eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990

Thread: What book are you reading at the moment

Default Re: What book are you reading at the moment

Losing Leah by Sue Welfare [a distant cousin of mine]

An ordinary day...an ordinary couple... a terrible secret. On a cold dark February morning. Chris and Leah Hills stop for coffee at an isolated service station a stone's throw from the Welsh Borders. While Leah heads inside, Chris locks the car and goes in to order them a drink. She shouldn't be long, after all they've only stopped to stretch their legs. Minutes pass. Chris waits and waits, but Leah doesn't come back. When Sergeant Mel Daley and her boss, Detective Inspector Harry Baker, arrive to begin the search, their investigation calls into question whether Leah ever left Norfolk and unravels a tangle of dark secrets from the past.

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/w/s...osing-leah.htm

Just finished Slaves of Obsession by Anne Perry - a YDC161 purchase.

Name:  YDC161 Slaves Of Obsession By Anne Perry_s.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  19.6 KB

In Slaves of Obsession, Anne Perry thrusts her returning hero, William Monk, into the midst of the American Civil War. Monk is not choosing sides in this war based on the convictions of the Union or the Confederacy. Instead, he must put aside his principles to get to the bottom of a complex case involving gun smuggling, blackmail, and murder.

The Secret Wife by Gill Paul.

Name:  The_Secret_Wfe_234.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  21.2 KB

"Inspired by the life of Grand Duchess Tatiana Romanova and her affection for an injured Russian Imperial Guard, Dmitri Malama, who came into her care at the Catherine Palace in Tsarskoe Selo where she volunteered as a nurse during WWI. It's a dual timeframe story and is told through the eyes of Dmitri and also those of his (fictional) great grand-daughter, Kitty.

This story was a wonderful imagining of what might have happened if Tatiana and her soldier had survived. It's beautifully told and all the characters felt so very real. I could just picture Kitty sitting outside her cabin, drinking wine and watching the sunset after a day's carpentry renovation! I really liked Dmitri but my favourite character has to be another lady who came into his life, Rosa. Such a colourful and Bohemian sounding person! And I loved the thought of (non-fictional) Ortipo, the French Bulldog, a gift from Dmitri to Tatiana, with her Fabergé dog tag!"

Thread Information