eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractArtist View Post
    I have been thinking about the idea of clothing yourself in Christ as well. I think that Jesus describes it best by telling us to deny oneself and take up their cross. I think that Jesus is asking us to be free from our false self and ego. We often hide behind our (false) ego and sinful prideful nature. If you experience a loss of your (false) ego, it can be scary because you question who you are and your purpose. Before it was clear; however self absorbed. After our old ways are behind us; we need a purpose and direction. Hence, the taking up our cross for the sake of love, truth, purity, and righteousness. Hence, removing the possibility of a dark night of the soul. When one becomes a child of God through grace and forgiveness, there is a new sense of purpose and a new song in your heart.

Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus told His disciples, “If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. 25 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

To expand on this new life in Christ, I often go back to the parable of the true vine. Every branch that bears no fruit is cut off and every branch that does is pruned as to produce more fruit for the kingdom of God. Spiritual growth is a never ending process.

John 15:1 (Jesus states) I am the true vine, and My Father is the keeper of the vineyard. 2 He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, and every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes to make it even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. Just as no branch can bear fruit by itself unless it remains in the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me.

5 I am the vine and you are the branches. The one who remains in Me, and I in him, will bear much fruit. For apart from Me you can do nothing.

Thank you for sharing your insight and the Word of God on clothing one's self in Christ. I fully agree that spiritual growth is a never ending process. The process does not always follow a strait path of growth, it can seem to go backwards or side ways at times. That is why it is so important to stay connected to Jesus Christ. He has provided the way to remain connected to him, grounded in him, and to clothe ourselves with him. He has provided the gift of his word.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

A PRAISE

Praise God for giving us his greatest gift, Jesus Christ!

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV)

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. (John 13:34-35 NIV)

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. (John 15:12-14 NIV)

This is my command: Love each other. (John 15:17)

2018 PRAYERS

Burgyeb - (1/12/2018) Praying for Southern California, who has experienced mudslides, following last month fires. Pray that they be strengthened and comforted by God's peace, as they face the loss of loved ones, property, and community infra-structure. (see post #1628)

Ropegg - (1/23/2018) Praying for the many needs for those who have been and are being caught in the disastrous things of 2017. Also for those who have been hit hard with the winter storms and the flu already this year. (see post #1630)

Burgyeb - (2/15/2018) Praying for the mass shooting victim's, those injured, their families and friends, and the Broward County High School. May God's peace be in their midst as the injured are healed from their injuries, and those who were lost are mourned by their loved ones. (see post #1636)

Madelaine - (3/12/2018) Requesting agreement in
    prayer, that one of the Christian satellite broadcasters will agree to a weekly short piece aimed at members of the armed forces in the Middle East. There are 3 possible stations. (see posts #1645 & #1646)

Burgyeb - (3/31/2018) Continues praying for Franklin Graham and family (see posts #1638 & #1639); also praying for Samaritan' Purse Ministries and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (see post # 1647).

Burgyeb - (7/8/2018) Prayers and thoughts are with those in Japan facing flooding from rain, and also with those involved in the Thai cave rescue efforts. (See post #1662)

Burgyeb - (7/9/2018) Continuing to pray for the remaining four boys and their coach. Also praying for the rescue workers. One retired navy seal lost his life while placing oxygen tanks in the cave. Prayers and thoughts going out to his family. (See post #1663)

Burgyeb - (1010/2018) Thoughts and prayers are with those in Florida impacted by Hurricane Michael. Pray for safety, and limited loss of life to all those in the path of Michael. (See post # 1666)

Ropegg - (10/17/2018) Continues praying for those impacted by storms in the Carolina's. (See post #1667)

Burgyeb - (10/18/2018) Continues praying for all those storm and disaster impacted areas. (See post #1669)

Burgyeb - (11/12/2018) Continues praying for California, who experienced mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, and for the current forest fires which have killed at least 31 people and 100's remain missing. (See post #1670)

2018 PRAISE REPORTS

Ropegg - (1/23/2018) is thankful to God who hears our prayers, and that He is faithful to answer them according to His will, and with His great love. Also that we are so blessed, even in the midst of the storms. Amen. Praise the Lord! (see post # 1630)

Burgyeb - (3/9/2018) Thanking God for some forward movement on some of the prayers on the prayer list. Received update from Samaritan's Purse on the clean up efforts and the rebuilding of homes to devastated areas of Texas from Hurricane Harvey. They are also rebuilding houses in several hard hit areas in the Caribbeans following the destruction caused by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.

