Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Good morning all, my sympathies are with you Meebo, time spent visiting someone close in hospital can be very much a strain on you, I hope everything is sorted quickly and without too much strain on either of you...

11pm last night had a quick check on a couple of my listings to find that the company who host my pictures that go into the main body of my listings had their domain closed down on them, so every listing was without pictures.... All today's plans are out of the window as I'm now having to revise every listing to add pictures again.... Not the happiest person in the world today....

Have a good day my friends...

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - after a sleepless night with leg cramps I'm now full of tea, Co-codamol & Naproxen but not quite away with the fairies yet!

Heavy river mist again outside but beginning to see the houses opposite us, so hopefully will clear soon. A few more things to put in MH and should just about be ready for tomorrow.

Have to deal with a NPB/newbie - obviously changed her mind but no contact in any shape or form to let me know.

Hope all is well with Clive, meebo and that he gets home soon.

Mandart - have you tried Flickr for picture hosting? Their only condition is that you have a yahoo email to join [easy enough to set up]. I don't use them so much since they changed their front page qwhich is so in your face it gives me a headache!

I use Postimage to transfer my image from a picture to a little bit of electronic code to slip into the html of the listing - they've been around for about 12 years now and is very easy to use and doesn't cost anything, but yesterday their domain holder just shut their domain down on them, no warning.... they've got it reset but all the images now have a slightly different bit of code so I have to go back and change it on every listing....

Doesn't only affect the product but the image of the template as well... Luckily it's quite a swift job to replace it, it's just when it involves every listing....

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why do people host there images anyway. I just upload from my laptop and no worries of host closing/changimg. Is it bcause you all have fancy pages?
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Mine's not really hosted, it's because I need to integrate it into the listing template html and I need to transfer the picture into code so I can slot it in... otherwise, my images are all stored in my PC and backed up into Google Cloud. Serves me right trying to make my listings look a bit flashy I guess...

i do the same as you penni, they are on my desktop and external drive ( when i remember to put them on it EX that is)

ATTEN...SHUN ! Right I'm back troops, no doubt you will all be very pleased to hear !

Bloomin' 'eck I can't turn my back for five minutes. I find Clive in hospital with my camp de aide Meebo mopping fevered brows, Private Dart has camouflaged listings so well that nobody can see them, Private Mcc2 preparing to leave on a secret mission and as for Private Buttons ... well she had better PM me pronto with a VERY good excuse for taking down her shops otherwise she will be cleaning the latrines for the rest of the year !

Methinks I am going to need Private Tropical's bribe (thank you !) that she left on my doorstep while I was away !

I did manage to find a few bits of stock at the Cornish outpost and of course brought some things back for the YDC so at least that mission was accomplished.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1174)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sgt Glad you had a good break & managed a few buys of stock

We have suddenly had loads of paper work for Dads estate & now phone calls about it as well so not a quiet life.

Am afraid somer has had 2 small sales over night already paid for, so back to routine today which makes me feel life is getting back to normal, though still tons of paperwork to do for Dad.

Meebo hope you are not to tired after your trip to visit OH,

Pennie I always hoast are own photo /scans on computer, so does somerset.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - another damp and misty morning here in Welsh Wales.

Almost ready for the off so will catch up later.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! No sun here but it appears to be dry. I heard my knee yesterday on the bus and now I can hardly walk. So I will have to stay home and rest. Maybe by this afternoon I'll be able to travel again, but somehow I don't think so. I lost one over night, but waiting for payment. That's it for now. Canteen duty I leave to someone else today

Thread Information