Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Good morning! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. I learned late morning that my best friend was in hospital in intensive care. I wanted to find out more but realised when they moved (not too far away) we have only communicated via text or email and I wanted to get in touch with her husband. I don't have either his phone number or address. Sadly she died in the afternoon. We have been friends for over 40 years.
    OH has gone back to bed to sleep. He is not having a good day, so I shall now quietly go back to editing. Might do a little sewing for a change later

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    what is old man tv?
    If it's anything like my O/H it will be weather documentaries, endless world war II documentaries, university challenge, plus any kind of sport !

You have my sympathy Lieutenant Maplegin my dad also had bank and insurance statements going back umpteen years. I even found things like Christmas cards from friends dating to the 1950's when I had to clear out his house. It was a mammoth task !

So sorry to hear about your friend Private Meebo. It seems to be that time of year, I also had an email from a friend yesterday to let me know she had just lost her dad.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    what is old man tv?
    In our flat it is reruns of The Bill, anything world war 2 or Vietnam war related...old black and white movies and Forces TV

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry for your loss, meebo. I know that feels awful.
    And Trish - I didn't comment on you losing your mother recently. That is such a hard one to come to terms with.

But spring, like hope, seems to sprout eternal. I see lots of daffodils blooming, and the rabbits have come out of hiding. Birds are pairing up, and snowdrops are lovely. I even have seen the sun for awhile today.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some of those old movies are quite entertaining. I like that they didn't use all the tricks of computer graphics (due to no computers), and movies were slower paced and less violent.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Hi everyone, thank-you so much for your lovely messages, cards and gifts.
    Pam and Nigel, my heart goes out to you, you have so much to cope with. Sending you both positive thoughts, strength to get through this stressful time and a big hug ((((((xxx))))))
    At least I have my three sisters and a brother to help with all the arrangements that need to be done, but as the eldest I have been given the final decision making, and my head is not co-operating, think my brain is addled. I think that we have all decided that mum's funeral will be 29th March. One of my sisters may have to have another operation (amputation) very soon, so we are trying to get our heads around this.

Meebs, I hope that Clive is rested and feeling a little better. So sorry to hear that your best friend has passed.
    My Lucia phoned last night absolutely sobbing her heart out - her very special friend and old workmate died in her sleep - aged 55.
    No warning at all, no illness, non-smoker, occasional drinker, successful business woman, heart of gold. Lucia said she was as beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside. One of her sons found her dead in bed in the morning - what an absolutely dreadful thing to happen.
    Makes me realise that we must all live as if every day will be our last, 'cos one day it will be. That's for sure!
    Moonie, you had a dreadful experience, but thankfully you pulled through, and we are all happy that you did. xxx

As for 'old man tv' - sarge hit the nail on the head, my old man watches exactly the same. Especially the news, weather, documentaries, sport (of any kind). Doh!

I don't watch tv very much, but when I do which is after 9pm, I like to watch a good film, but I always seem to fall asleep after a while.
    Maybe the 'special ingredient' medicine in my glass takes effect ....
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Some of those old movies are quite entertaining. I like that they didn't use all the tricks of computer graphics (due to no computers), and movies were slower paced and less violent.
    Totally agree about the entertainment value of old movies....but EVERY day is a bit OTT in my view.

I don't complain as I get to sit with my Billy while the TV is on and I wouldn't change him one bit

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning and guess what - it's chucking down again What happened to the lovely Spring day we had yesterday?

Almost finished another store's postage editing [Bulk edit is a wonderful help] so onwards and upwards to get it finished this weekend. Haven't found any missing listings as yet .......

I don't watch much tv these days and himself has cut back on his viewing lately now he's joined Facebook and other message boards!

Time for another mug of tea.

Name:  Apocalypse_Now_In_a_Minute.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  15.6 KB

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! Where has the last hour gone? I had so much planned before breakfast, but very little got done. Outside it is getting light. I shall be happy to wake to daylight again. It does give me more energy. Canteen duty is done, so I can move on to the next job - a little bit of sewing. I really must have a look through my talking books to keep me company while doing that.

Silly me - forgot to post this. But now we have sunshine

Thread Information