Thecricketcompany - (7/10/2018) Praising God for his goodness. (See post #1664)

Burgyeb - (7/21/2018) Praising God in agreement for his goodness. Giving high praise to God that all remaining Thai boys/their coach were rescued. (Post #1665)

2018 UPDATES

Burgyeb- (3/9/2018) Positive action and good has been emerging from the mass shooting at the Broward County High School. Even on the day of the shooting, unusual heroic acts from teachers, a coach, and students, saved the lives of countless students and others. An overwhelming outcry from students and others, has resulted in dialogue among opposing factions of the gun control issue. Policy and legislative changes have been proposed and enacted, in the areas of school safety, mental health, age related changes for gun ownership, and specialized training for certain school staff.

Burgyeb- 11/12/2018) Continuing to praise God for his goodness and acts of kindness that are manifested during times of tragedy and disaster. Continual prayers are needed for USA (our people and leaders), and for people and leaders around the world, as they face hardship and challenges.

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011
    POST# 1281 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2011 & POST# 1288 FOR 2011 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1447 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2012 & POST # 1486 FOR 2012 SUMMARY REPORT
    SEE POST # 1504 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2013
    SEE POST # 1541 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2014
    SEE POST # 1546 FOR LAST PRAYER LIST FOR 2015/16
    SEE POSTS #1591 & #1621 FOR LAST PRAYER LISTS FOR 2017 & POST #1623 FOR 2017 SUMMARY REPORT

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Eight of the twelve Thai boys who were trapped in the cave have been rescued. Continuing to pray for the remaining four boys and their coach. Also praying for the rescue workers. One retired navy seal lost his life while placing oxygen tanks in the cave. Prayers and thoughts going out to his family.

Amen! God is GOOD!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thecricketcompany View Post
    Amen! God is GOOD!
    Yes, God is good!

I have been rejoicing in God's goodness, as all of the remaining boys and their coach were rescued, treated in the hospital, and have all been released, and reunited with family. The boys themselves stated "It was a miracle..." Yes, we serve a miracle working God! Amen!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thoughts and prayers are with those in Florida impacted by Hurricane Michael. Pray for safety, and limited loss of life to all those in the path of Michael.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Thoughts and prayers are with those in Florida impacted by Hurricane Michael. Pray for safety, and limited loss of life to all those in the path of Michael.
    They are still in need of help and in the Carolina's too so I am still praying for their needs. Our world is impacted with such needs in so many places but there are never more places than we are able to pray for.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    They are still in need of help and in the Carolina's too so I am still praying for their needs. Our world is impacted with such needs in so many places but there are never more places than we are able to pray for.
    Name:  pray.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  100.0 KB
    Last edited by olivia8143; 18th October 2018 at 08:42 AM.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

PRAYER

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 "pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (NIV)

The Apostle Paul instructed on putting on the full armor of God in Ephesians 6:10-20. Prayer is a part of the armor of God.

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying...." (Ephesians 6:18 NIV)

Galatians 6:9 says "Let us not become weary in doing good..."

I have continued holding the storm impacted communities in my thoughts and prayers. Also praying for the first responders that they do not become weary in well doing.

The damage done to property in the Florida Panhandle and Mexico Beach is devastating. There will be no quick fixes to recovery. It has already been acknowledged that it could take years for comprehensive recovery. In spite of this fact the first responders have been described as humanity at its finest. Many of those who lost everything still have hope; and are saying they will rebuild. With all of the massive property damage, it was a wonder that only 18 lives were lost in the panhandle, and 3 reported as missing. Mexico Beach took a direct hit from Hurricane Michael's category 4, 155 mile per hour winds, with greater loss of life and 40 people still unaccounted.

My prayers continue for the storm impacted communities in Florida's Panhandle, Mexico Beach, Virginia, the Carolinas, Texas, Caribbean Islands, Puerto Rico, Indonesia and other disaster impacted areas.

I pray for them with the words of the prophet Isaiah:

"The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his under standing no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall:

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:28-31 NIV)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Continuing to pray for California, who experienced mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, and for the current forest fires which have killed at least 31 people and 100's remain missing.

Thread Information