quoting the 2015/2016 Prayer List. It felt like life had been "breathed back into my dry bones" or water (of the Holy Spirit) had "moistened my dry bones". There was an exchange of comments between us from posts #1546 through #1549.

Our last post occurred on April 15, 2016. The conversation went silent, and so did the 2016 postings (see page 155, post #1549). As I looked back on that encounter, I had a strange feeling that Sofia had come to encourage me, to strengthen me to keep going with the thread. That was my last post in 2016; I did not post again until September 1, 2017 (see page 155, post #1550). This was 17.5 months later (almost 1 & 1/2 years later).

The year 2017 started with the first post and first prayer for the year. On September 1, 2017, I prayed a prayer of anguish concerning the catastrophic flooding and storm activity occurring in Texas and Louisiana (see page 155, post #1550). It seemed to take devastation and destruction to break the silence. The silence in posting, mentioned in the above paragraph, was not really noticed by me until 2017. It left me feeling a bit puzzled, troubled, and disappointed........in me. However, I was also puzzled and troubled about not hearing anything more from Sofia. However, I seemed to sense a renewing of my strength in the LORD, in the midst of those devastating storms.

In summary, this five (5) year Summary Report for 2017, that covers a period of January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2017 has been an interesting and blessed journey with the LORD, even if not fully understood. May this report be a blessing to all who read it, and help to clarify your journey with the LORD.

As we enter 2018,
    In the coming new year..............."The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace." Numbers 6:24-26 KJV

PRAISE THE LORD

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

Praise God for giving us his greatest gift, Jesus Christ!

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV)

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. (John 13:34-35 NIV)

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. (John 15:12-14 NIV)

This is my command: Love each other. (John 15:17)

2018 PRAYERS

Burgyeb - (1/12/2018) Burgyeb praying for Southern California, who has experienced mudslides, following last month fires. Pray that they be strengthened and comforted by God's peace, as they face the loss of loved ones, property, and community infra-structure. (see post #1628)

2018 PRAISE REPORTS

2018 UPDATES

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013
    SEE POST # 1541 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2014
    SEE POST # 1546 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2015/16
    SEE POSTS #1591 & #1621 FOR LAST PRAYER LISTS FOR 2017 & POST #1623 FOR 2017 SUMMARY REPORT

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

What is Love?

Love is a benefit or gift from God. (Psalm 103:4)

God actually has a benefits package, available to those who choose to serve him. The Psalmist David described God's Benefit Package in Psalms 103:1-5: "Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-- who forgives your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's (NIV).

Love can be seen as a key, an entry point into the things of God. True love begins with God, because..."love comes from God...and because God is love. (see 1 John 4:7-8, 16) The term "love" in various forms is used 43 times in John's first letter; love occurs 32 of the 43 times in the short section of 1 John 4:7---5:3. (NIV Study Bible note)

In the English language the term "love" is mainly used to denote feelings and passion. The Greek language has at least four ways of defining love. Agape is the God kind of love, that is not based on emotions or passion, but is unconditional good will for others. It is not based on feelings, but on how we treat others. The Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

The biblical definition of love can be found in 1 Corinthians 13:1-13. The Apostle Paul taught that love must be sincere. (Romans 12:9) The Apostle John stated..."Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." (1 John 3:18 NIV)

The Apostle Paul summarized the debt or God's commandment to love one another as follows: "Let no debt remain outstanding except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellow man has fulfilled the law. 'The commandments.....are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.' (Romans 13:8-10 NIV)

There are three things that will remain when other things pass away, according to the Word of God.........."faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why is Love So Important?

Love is the key that gains us entry into the things of God. God is love. (see 1 John 4:7-8, 16) The very essence of God is love. His love is unconditional, and is based on good will towards mankind. God wants us to walk in love with him (salvation); and to walk in love with each other, because love never fails. God wants the best for us, and his best is found in love (1 Corinthians 13:13). In order to receive God's best, we must walk in love. "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love." (2 John:6 NIV) Walking in love includes honoring God through obedience; forgiving others as God forgives us (Ephesians 4:32; Colossians 3:13); and walking in the fruit of the Spirit, which is love. (see 1 Corinthians 13; Galatians 5:22-23; Colossians 3:14) Ultimately, love is the governing principle that influences everything God is and does. Therefore, love must control all that the followers of God are and do.

