Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Mornin' troops. Just wondering if Private Meebo is hugging a glacier somewhere in Norway to keep cool ?!

Brother is safely back in Cornwall, I'm happy to say, after his adventure in the foreign parts of a Plymouth hospital !

The Cadet and wife have put a retaining fee on a flat in Cheltenham so should be getting the keys around the 23rd. It will seem strange again when they go. I've also had a rare email from the other Cadet so that was nice to hear his news.

My bomb has exploded (oh woe is me) so I shall have to brave the sweltering tank to get to the post office.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Do you need to sieve the pebbles out? A few will improve the drainage of the soil. Just an idea which might save you a lot of hard work!
    It's more getting the larger pieces of rock, cement rubble and rubbish out that the builders used as a base - most of the pebbles have gone back in along with home-grown compost to try and improve the soil.

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Morning one and all - another sunny, warm one methinks.

Kettle's on, tea is made; there's plenty of bread for toast + oranges for juicing.

Today will mostly be spent clearing up the cuttings from all the green stuff that overhangs the boundary fence from another neighbour's garden. Then when all that is done, himself can start to paint our side of the boundary fence with preservative stuff. It hasn't been done for 3 years...

Have all a good day.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Annie you have reminded me our fences need doing but the sun always seems where the fence is & don't feel like roasting but hopefully will get it done next week.

Well village fete today, they have cancelled the Dog show because of the heat. which seems a good idea, they are expecting us to get to 30degrees it can't be far of it already.

Have done the relists so am uptodate

Good news Sgt to hear you brother is okay

Ello troops, sweltering here and they say it's going to be even hotter tomorrow. Cadet & wife have gone to Bournemouth as the Cadet has a refresher acupuncture course. They went at about 6.30am so the heat wouldn't have been too bad but I don't envy them the drive back !

I've got my notice of leave up as off to Jersey on Friday - it's the 13th so what could possibly go wrong with the cadet house sitting ?!!!
    Nothing new to report, all quiet on the Western Front.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post

It's more getting the larger pieces of rock, cement rubble and rubbish out that the builders used as a base - most of the pebbles have gone back in along with home-grown compost to try and improve the soil.

That's exactly what my beds are like. I have bought a hand held rotavator and it is making light work of breaking up much of the lumps and bumps. I'm too feeble to use a spade or fork to dig and turnover anything so it was a good buy for less than £10

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

After a cool night, it's another warm and sunny morning with not a cloud in the sky.

Just wish it would cool down a bit so I can get on with things.

Stay cool folks.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Am afraid here was not a cool night, & boiling at 1/4 to 8 for dog walking there were lots more out with dogs this morning.

Have done the relists but feels to hot to do much we are going to pick some salade stuff & then go to Nigels mums to do a bit in the garden ther e are plenty of shaded bits, & the leaves on the trees are falling as though its autumn.

Boiling here, don't feel like doing anything ... so I won't !

Hi there everyone. It's about 25C here today. A nice enough day. We've had some rain and some heat. It's been good. Allergy season is past.

Our truck was stolen. Trying to determine what to do or buy next. Really didn't want to buy another vehicle right now, but we will have to replace it I guess.

Husband had cataract surgeries on both eyes in May so it was back and forth to a nearby city for that. A bit of trouble with one of the surgeries, but he seems better now and has a checkup for his new glasses this week. Yesterday he did something to his knee, so is hobbling around. Hope he'll be better soon. Me, I'm just as decrepit as usual. The joys of getting older for some of us.

I took a bit of a listing break again, but hope to get back to it soon.

Thread Information