Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Sarge, with your son at home he could be the one doing the cooking
    He's not stupid Private Meebo, he's going out this evening to a friend's birthday do ! He said I could go with him ... wish I could !

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Ello troops. Well the dreaded day has arrived at last, just got to wait for the early afternoon showers to pass and then it will be all systems go to get everything out into the garden. Just got some salads to make and then the rest is up to him. I don't think he's quite grasped that he's going to be cooking for most of the evening, I think he has it in his head that it will just be an hour or so and then he can party with his mates !

The cadet and wife arrived back safely yesterday from Plymouth in their new tank. This is going to be very useful as I've already been offered a lift to my early morning hospital appointment in a week's time. It's going to be so strange being driven by my son after me being the taxi driver for so many years !!!

By the way where is Private Buttons ? Has she gone AWOL or is she buried under a pile of builder's rubble ?!
    I am here, and i got buried by a windows update that screwed my computer up, then told me they could not fix it and i ended up with the dreaded blue screen telling me i had to put my computer back to factory settings, I am still re installing stuff,almost there now apart from a couple of things i cant fix, Photoshop to put back in and passwords to find and all email dresses lost and messages i wanted to keep all gone, i wish they would scrap this heap of dog poo and revert back to XP, Oh and i cant get Firefox to work correctly now, not that i use it much, i have now turned windows update off because it is only really games and carp they update and i dont do games. Apart from that I am still trying to put my house back in some sort of order before the builders goon show starts again

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I am here, and i got buried by a windows update that screwed my computer up, then told me they could not fix it and i ended up with the dreaded blue screen telling me i had to put my computer back to factory settings, I am still re installing stuff,almost there now apart from a couple of things i cant fix, Photoshop to put back in and passwords to find and all email dresses lost and messages i wanted to keep all gone, i wish they would scrap this heap of dog poo and revert back to XP, Oh and i cant get Firefox to work correctly now, not that i use it much, i have now turned windows update off because it is only really games and carp they update and i dont do games. Apart from that I am still trying to put my house back in some sort of order before the builders goon show starts again
    Phew, glad I can stand down the M.P. Private Buttons !

Also glad I'm still on Windows 7 !!!

well i did hope that when it reinstalled it's tiny self it would go back to 8 but no it went back to 10 Name:  crash-smiley-face.gif
Views: 48
Size:  1.6 KB

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - you've just missed out on egg & bacon butties for breakfast But loads of cups of tea going spare.

Have all a good day.

I've now had THREE Windows 10 updates in a little over a week and I keep finding bits no longer doing what they used to do and a whole ton of stuff I really don't want and will never use installed - and as for startup times, I could go and cook a breakfast for the time it now takes....

If it's any help to anyone suffering, try installing Glary Utilities - it's a great application for clearing out your pc and even if you're not really savvy with computers, if you use the '1 click maintenance' it will do it all for you... it's a safe programme to use, I've been using it for years and it does speed my machine up - here's a link to it:

https://www.glarysoft.com/

Have a good Sunday

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's underway! Youngest daughter, Ami, is in hospital in labour. Can't wait.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pennie hope you won't be waiting to long & that your daughter has an easy time,

Buttons hope the computer is back to normal, must admitt have had more hick ups with compter since the updates, when had this computer with windows 10 was good, but at times its now slow.

Sgt hope you are recovered from the barbie, your son new when to opt out.

Turned on the computer to find out that a cousin has died it appears he was on holiday, his sister has rung & said she can't find out much yet, wise it the only time we see any of our familys is funerals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    I've now had THREE Windows 10 updates in a little over a week and I keep finding bits no longer doing what they used to do and a whole ton of stuff I really don't want and will never use installed - and as for startup times, I could go and cook a breakfast for the time it now takes....

If it's any help to anyone suffering, try installing Glary Utilities - it's a great application for clearing out your pc and even if you're not really savvy with computers, if you use the '1 click maintenance' it will do it all for you... it's a safe programme to use, I've been using it for years and it does speed my machine up - here's a link to it:

https://www.glarysoft.com/

Have a good Sunday
    Done, thank you

Ello troops well I've survived - just ! After a deluge of rain at 4.00pm yesterday just when I had started putting all the stuff in the garden and had to run out and get it back in. Then the wind got up and we had BBQ smoke blowing everywhere. I just thank goodness I invited some of my friends because a load of people from his tennis club who had said they were coming didn't bother to show up. I'm really angry after having to go to all that effort and thankfully O/H has said he will not be hosting anything for them again. Although he has now said he wouldn't mind buying a BBQ ... what is it with men playing with fire ?!

Thank goodness the cadet and wife are here to help eat up all the left over food ! At least I got lots of nice compliments about the garden from the people that came so all that hard work weeding paid off.

Sorry to hear about your bad news Lieutenant Maplegin, I hope it's not going to be too hard bringing him home. My FIL died while on holiday in Spain with my BIL's family but the Spanish authorities and the travel company were brilliant sorting everything out and flying him back quickly.

Exciting news Private Wicca, post a photo as soon as the cadet arrives !

Now I would appreciate you all typing quietly today as rather a lot of gin was consumed last night !

Thread Information