The fruit of the Spirit is expressed as singular, and is described in Galatians 5:22-23 as follows:
    "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control."

Love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13 [NIV], and contains the following components:
    "Love is patient" 13:4 [patience]
    "Love is kind" 13:4 [kindness]
    "Love does not envy" 13:4 [goodness]
    "Love does not boast" 13:4 [gentleness]
    "Love is not proud" 13:4 [gentleness]
    "Love is not rude" 13:5 [goodness/gentleness]
    "Love is not self-seeking" 13:5 [goodness/gentleness]
    "Love is not easily angered" 13:5 [peace]
    "Love keeps no record of wrongs" 13:5 [goodness]
    "Love does not delight in evil" 13:6 [goodness]
    "Love rejoices in the truth" 13:6 [joy]
    "Love always protects" 13:7 [faithfulness]
    "Love always trusts" 13:7 [faithfulness]
    "Love always hopes" 13:7 [faithfulness]
    "Love always perseveres" 13:7 [self control]
    "Love never fails" 13:8

There are three things that will remain when other things pass away, according to the Word of God.........."faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV)

Therefore,............clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. (Colossians 3:12-15)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Southern California have been in my thoughts and prayers this week. They experienced devastating mudslides in their southern region, including Montecito, Ventura, Burbank, and Los Angelos County, Last month the wildfires had burned the grass and shrubs needed to keep the soil in place. This produced a wax-like substance that prevented water from being absorbed. Rain and flood waters combined with the waxy layer produced the mudslides.

Hundreds of homes have been destroyed, at least seventeen people have been reported dead, and a fluctuating number of individuals are missing. Praying also for the first responders who are providing support, resources, and search and rescue services,

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

How Are the Three Remaining Things Connected

The biblical definition of love was discussed. Is there a biblical definition of faith? Yes. Hebrews 11 describes and defines faith, as I Corinthians 13 describes and defines love.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1 KJV)
    Now
    faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1 NIV)

Without faith it is impossible to please God.... (Hebrews 11:6) However,
    ​faith works by love. (Galatians 5:6) The greatest displays of faith in the absence of love is utterly useless. (see I Corinthians 13:1-3) Faith without love will not make it off of first base; it will go no where.

"Love always hopes" I Corinthians 13:7 [faithfulness]

The greatest
    hope known to mankind and the whole creation is the promised future glory. The mystery of this future glory is that it is to be revealed in the children of God. Even all of creation is eagerly awaiting this revelation. The creation (animate and inanimate) is actually groaning, along with the children of God "for their adoption as sons, the redemption of their bodies." (see Romans 8:18-23 NIV)

"For in this
    hope we were saved.But hope
    that is seen is no hope at all.
    " (Romans 8:24-25 NIV) Salvation is by the grace of God (his unmerited favor, forgiveness and love), through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV)

Praise the Lord!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Southern California have been in my thoughts and prayers this week. They experienced devastating mudslides in their southern region, including Montecito, Ventura, Burbank, and Los Angelos County, Last month the wildfires had burned the grass and shrubs needed to keep the soil in place. This produced a wax-like substance that prevented water from being absorbed. Rain and flood waters combined with the waxy layer produced the mudslides.

Hundreds of homes have been destroyed, at least seventeen people have been reported dead, and a fluctuating number of individuals are missing. Praying also for the first responders who are providing support, resources, and search and rescue services,
    Thank you, Burgyeb, for the outstanding work you do in keeping this up and for the praise and prayers. There are so many needs for those who have been and are being caught in the disastrous things of 2017 and I add my prayers to it. Also for those who have been hit hard with the winter storms and the flu already this year. God hears our prayers and He is faithful to answer them according to His will and with His great love we are so blessed even in the midst of the storms.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Thread Information